spound is offline Anabolic Member

spound's first run w/ slin

Since i learned so much helpful info. about slin from abstrack's slin diary (thank you) i have decided to post another to help others out there, and to maybe get any critiques from the vets. I am coming off a test E and EQ cycle right now and i will be using slin the first two weeks then take the third week off and go back on again for the 4th and 5th weeks during PCT eventhough my PCT will go on another week after. I took some slin a few weeks ago after about 3 of my workouts at low dosages just to get used to its effects and everything went smoothly, So i started out today with 7 iu's which IMO opinion would be too much to start out with, but i used it at 2,4,and 6 iu's last time while i was experimenting.

My workout consisted of a 4 exercise chest workout along with calves and some traps and then i did 20 min of cardio ( i never do cardio, but i am planning on doing it while using slin to prevent any extra fat storage) i then drove home (about 5 minutes) and took 7 iu's of slin and pounded about 60 grams of dextrose and i was feeling a little tired ( is this a sign of hypo or too much carbs??) i then took a little more dextrose and felt about the same. I waited 10 mintues and then drank 60 grams of protein mixed in water. Everything is going smoothly so far, but i will keep everyone updated.....I plan to have about 40 grams dextrose after about an hour along with 2 grilled chicken breasts. Today my weight after my workout was 228 (drank a good bit of water) so I will update changes.

It is about an hour and a half after the shot and i started to feel a little jittery and shaky (does anyone else get this?) so i drank some more dextrose and the symptoms are subsiding i think , but i think this could be all in my head i am waiting for my chicken to be done off the grill and i will eat 3 big breasts b/c i waited a little lkong b/c they were cooking and i am feeling pretty hungry.

It's very likely just the mere anticipation of effects can cause "symptoms". It sounds like you're taking in more than enough carbs, so it shouldn't be an issue. Once you get more acclimated to using it, you'll fine tune the amounts and timing of your post injection diet, and things will run much smoother.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Keep this updated Spound, I'm thinking of running slin in my upcoming PCT also.

SuffocateX is offline Junior Member
    I did some slin yesterday for the first time after working out legs. I injected 4 IU's then went hardee's and got a 2/3 pound thickburger. God**** holy jesus ****ing bitch ass christ those things are good. Never felt any dizziness or any of the hypoglycemic side effects and plan to use slin after my chest workout today. Probaly 6 or 8 iu's haven't decided yet. Does it matter where on your body you inject the slin?

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    The fat in the burger isnt going to much for your progress unless your planning to gain fat weight

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    The fat in the burger isnt going to much for your progress unless your planning to gain fat weight
    exactly NO FAT within about 6hrs of h-log to be safe

today i trained shoulders, triceps, and hamstrings (random day) and then i went straight out to my car and took a shot of 8 iu's IM into my right tricep. I then only drank about 55 grams of dextrose to see if i could see some signs of hypo just so i could know how to recognize it (i had plenty of dextrose on hand just in case) but suprisingly I had no hypo signs and i feel normal, although it has only been like 15 minutes. I also just drank about 60g of protein and will probably have another 60 in about an hour along with about 20-30 g of dextrose. My weight was still the same.

BTW, I am also taking two multivitamins and calcium along with the shake, but i don't use creatine.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    today i trained shoulders, triceps, and hamstrings (random day) and then i went straight out to my car and took a shot of 8 iu's IM into my right tricep. I then only drank about 55 grams of dextrose to see if i could see some signs of hypo just so i could know how to recognize it (i had plenty of dextrose on hand just in case) but suprisingly I had no hypo signs and i feel normal, although it has only been like 15 minutes. I also just drank about 60g of protein and will probably have another 60 in about an hour along with about 20-30 g of dextrose. My weight was still the same.
    Right this is what you should be doing. Stay away from hardees!

bad news, today I took 9 iu's in the morning when i woke up b/c it is a non-training day and i waited about 10 min. to take any carbs to see some signs of hypo and i got nothing so i am beginning to think my insulin has gone bad b/c i did store it at the back of my closet for a few days where it is kinda warm before i transferred it to the fridge. I will have my diabetic friend try it out today to see for sure and if it has gonae bad, then i will switch out vials with him.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I will have my diabetic friend try it out today to see for sure and if it has gonae bad, then i will switch out vials with him.
    You're going to give him the bad one?

no i mean i will just trash it and he will give me a good vial, he will just test it for me since i have never used insulin before this and dont really know what to look for like he does, being a diabetic he can tell right off the bat if it is still good or not...its nice having a diabetic friend....he takes extra insulin after his workouts and it seems to work well for him too...he's 6'3" 260lbs never juiced before either

