Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member

HGH for a teenager???

Ok I have a brother that is 19y/o and he is 5'11 and weighs 118lbs. He can not gain weight for anything. He has all the normal tests to make sure everything is ok. Doctors say he is fine!!!! I use to be a manager of a gym and I use to train people on a regular , and had good success. I had him workout with me a while and got him up to 126lbs, but he didnt stay with it.

Now this isnt even my idea my Dads bother and sister took growth hormone when they were kids. My dad is thinking about trying to get him some growth hormone treatment so he can go to college being a little bigger. I think when a clinic prescribes HGH they prescibe a 2iu daily maintance dose. Is this even anything that would work. Im sure it will do a little but for the price $10,000 a year I dont think it will be worth it. I also told him I can get it cheaper than that but he wont go for any thing like that. Also keep in mind that they would not alter the prescibed dose what so ever!!!

I wish Pops would buy me 700ius of american made HGH!!!!!!!lol

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Adding growth hormone at this stage in his life is not gonna help him.

flexshack is offline Member
    bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.

We are not trying to make him taller. Just put some weight on. He really looks like a little kid. And hes really a cool guy. I dont want to be having to go beat people up at his dorm room for messing with him. Im not even mentioning putting him on steroids . Im sure he has enough testosterorone to do what ever he needs. Hes just too **** skinny and we have tryed everything.

Tank010101 is offline New Member

Thumbs up

here is your key problem

"I had him workout with me a while and got him up to 126lbs, but he didnt stay with it."

Giving him drugs when he cant stick with a normal program without all the little helpers isnt going to end well... So I would tell your family not to waste their money on GH therapy.

See you guys are pretty much telling me what I was allready thinking. But I think his lack of intrest in working out was due to him not seeing results.

I dont know I think it would be a waste of money. I could put 700ius to better use than he could.

Lack of interest for one.

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you (yet), but i'm just curious as to what your reasoning behind this is?
    #2...he would have to be on it for a long period to see anything without a proper diet and workout regimen. Now if you add slin to the equation then that could be a little different. But I would never suggest or approve of slin use at that age. Peace

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dayum 118 at 5'11" you have a walking skeleton, the only cure for that is food and lots of it. Don't waste the money on HGH/LR3/AAS it'll go to waste. He won't eat and if won't do that then he'll never gain weight. This stuff isn't magic weight gain you just inject and bam you gain weight. If he don't care why should you, it's his body and he's going to do with it what he wants. He may say he wants to gain weight but he really doesn't or he'd eat food no questions asked or bitching on now he can't eat.

I'll tell you what supraises me is I thought the bones and inter organs of someone that tall weighed more then that. What does he eat about a 1000 caloires a day or less, sounds like he has an eating disorder to me.

Tell him to gain 50lbs before even thinking about gear and it doesn't matter if it's all fat just gain some weight please.

JohnnyB

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    perhaps he has a eating disorder??

This kid doesnt have a eating disorder.Hes eats alot but I know its not enough. He just looks really thin. You can see his ribs through his pecs. I could probally put my fingers around his arm above his elbow and touch my fingers together. He doesnt do drugs and dont even drink that much.

He isnt gonna do gear. I know he cant get any either. There isnt anyone to get it from around here. I dont think he would even do it. I was wondering if he would be able to handle doing daily HGH injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I was wondering if he would be able to handle doing daily HGH injections.
    Why?

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Hes eats alot but I know its not enough. He just looks really thin.
    Bro I'm not trying to bust your balls here but how can he eat alot but not enough?

Do you mean he eats alot for a 100 lber but not enough for a 125 lber. You see what I mean, someone at 118 and 5'-11" has an eating disorder, if he ate normal he'd be 150 at least or close to.

Bro when you ask a question we answer by what we read and what I'm reading isn't about someone with normal eating habits. If you can see ribs where his pecs are, he doesn't even eat enough to devolope muscle tissue, which isn't normal. At his age he should be developing muscle in that area and others. When I try to put my index finger and thumb around my wrist there's a 2 inch gap between them. So if you can put your around the upper part of his arm that's not normal.

JohnnyB

The reason I was wondering if he could handle injecting himself is he really acts like a wuss. To a really bad extent!!!!

I understand what your saying. And I know this is weird, thats why Im asking for a little advise here.

He has had his thyroid checked, and he has had tests to see if he was Hyperglycemic and even tested for tapeworms I think????? He has had numberous tests done. I really think he something wrong with him. I couldnt tell you all the tests he has had done. He really has a high metabolism.

