DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET

1st Slin Shot Today

i took my first pwo slin shot today 5ius,imediately follwed it with a cab/protien shake with creatine.138g/carbs and 54g/pro.....then 1 hr later i ate a solid meal..8oz chicken(50g pro) and brown rice (50g carbs) and then and hour after that i drank a carb/pro drink 60g/carbs 35g/pro....i know i may have over done it a bit but i wasnt taking any chances...is it a bad thing that i took in this many carbs/pro within 2 hrs,it wasn't easy getting all this sh it down and i dont look forward to it every day pwo.but i will do what i need to as to not go into hypo.i had no signs of it.tomorrow i will bump it to 6ius and so on till i reach 8ius and im gonna keep it there for 4 weeks,pwo only.so thats 5 x week
    btw.....the slin was humalog

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    The only way you can be sure on your carbs is using the glucometer to assess your BG with dosing so you can be more scientific with your carb intake as opposed to guessing

yeah,i'll have to definately do that.i guess my only concern other then hypo is gaining fat.i finally just got low enough to see my abs and i definately dont want to lose that.without intaking any fat in that time frame am i relatively safe or is there an opertunity for excess carbs being stored as fat,these are the only carbs i intake during the day...pwo.the rest of my meals are pro/fat

took 2nd shot today,after traing chest and abs.followed by same meal regiment as yesterday..took btwn 7 and 8 ius..it's really hard to be exact with this shyt.no hypo signs.really havent felt any change at all.just forcing myself to eat 3x within 2hrs after shot.getting in a total of 140g pro and 250g of carbs in this time.my entire diet over 7 meals is 315g pro.....250g carbs(only pwo) and 70g of fat.total 2960 cal

just an update.i'm now coming to the end of my first full(5days)week with slin.i'm at 10iu's pwo and gonna keep the dosage right there.i have yet to have to deal with any signs of hypo as i am definately getting enough carbs and protien in the 2hrs after my shot(humalog).the only thing i have noticed thus far is that i am not as sore the day after as i normally would be.other then that,nothing spectacular.i haven't noticed any increase in bf.probably because i'm running clen 160mcg/ed and im sure the 1hr cardio sessions at 4am every morning are helping to keep off any fat.i'll keep yours updated.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    cool bro! are you running any as with it

tren 160mg/ed(and a sh it load of b6)
    test e 450mg/every 3rd day
    equipoise 800mg/week
    clen 160mcg/ed eca stack 2 weeks on/off
    10mg nolva/ed
    taurine 4000mg/ed
    kicked off with d-bol and prop

on week 9 now.dropped from 275# 20%bf to presently 247# at 9%bf.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I would take that as a yes

just an update...i have been using slin pwo 10ius....humalog.taking in approx 70g pro and 80g carbs in the form of dextrose and then 1hr later chicken and brown rice.the only real difference i can say is from the slin is absolutely no soreness the next day for the muscles worked previously.i felt a little hypo yesterday,was walking around the mall about 3 1/2 hrs after shot and became very light headed and started sweating and shakin,i immediately went and ate...chicken and brown rice and had a coke just to get some suger in right away.sides passed in a few minutes after eating.will keep yous updated

do you feel any "fuller" ? Or do you feel that your recovery is the only bennefit

MyTyHyC is offline New Member
    Hi
    at first excuse me my bad english , I'm russian

10 ius of slin is realy a small dose, our BBs use not less than 20 ius/ day ,
    but some of them 80-100 ius, but slins dose depend of weight , their weight is in average - 100-120 kilos(or 222-270 pounds)
    I think this is the reason of not feeling hipo

BRO im presently 245 and holding.down from 275....10ius is enough from everything i have read...if your taking 80 ius.that means you need a min of 600g carbs...thats alot of dextrose bro

I've used 20 ius and my diet was :

1) 2-3 breads with honey
    1 litre - gainer (4 spoons)
    3 eggs
    40g - L-form aminoacids

after 2 hours

2) 2-3 breads with honey
    gainer
    porridge - big plate

after 2 hours

3) gainer
    100g- aminos

as you know slins is active during 6 hours thats why your diet may be less
    strict after 6 hours

You started out with a LOT of carbs, but it looks like you've about got it dialed in now. You should be feeling at least better/longer pumps. 10IUs is good LBM-wise, we're prety close, and I use 10IUs with great results.

