zaarel is offline Junior Member

Depot dosing question

First let me say this is the most imformative board I have seen on GH and R3IGF-1. Awesome!!I have been reading up on the depot tyep HGH and was under the impression the 22.5 mg vial was plenty for a month (do understand some use every two weeks instead). That all makes sense to me on what I have read. But I encountered this article which I believe was cut and pasted from the Nutropin site that says 1.5 mg per kg of bodyweight? That would be way more than one or two vials of the 22.5 per month. What am I missing here? lol have racked my brain all nite on this. I am a newbie here and new to this stuff for sure so any help is truly appreciated. Below is an exerpt of the article I was reading.

"DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
    The Nutropin Depot®3; [somatropin (rDNA origin) for injectable suspension] dosage and administration schedule should be individualized for each patient. Response to GH therapy in pediatric patients tends to decrease over time. However in pediatric patients, failure to increase growth rate, particularly during the first year of therapy, suggests the need for close assessment of compliance and evaluation of other causes of growth failure, such as hypothyroidism, undernutrition, and advanced bone age.

Once-Monthly Injection—It is recommended that an SC injection at a dosage of 1.5 mg/kg body weight be administered on the same day of each month. Dosages above the recommended once-monthly regimen have not been studied in clinical trials. Note: subjects over 15 kg will require more than one injection per dose.

Twice-Monthly Injections—It is recommended that an SC injection at a dosage of 0.75 mg/kg body weight be administered twice each month on the same days of each month (e.g., Days 1 and 15 of each month). Dosages above the recommended twice-monthly regimen have not been studied in clinical trials. Note: subjects over 30 kg will require more than one injection per dose.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dayum that's a lot of hgh depot, it'll be a thing of the past here soon. They have announced that they will stop production

JohnnyB

scrappydog is offline New Member
    one 22.5mg or even 18mg kit is enough for 28 days IMHO.
    The dosing genentech recommends is what is needed for kids with dwarfism
    and NuD is in fact being discontinued

I've heard a few Bros say that the 22.5mg kit give them to many side effects

JohnnyB

zaarel is offline Junior Member

sides

Any insight on why the sides? I was under the impression the 22.5 released about 2.5 IU a day. That would be a pretty mild daily dose wouldnt it?

I am still baffled by the quantity they recommend although it probably is for those with dwarfism. Still seems that is an awful high dose or the one most take for bb is low.

Although they are discontinuing the Nutropin depot there are several similar products out there I believe?

Any insight appreciated and thanks for the answers guys. I was really leaning towards this as opposed to the standard stuff due to ease of use.

They say it's because they are over dosed, there's only 1 product like it that i know of and it's from a UG lab

JohnnyB

Thread Information