I had him workout out with me for about 4-5 months, I had him do low sets low reps and basic movements. It was really like a stripped down power lifting routine. He drank weight gainers, took creatine, and protein drinks!! I made him eat like crazy. I made sure my parents stayed on his azz. And he only gained a few pounds the whole time. His strength went up quite a bit. But as he worked out he looked more and more ripped out. I dont really know what I could do for him because he just didnt see results, but it was hard to push him through a workout or a big meal!!!

Me and my dad are both naturally big people.

GH isn't the answer....not at all. he'd be very disappointed with what little gain in mass he'd get with even decent doses of GH. GH for mass becomes a factor when AAS become involved. GH without AAS is nothing more than a feel-good, keep you lean thing.

As complex as our bodies are, they are still very simple. if calories ingested is greater than calories expended, you gain weight.
    Your friend may have tested "normal" for all tests, but he could still be on the very high end of T3 levels and the very low end of test and IGF-1, which probably weren't tested.

rather than a typical BBer eating pattern, you may want to try 4 large meals throughout the day, as opposed to smaller, more frequent meals....just as an attempt to pack on some weight to show him it's possible.

No matter what though, when the day is over, he's not eating enough. As long as he provides his body with a caloric surplus, he will gain weight. The macro makeup of his diet and his training will determine the type of weight gained.

Ambulance is offline Member
    Put him on the See-food diet.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance
    Put him on the See-food diet.
    Got that right. I am a hard gainer.My metabolism makes fricking squirrils look like they are on downers. I am 6'1" and went from 155 lbs to 210 by working out, yeah, but mostly by EATING. At first I was burping frikcing protein shakes at night...

118 is actually a dangerous weight. I would seriously recommend pizza and protein shakes... not kidding.

He needs to train himself to eat every two hours. I was hard at first, but now I am actually hungry that often. Working out will help his appetite.

Spend the money on food he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    As complex as our bodies are, they are still very simple. if calories ingested is greater than calories expended, you gain weight.
    It's that simple

JohnnyB

FuKiN MoNSTeR is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Dayum 118 at 5'11" you have a walking skeleton, the only cure for that is food and lots of it.

JohnnyB
    is your brother mary kate olson?

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FuKiN MoNSTeR
    is your brother mary kate olson?

thats actually a funny one

Here's what I do to gain massive weight, on a bulking cycle......
    1) 2 peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and a big glass of milk everynight before bed...
    2) 1 big bowl of cereal (when I wake up to piss, in the middle of the night...)
    3) always, always, always, always eat...including some extra bulk calories..(shake etc...)
    4) Ice Cream with a Snickers bar as the spoon, right after a workout, with some Juice in the leg, or arm...

These 4 scientific and proven weight trends (bullcrap), will give you that added weight you need, when bulking up! (this would even double "Mary Kate Olson's" weight in 3 months!) LOL

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Size_Always_Matters; 06-29-2004 at 11:23 AM. Reason: forgot something

Roadisafunnyword is offline Junior Member
    I think its a thyroid problem, just my guess.

Otherwise just get him to burgerking 3 times a day. I supersize double QP with cheese meal is like 1500 calories. 3 of those a day with regular soda and then take 2 weight gainer shakes that are about 900-1000m calories each. If he aint growing off just under 7000 calories, He aint growing period man.

No cardio
    lift heavy
    as well

GH is not the answer, I suggest vit B12 tho

And if he is going to use drugs make it dbol /test but i HIGHLY suggest u dont use them or have him use them or w/e. im confused. peace.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Growth hormone isn't used to cause a person to gain weight. It's used for lateral growth medically. He will not see any difference in his weight, if there is one, it will be a reduction. One of the reasons that he's so thin now is probably because of his naturally producing high amounts of GH.

GH in a teenager isn't a good idea like BigDog said, because his growth plates may not be fused yet and it could actually stunt his growth. His organs are also more sensative to GH and can cause dispraportion in the internal organ sizes. It can also mess with his basil production of hypothalimal GH production.

I do agree with everyone else in the idea that he's probably just not eating enough, but just eating alone will only put fat on his body and that's worse than just being thin. I'm sure he's healthier than most of us as he is now.

Like Einstein basically said, you need to first get his diet in order. Eating a lot of small meals all day (grazing) causes your metabolism to rise and you tend to lose weight. Get him on 4-5 large meals per day and only let him drink Gatorade or something else with carbs, but not simple sugers.