I think the higher doses of slin the other guy is referrign to are longer-acting insulin analogs. With Humalog, 10IUs PWO is good....of course you can go higher, but that dose seems to be pretty universal.

Also, you're not taking in any carbs pre workout? That's got to be affecting your workout....it'll also really affect your BG post workout, so that the typical ratios of carbs:insulin won't be sufficient, because you'll be starting out "in the hole", so to speak. You said you felt hypo symptoms at 7g/IU...normally that'd be a good dose, but having not taken in preworkout carbs, it likely won't cut it.

After you've experienced slight hypo symptoms and seen how quickly they're overcome, you realize that as long as you have a sugar source handy, things are never out of control.

Exclamation

I'd never use long action slin, because of hipo coma. you may go to bed and never get up. also slin must not be active when you are training (trainings decrease sugar lever in blood and if you also take slin sugar level may be very low)

[QUOTE=einstein1905]After you've experienced slight hypo symptoms and seen how quickly they're overcome, you realize that as long as you have a sugar source handy, things are never out of control.[/QUOTE

I'm fully agree with you that things are never out of control if you use 10 ius, but tell me please your weight before and after using slin.

seeing that I wo first thing in the am would I want to carb load a little before wo?

Quote Originally Posted by MyTyHyC
    I'd never use long action slin, because of hipo coma. you may go to bed and never get up. also slin must not be active when you are training (trainings decrease sugar lever in blood and if you also take slin sugar level may be very low)
    I just mean that in Russia, I don't expect you have access to Humalog....I'd think you were using the novo type insulins. Novorapid would be similar to Humalog, but the other novo insulins are a bit longer-acting.

I seem to always gain about 2+% of LBM with a 4-5 week Humalog cycle at 10IU/day (just post workout).

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    seeing that I wo first thing in the am would I want to carb load a little before wo?
    I would......at the very least, take in simple sugars during your workout.

to Einstein1905

I have used 20iu/day Humalog and increased my mass from 240 pounds to 260 just after cycle, but when water came out - 255, but it isnt a record:
    I know men who take 40- 60 ius(some of them even 100) and they incresed their mass from 230 pounds to 270 (their cycle duration was approximately 1,5 month) but I don't advise you to repeat their cycles

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    You started out with a LOT of carbs, but it looks like you've about got it dialed in now. You should be feeling at least better/longer pumps. 10IUs is good LBM-wise, we're prety close, and I use 10IUs with great results.

I think the higher doses of slin the other guy is referrign to are longer-acting insulin analogs. With Humalog, 10IUs PWO is good....of course you can go higher, but that dose seems to be pretty universal.

Also, you're not taking in any carbs pre workout? That's got to be affecting your workout....it'll also really affect your BG post workout, so that the typical ratios of carbs:insulin won't be sufficient, because you'll be starting out "in the hole", so to speak. You said you felt hypo symptoms at 7g/IU...normally that'd be a good dose, but having not taken in preworkout carbs, it likely won't cut it.

After you've experienced slight hypo symptoms and seen how quickly they're overcome, you realize that as long as you have a sugar source handy, things are never out of control.
    I should have mentioned that i drink(sip)a gatorade(red)during workout,gives me about 45g of simple sugar..and yes i do feel fuller.my abs(muscles)have become fuller and protrude now while resting.looks kind of good.would there be any benifit to uping the dose....i am comfortable with 10ius and feeling how it effects me within the 3-4 hrs afterwards.i have 4 more weeks of cycle/diet..then i'm gonna clean out for about 2 months and begin my winter bulk,i feel the slin can really help while bulking...right now i'm about 2600 total cals for the day.while bulking i'll get upwards of 6000....but i think it is definately helping to keep my size while dieting/cardio right now

Thread Information