Adogg4 is offline New Member

insulin timing POST workout

whats up bros, wanted to get some input on how anyone that has used slin goes about injecting it post-workout at the gym or at home?

My first cycle of slin I was training at home so I could inject it right after my workout, then go mix up a dextrose/whey shake a minute later. Currently I am training at a gym about 15 minutes away from my house.

So what would be the best way to time my injections? Should I bring the slin with me in a pre-loaded pin and take it as soon as I finish my workout, then have a dextrose/whey shake right after that? Or would it be just as good to leave it at home, and inject it 15 minutes after my workout is over?

I could also have a dextrose/whey shake at the gym, then inject the slin as soon as I got home...which of these would be the best?

Thanks

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Take your Slin preloaded pin to gym, and have it immidietly after work out. Then as soon as you had your shot, consume the appropriate amount of dextrose/carbs. Then about 15 minutes later have your protein shake. I wouldn't recomend to have you dextrose/carbs about 15 min after your Slin shot especially if you are using the quik acting Slin such as Humalog. IMO, dextrose/carbs should be consumed immidietly after injection, followed by a protein shake about 15 minutes later like I stated above. I would go with taking the Slin right after your workout and then take your dextrose/carbs, instead of taking your dextrose/carbs right after workout and then your slin shot about 15 min later when you get home.
    Last edited by Gear; 06-07-2004 at 11:04 PM.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    is it ok to take your dextrose/carb and protien all in one shake right after injection or better to split them and wait the 15 min for protien shake

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    is it ok to take your dextrose/carb and protien all in one shake right after injection or better to split them and wait the 15 min for protien shake
    I have the same question....what would be the benefit of splitting the protein out?

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    I have the same question....what would be the benefit of splitting the protein out?
    I have been thinking the same thing, how to get the glutimine and creatine in and not have the glutimine compete with the whey

Have your Slin shot, then immidietly after injection take your carbs/dextrose/l-glutamine/creatine. 15 minutes later take your protein shake. The reason why you should take your dextrose and carbs right after your shot, is to prevent Insulin side effects. Insulin really starts to work about 15 minutes after the injection, and this is when we take our protein shake. The protein shake is taken 15 minutes later coz there is more chance of it getting absorbed 15 minutes after your injection, than immidietly after injection.

There is nothing wrong with taking all your supplments including your protein shake right after injection of Slin. But IMO it is more beneficial to take the protein 15 min after injection as it will get absorbed a lot better.

I suppose you could have your l-glutamine/creatine/whey 15 minutes post injection. But more importantly its good to know that the dextrose/carbs should be taken right after injection. All this info I have written up now regards to quik acting Insulin such as Humalog

As a matter of fact while we are on the subject, if anyone has any other ways or timings on when to take carbs/dextrose/l-glutamine/creatine/whey when using Insulin , please let us know. I am curious.

I think getting the timing right when taking your whey is really important, as taking whey really takes full advantage of what Insulin is doing for you.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    cool bro

Adogg4 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I think getting the timing right when taking your whey is really important, as taking whey really takes full advantage of what Insulin is doing for you.

thanks for the advice bro, I was under the impression that you are to take the whey/dextrose shake right after the shot because it takes about 15 minutes to enter the bloodstream anyways

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    yeah,i didnt think the protien would be active immediately,it needs to be digested first.correct??...some more feed back would be helpful

Hehe, no worries . And yeah like I said, taking all the supplments right after injection is good also, but seperating the whey about 15 min after injection and other supplments is more beneficial IMO. Even if you are not using slin or aas, I think the whey should be consumed about 15 min after training for most effects.

Thread Information