johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Shipping HGH in summer heat...

Hey bros,

I was wondering if receiving HGH in the heat of summer could damage it? It can get over 110 here in AZ June-Aug.

Anybody know? Thanks!

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    must be shipped with ice/cold packs only

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    I recieved mine in the hottest spring we´ve ever had here and it works.
    I don´t know if it would have worked better,if it wouldn´t had gotten that hot,but I works.

Hope to get another kit,this time ordering when temps are about 15-25°C.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    BUMP I would like to know the answer to this also.

If the vials contained lyophilized GH and are still under vacuum (and are moisture free), there really isn't a concern. Degradation from heat isn't going to occur in the absence of moisture.

THAT is what I was wondering. I've heard so many conflicting things about it -that the unreconstituted is stored refrigerated in pharmacies (which I don't think is true) and that it's stored in uncooled warehouses in China.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    THAT is what I was wondering. I've heard so many conflicting things about it -that the unreconstituted is stored refrigerated in pharmacies (which I don't think is true) and that it's stored in uncooled warehouses in China.

Thanks.

Just to clarify though, I keep mine refridgerated.....why not? I just wanted to stress that the idea that heat prior to reconstitution being bad isn't really valid......as long as there is no moisture in the vials, which should be the case anyway.

Tank010101 is offline New Member
    well that clears things up... hell lll keep mine refrigurated too... as Einstein said... "why not?"

hey einstein, you got a PM over at BDBB, thanks bro

if its not mixed lyp powder it does not really require the fridge. However, if its reconstituted,then yes it Has to be, & shipped with ice packs. But I agree with 1905 "why not"

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    In addition to being refrigerated I know GH is very fragile and you shouldn't shake it up or anything but what about handling the kits while being shipped. I've been wondering if the package is not handled with care, can the powder be damaged from being banged around buy the shipper while in transit?

Corn Bread is offline New Member
    Im under the impression that in its lyophilized form its not susceptible to damage by bumps, and shakes during shipping. I think its only fragile when the peptide contacts moisture, not only in regards to heat like Ein said, but in regards to physical durability. I mean think about it, WHY would most all of the good pharma companies sell there GH in lyophilized form? Because its effective and works!!!!!!!!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Yah it is my understanding.....

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    If the vials contained lyophilized GH and are still under vacuum (and are moisture free), there really isn't a concern. Degradation from heat isn't going to occur in the absence of moisture.
    That as long as the powder does not reach direct sunlight it is good to go as per Genlei (up to 40 degrees celcius)...Peace

wow! Realize that 40 c is equivalant to only 104F. A hot summer day in the dessert in you car is more. hopefull you do not drive around with it.. lol

Bal
    Bal is offline New Member
    hopefully if you're driving around in the desert in 104 degree weather, your air conditioner works well!

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    That as long as the powder does not reach direct sunlight it is good to go as per Genlei (up to 40 degrees celcius)...Peace
    Well, here's what my instruction brochure says with the Jintropin I've got...

"The powder for injection is assigned a shelf life of 24 months when stored cold at +2 - +8 degrees C. Storage for seven days can take place in room temperature."

There's no mention of any other temps or storage except to say it lasts two weeks after being mixed if at +2 - +8 C.

I'm imagining it sitting over a weekend in some UPS truck in some lot somewhere frying in the 110 degree heat.

You guys SURE that's not gonna kill it?

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    />

BLT

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

E-mail the manufacturer!!!

"The powder for injection is assigned a shelf life of 24 months when stored cold at +2 - +8 degrees C. Storage for seven days can take place in room temperature."

There's no mention of any other temps or storage except to say it lasts two weeks after being mixed if at +2 - +8 C.

I'm imagining it sitting over a weekend in some UPS truck in some lot somewhere frying in the 110 degree heat.

If it is genlei he will let you know. I cannot find the e-mail. But he did say 40 C as long as there was no direct sunlight it would be ok. Let us know as I will have the same issues in a couple of months when I go to reorder. thanks

I'm sure.

In the absence of water, there is no degradation going on, unless it's at ridiculous temps. there is no perfect analogy here, but consider a leaf.....a leaf just cut from a branch in the presence of heat will quickly decompose (and not just because it's devoid of nutients). In fact, you can refridgerate or freeze the leaf and preserve it for a long time. A leaf that has fallen and dried up can be exposed to heat for a long long time with no sign of decomposition....as long as it's absent from moisture. Add moisture to the equation and the leaf will decompose rapidly.

This is a piss-poor way to explain it, but I can't think of any better way. Without moisture, there is not going to be degradation until extreme temps are reached.

Yo comprendo. Gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by Bal
    hopefully if you're driving around in the desert in 104 degree weather, your air conditioner works well!
    Crazy thing is those UPS guys don't seem to HAVE A/C! I guess that explains the shorts.

mgpa is offline New Member

loaded pens being shipped overnight

I might have a one time line on some somatropin in pre-loaded pens. Am told that so long as light exposure is completely prevented in shipping, one overnight out of refrigeration will not hurt it. Would love to hear what others think. Thanks!

Thread Information