BigJuice2 is offline New Member

Exclamation Help I Think I Messed Up With My Humatrope!!!

I Purchased Lilly Humatrope 24 Mg Cartiriges. The Problem Is They Are Made For A Pen To Inject. Well The 24 Mg Is Suppose To Be 72 Iu's. Ive Been Using Insulin Needles And Fillin Them Up With 3 Ius A Night. The Problem Is Iveonly Been On For A Week And My 24mg Cartrige Is Almost Gone Only Like 9 Ius Left In An Insulin Needle. I Was Wondering If The Cartiriges Are Different Since Are Supposeto Be Used Witha Pen. That Means Ive Been Doing Like 9ius A Nite. But Someone Please Help Me If Ya Know The Answer! Is The Ius Different For A 24mg Cartiridge? Thanks Guys

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Depends om the mix Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJuice2
    I Purchased Lilly Humatrope 24 Mg Cartiriges. The Problem Is They Are Made For A Pen To Inject. Well The 24 Mg Is Suppose To Be 72 Iu's. Ive Been Using Insulin Needles And Fillin Them Up With 3 Ius A Night. The Problem Is Iveonly Been On For A Week And My 24mg Cartrige Is Almost Gone Only Like 9 Ius Left In An Insulin Needle. I Was Wondering If The Cartiriges Are Different Since Are Supposeto Be Used Witha Pen. That Means Ive Been Doing Like 9ius A Nite. But Someone Please Help Me If Ya Know The Answer! Is The Ius Different For A 24mg Cartiridge? Thanks Guys
    How much water are you mixing with the lypholized powder?

it came with 3ml of bw water.

Dayum!!

it came with 3ml of bw water.
    Only 3 ml of water for all 72 iu's????

yep

yeah it only came with 3 ml of water per 24 mg cartridge.

Just did some rough math based on what you said. You had 72IU in 3mL, which is 24IU/mL. If you were using a U-100 insulin pin and drawing 3"IUs" on the pin, which is 0.03cc or 30 microliters and you've been on one week, you'd have used 210 microliters total and have 2.790ccs left......BUT if you were drawing 30"IUs" on the slin pin per night (which is a sh!t ton of GH), you'd have used 2.1ccs so far and have 0.9ccs left, which is 90 "IUs" on a slin pin.....this sounds more like what you're saying. If you're using a U-40 slin pin, then the math doesn't make sense either way.

If you actually are using 30 "IUs" on the slin pin per night, that's 7.2IU/night.

Thanks Einstein!!! Bigjuice let us know if that helps you out Bro. Did you figure out what type of slin pin you have???

Thread Information