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    bad news, today I took 9 iu's in the morning when i woke up b/c it is a non-training day and i waited about 10 min. to take any carbs to see some signs of hypo and i got nothing so i am beginning to think my insulin has gone bad b/c i did store it at the back of my closet for a few days where it is kinda warm before i transferred it to the fridge. I will have my diabetic friend try it out today to see for sure and if it has gonae bad, then i will switch out vials with him.

sometimes it takes longer. I did the same thing one time and it took about 15-20 mins before I started to get headaches, tingly face sensation and some light confusion. Soon as that happened I got off my arse and downed some OJ to hold me over till breakfast.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

well my diabetic friend tested it out and all was good. His blood sugar was at 130 then it was at 100 30 min. after the injection. I went and did some cardio and abs today and then shot 6 iu's. I then tested my blood sugar 15 min. later and it was at a perfect 110. It has been almost 40 minutes now and i have only taken in my 70 grams of protein (which has 12 grams of carbs in it) and i still haven't felt any signs of hypo . I'm still waiting to see some signs so i can recognize it and i have my dextrose in my lap in case i feel them. I have lost about a pound or so, but i am coming off AAS (last shot of test/EQ was 6 days ago, i know its still in my system) and i am doing cardio which i NEVER do and i am also eating cleaner while the slin is active in my body.

ITs been about an hour and 10 min. since my injection and i am still not really feeling signs of hypo. Is this normal?? ?? I maybe feel a little tired and heavy but nothing much, could be mental.

BTW, i haven't taken in my dextrose yet...thats why I am asking. I think i am going to tak it anyways and go eat b/c i am hungry.

BTW, i haven't taken in my dextrose yet...thats why I am asking. I think i am going to tak it anyways and go eat b/c i am hungry.
    Just take your dextrose. If you want to check your BG, borrow your friend's glucometer or buy one. Depending on what your BG levels were pre and post workout, it may take quite a while to feel effects.

another thing you can do instead of holding onto dex all the time is buy some glucose tabs which are pure dex but they are flavored and will get you through till you get some more carbs
    abstrack@protonmail.com

what kind of slin are you using? humlin r or humalog ?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yea ill get some of those glucose tabs....can you get them at a pharmacy or something? I am using humalog. I thought the effects would be a little faster, but i dunno maybe it just depended on what i had eaten, who knows.

yeah, any pharmacy should carry them
    abstrack@protonmail.com

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    bro,is it possable you are diabetic...just reading your experience thus far it doesnt seem to match with others i have read on here...is it possable you are insulin resistent?? anybody have any input here...einstien??

I would have no reason to think that i am diabetic, but you are right...it does seem like my experience w/ slin does quite differ b/t the other guys who have posted w/ their experiences. I have had no bout w/ hypo yet. That was why i was wondering if mine had gone bad or something. I shot 10 iu this morning and had about 65g of dextrose and then about 60 g of protein 15 min. later. then i had 14 eggwhites and 2 english muffins about an hour and 15 min. after that. Can anyone comment on what may be going on with these experiences? could i just not really respond to slin or something??

I would have no reason to think that i am diabetic, but you are right...it does seem like my experience w/ slin does quite differ b/t the other guys who have posted w/ their experiences. I have had no bout w/ hypo yet. That was why i was wondering if mine had gone bad or something. I shot 10 iu this morning and had about 65g of dextrose and then about 60 g of protein 15 min. later. then i had 14 eggwhites and 2 english muffins about an hour and 15 min. after that. Can anyone comment on what may be going on with these experiences? could i just not really respond to slin or something??
    Although...I do get kinda tired after my injections like i just want to go to sleep or something but it only lasts for like 20 minutes and starts about 15 min. after injection. My diabetic friend says it takes about an hour or so for him to feel the effects of the insulin if his BG levels are around the 110 or above range (normal levels) Someone please comment on these experiences and let me know if i am doing something wrong maybe or anythign else might be going on. Thanks you.

You can't really conclude anything without having some idea of what your BG values are.

