rawhide is offline Junior Member

Einstein I need your take on this!

I was diggin' around at Pubmed and I found this article. I am not completely science inclined, but it looks like the study says that it is good for prostate cancer and it upregulates androgen receptors. Einstein, I need to know if I'm full of crapp and I can't read a scientific study or if this study has some merit. Any comments would be cool bro...adios...rawhide

link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=15196705

The study showed that GH receptors are upregulated in cancerous prostate-derived cells, but that they found no direct link showing upregulated GH receptor levels causing increased cell proliferation (indicative of cancer progression). However, they did find that the increase in GH receptors (and subsequent GH binding) caused an upregulation of androgen receptors, and even though their study didn't show it, Highly androgenic compounds (DHT) binding to prostatic ARs have been suggested as being a significant cause or exacerbator of prostate cancer progression.

HCgrip is offline New Member
    So what do you recommend for prostrate health for someone who cycles AAS and GH??

Saw palmetto? Pygeum??

HC

I don't use anything as far as anti DHTs. it's still not clear that there is a direct link, and the effects of DHT and DHT-like compounds on muscle hardness are something I want to keep.

blackh2 is offline Associate Member
    einstein1905 for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u got my vote

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Not saying that Saw Palmetto is a complete waste, but against a pharmaceutical drug like steroids , it doesn't stand a chance. However like Einstein said, there is no proof that steroids cause Prostate Cancer.

flexshack is offline Member
    bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.

flexshack is offline Member
    bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Thread Information