Even though he seems to eat a lot, go to the pharmacy and ask what they have to increase the apetite. There are several products on the market and most pharmacies carry at least two or three of them. They taste like crap, but they work.

Get him back into the gym doing anerobic excercise and keep him far away from aerobic excercise and sports. Basketball is a killer to a thin person trying to gain weight. While you're at the pharmacy, ask them if the carry Juven. It's a pharmacutical grade suppliment designed to prevent muscle wasting and it builds muscle pretty well even if a person isn't working out. While you're at it, you can also ask if they sell Nepro. Nepro is another pharmacutical grade suppliment. It's a meal replacement designed for people with renal dysfunction, but it works very well in healthy people also. It's a very small can but it has almost 500 cals (very clean cals.) It has protein, aminos, minerals, vitamins. It's designed that a person can live off of the stuff if they had to. Only problem is that it costs about $4 per can. But if he eats and drinks 4 cans per day, he'll stack on weight like nothing. The Juven will help some of the weight go to muscle even if he isn't working out just right.

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    Despite what you say, i don't believe that your bro is eating enough! He needs to have at least 5,000 or 6,000 cals. a day! Anyone with a normal metabolism will gain weight from that! You should seriously go see a dietian before even thinking about hormones. And obviously this doesn't really seem to bother your brother either! I use to be a walking stick, but back in high school i made a life change and have been dedicated to getting F***ING HUGE since. Just eat, eat, eat, and eat some more!

Great analysis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Growth hormone isn't used to cause a person to gain weight. It's used for lateral growth medically. He will not see any difference in his weight, if there is one, it will be a reduction. One of the reasons that he's so thin now is probably because of his naturally producing high amounts of GH.

GH in a teenager isn't a good idea like BigDog said, because his growth plates may not be fused yet and it could actually stunt his growth. His organs are also more sensative to GH and can cause dispraportion in the internal organ sizes. It can also mess with his basil production of hypothalimal GH production.

I do agree with everyone else in the idea that he's probably just not eating enough, but just eating alone will only put fat on his body and that's worse than just being thin. I'm sure he's healthier than most of us as he is now.

Like Einstein basically said, you need to first get his diet in order. Eating a lot of small meals all day (grazing) causes your metabolism to rise and you tend to lose weight. Get him on 4-5 large meals per day and only let him drink Gatorade or something else with carbs, but not simple sugers.

Even though he seems to eat a lot, go to the pharmacy and ask what they have to increase the apetite. There are several products on the market and most pharmacies carry at least two or three of them. They taste like crap, but they work.

Get him back into the gym doing anerobic excercise and keep him far away from aerobic excercise and sports. Basketball is a killer to a thin person trying to gain weight. While you're at the pharmacy, ask them if the carry Juven. It's a pharmacutical grade suppliment designed to prevent muscle wasting and it builds muscle pretty well even if a person isn't working out. While you're at it, you can also ask if they sell Nepro. Nepro is another pharmacutical grade suppliment. It's a meal replacement designed for people with renal dysfunction, but it works very well in healthy people also. It's a very small can but it has almost 500 cals (very clean cals.) It has protein, aminos, minerals, vitamins. It's designed that a person can live off of the stuff if they had to. Only problem is that it costs about $4 per can. But if he eats and drinks 4 cans per day, he'll stack on weight like nothing. The Juven will help some of the weight go to muscle even if he isn't working out just right.

IMO...like Bdtr I think once said...When I was his age the only way I could gain weight was the good ole Weider weight gain with other stuff added...2 large scoops of peanut butter and 2 scoops of ice cream in the morning and at bedtime. Not only did I gain weight but I put on muscle with only a little bit of fat because my metabolism was so fast.

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    imo hgh will only increase cancer cells, and who wants that?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    IMO...like Bdtr I think once said...When I was his age the only way I could gain weight was the good ole Weider weight gain with other stuff added...2 large scoops of peanut butter and 2 scoops of ice cream in the morning and at bedtime. Not only did I gain weight but I put on muscle with only a little bit of fat because my metabolism was so fast. ]

I came up in the days of Weider also. All of his weight gain products were all empty cals. I did the same thing with the iced cream, but now that we have meal replacements like the Nepro I suggestd, it's a lot better than all of those empty cals from a few decades ago. You also have to realize that a lot of people didn't actually gain weight with those weight gainers, that's why they had to come out with special line products for "hard gainers". The whole idea of hard gainers came from the large group of people that had a hard time putting on weight with empty cals. Weider still makes the stuff I'm pretty sure, but I've never suggested anyone use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    imo hgh will only increase cancer cells, and who wants that?!?!?!
    Only in people that already have cancer cells. You're going to make people think that GH gives you cancer.