This morning i woke up and ate 14 eggwhites w/ a bagel and a banana. I then went and did a leg workout out and shot 11iu's afterwards (this is the most i wil shoot at once w/ a max of 16 iu's all together in one day). I then drank about 75 g of dextrtose and 70 g of protein about 10 min. later. About an hour after that i was feeling quite shaky and weak and a little nervous ( is this hypo) so i then drank another 70g of protein w/ about 30 g of dextrose and my multivitamin. The shaky feeling went about in about 5 minutes and i sipped on a sprite for a little while. I am down a little weight and feeling a looking a little leaner, but this is probably from the cardio and coming off AAS. I was actually hoping to gain a little weight so i am thinking about cutting way down on the cardio to maybe once a week b/c my metabolism is pretty fast and the test should be leaving my system soon.

shaky feeling is a sign of hypo but I dont see why you would be feeling any signs of hypo because your nutrient uptake is sufficient from what I can see.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    You're going to give him the bad one?
    OMG - I was thinkin' the same thing

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Just like anything else bro you need to monitor you bg before you start slin and during and after. Good journal keep it up

I got up this morning and shot 6 iu's and had a 40 gram dextrose shake right after, then about 70 g protein powder 15 min later and everything was good. I then had 12 eggwhites and a bagel about an hour after that. Later in the day i went and did a chest workout and then cardio right after. I am starting to put on some weight now. My weight was slightly over 229lbs. When i started the slin about 6 days ago my weight was about 226 or 227 ( i know i said 228, but that was after drinkinng quite a bit of water from my workout) so im up 2-3 pounds which is nice b/c i have started doing cardio about 4 times a week (i never do cardio and usually drop weight FAST when i do) and i have started to restrict my calories and carbs slowly with intentions of leaning out a little bit. Not to mention it has been been about 11 days since the last injection of my cycle. After my chest workout I went into the locker room and flexed a little bit and i tell you what, my chest was looking fuller than it ever has before. I really feel like i am putting on some mass here, I just hope im not storing any fat really.
    After my workout i injected 10 iu's and then drank about 60 grams of dextrose w/ 50 grams of protein and 2 fillets of lean fish about 15 min. later. I got in the shower and got dressed and started feeling my strongest signs of hypo yet about 30-40 min. later. I was shaking pretty hard and it was kind of hard to control, although i still could control it. I even had some slight confusion, so i hurried up and drank lots of dextrose (not sure how much) just to be safe and the feelings soon subsided. So i think i have found my needs to be about 7 or so grams of carbs/iu which i will keep at from now on.
    So far i am pleased with the results and the insulin has given me the confidence to diet and cut up a little bit even when coming off cycle without me having to worry about losing much, if any mass. I plan on restricting my diet some more by lowering my carbs to only my having a carb source in my a.m. meals (about 2 meals), and PWO meal (of course i will have proper carbs after slin injections as well).I will keep you guys filled in on my progress, I just hope i can stay disciplined enough to stay on this diet b/c i really want to cut up, although i have no experience with cutting since i have always bulked so i don't know how well i will do, but i always feel like i am gettin small when i do, hopefully the slin will allow me to stick with it now.

Do you guys think i should lower my dosage with this being my fist time using? I was thiinking about starting to only take it once a day (PWO or A.M. on non-workout days) to keep from gaining much fat eventhough i am pretty good w/ eating lean during insulin activity. The reason i have even gone this high is b/c i haven't really been feeling any excess pumps or anything.ANd have any of you guys ever heard of hydroxy citric acid? I hear that it keeps the body from being able to store extra carbs as fat.

berniec is offline Junior Member
    ANd have any of you guys ever heard of hydroxy citric acid? I hear that it keeps the body from being able to store extra carbs as fat.
    I know many (myself included) have used R-ALA for that purpose, but i've never used it in conjunction with slin and i'm not sure what the resluts would be of ir there is any danger involoved. The theory behind it is that it shuttes EXCESS carbs out of your blood stream before they can be stored as fats, however the only thing that worries me (and has to date kept me fron running it with slin) is that we know those carbs will be shuttled into the muscles and not remain in the system for long at all, however if the R-ALA starts removing carbs from the blood before the slin has transported it to the muscle stores then a.)it would seem the whole purpose of using slin in the first place would have been defeated, and b.)I worrk that it may remove enough carbs depending on your carb intake that day to make a person start to go hypo.

anybody more knowledgeable in the science behind this have any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by berniec
    I know many (myself included) have used R-ALA for that purpose, but i've never used it in conjunction with slin and i'm not sure what the resluts would be of ir there is any danger involoved. The theory behind it is that it shuttes EXCESS carbs out of your blood stream before they can be stored as fats, however the only thing that worries me (and has to date kept me fron running it with slin) is that we know those carbs will be shuttled into the muscles and not remain in the system for long at all, however if the R-ALA starts removing carbs from the blood before the slin has transported it to the muscle stores then a.)it would seem the whole purpose of using slin in the first place would have been defeated, and b.)I worrk that it may remove enough carbs depending on your carb intake that day to make a person start to go hypo.

anybody more knowledgeable in the science behind this have any thoughts??
    Einstein ran ala with slin in post. go check out his thread and graphs he put up
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information