JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

HGH and cortisol

How does HGH help with cortisol? It take time(hours) for it to convert to IGF-1, which is what would stop cortisol, right? Help me out here, I haven't had much time here lately so I can't research it right now.

Thanks
    JohnnyB

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    If you´re under great stress,your body excretes hgh and cortisol which both lead to lipolysis and cortisol in a small part to proteolysis,especially in limbsand not exercised muscles.

This is to maintain stable BG for this situation under every cicrumstances.
    Cortisol also accelerates the carbohydratmetabolism which means you´ll have a faster gluceogenesis form the liverglycogen as well as a faster carbo-charge of your muscle cells,wich again leads more power and faster recovery.
    Gh as well shuttling nutritions into cells and to a part with anticatabolic effects complements the cortisol.

Afterwards the IGF-1 is responsible for the anabolic effects ,upgraded receptor sensitivity to slin,etc. .

Cortisol is not that much the enemy to bodybuilding as one might think.

I think you shouldn´t bother with Cortisol as long as you´re not taking cort-pills at high doses over a long time.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I guess I should reword my question, how does rHGH stop cortisol and how long does it take to do it?

JohnnyB

HGH won´t stop cortisol,b/c they have a synergism that´s wanted if you´re in need of power and endurance.

The only partially counterascting agent to the effects of gluconeogenesis and to the HSL(hormone senistive lipase) is slin,thus restoring the liver glycogen and allowing the HSL to stop breaking down fatty acids from the adipocytes and forcing together with gh and I think partially with the cortisol-induced higher BG the nutritions into muscle tissues and adipocytes.
    Cortisol may also help to regenerate and restore because it has anti-inflammatory effects and breaks down damaged tissue.
    This is a vast overview of what if been snatching up,maybe einstein can correct this or specificate it.

Regards,

NB

I think in a regard to this aspects,as soon as IGF-1 is in your system the anabolic part gets out of hand of the catabolic aspects.

Thread Information