Yeah I hear what you are saying!!!

I came up in the days of Weider also. All of his weight gain products were all empty cals. I did the same thing with the iced cream, but now that we have meal replacements like the Nepro I suggestd, it's a lot better than all of those empty cals from a few decades ago. You also have to realize that a lot of people didn't actually gain weight with those weight gainers, that's why they had to come out with special line products for "hard gainers". The whole idea of hard gainers came from the large group of people that had a hard time putting on weight with empty cals. Weider still makes the stuff I'm pretty sure, but I've never suggested anyone use it.
    However, at his age this is probably not affordable...so that is why I suggested it...

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    However, at his age this is probably not affordable...so that is why I suggested it...

If his parents are willing to pay for GH, I'm sure they'd be willing to pay $160 per month for Juven and $16 per day for Nepro aposed to paying over a grand per month for GH.

Paingain is offline Banned
    This Juven and Nepro that you guys speak of, is this stuff prescription only?? Or can I walk into the pharmacy and get it? I'm 215lbs at 8.5% and I just cant seem to gain any more weight, and my guy is a rip off so I'm clean for awhile!!!!!

GH in a teenager isn't a good idea like BigDog said, because his growth plates may not be fused yet and it could actually stunt his growth. His organs are also more sensative to GH and can cause dispraportion in the internal organ sizes. It can also mess with his basil production of hypothalimal GH production
    I agree with your advice in the post!!
    but either I don't get your point here or you have been seriously misinformed on the mechanism of HGH...

Good news for your brother:
    Ergogenetics teaches us a simple rule!
    People who have genetical makeup leaning to thin will have a ratio leaning towards muscle when they gain weight
    (example 90/10 muscle to fat ratio per gained Kilogram!)
    People who have genetical makeup leaning to fat will have a ratio leaning towards fat or divided when they gain weight
    (so e.g. 50/50 or 20/80 fat to muscle ratio --> Why it is so important for them to keep a "clean diet" and a High protein intake!!).

In other words your "Lightweight brother"'s metabolism is extremely forgiveful
    (Actually Testosterones fatburning ability lies in the fact that it also is forgiveful to your nutrientsratio --> Meaning Hamburgers can be used as protein without gaining to much fat, but their are other factors involved as well, still people like on their "first usually uneducated about diet cycle" will eat everything in sight ranging from Pizza's to Icecream to Hamburgers and Fries and with the proper Anti-estrogens gain not more than 1-3% Bodyfat or even shred a little while still packing a lot of muscle on them!).

So like said your brother has to eat everything in sight!!
    KFC, Pizza Hut and the likes are "easy sources" of Ultra High Calories!!
    (Although he has to be careful with the Excessive sodium in Fast Food if there are certain heridatary diseases in your family like High BP).
    Also Give him at least 200 grams of Protein a day in the form of shakes (Either Milkprotein or Caseinate, and let him take about 50 grams before bed).
    And offcourse Teach him lifting and give him a Super-PWO-Shake...!
    (100 gram Carbos and 50 grams Whey and 10 grams Creatine).
    Also fast carbos are ideal (White bread, Potatoes, Candy, Pasta) for gaining weight!!

Have his Net. Test Levels and T-metabolites checked seeing 118 lbs is more of a "girly weight".

Remember being overweight is far less dangerous than being underweight!
    (To reasonable bodyweights offcourse).

Goodluck,

Kingofmasters

So before you do anything rash as to "juice him up!":

Remember that Growth Factors and Anabolics
    (not androgens like DHT-compounds)
    are very dangerous when not enough Protein is supplied!!
    (They will synthesize Proteins NO MATTER WHAT!!,
    First Target Immune system and next target as proteinsource: the Hart!!)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    I agree with your advice in the post!!
    but either I don't get your point here or you have been seriously misinformed on the mechanism of HGH...
    Kingofmasters

Which part do you not understand about my point, or what do you think I don't understand about GH?

rossk is offline New Member
    Tell him to eat a meal every two hours; consistently everyday until he's older, and when his metabolism slows he will gain even more weight.

kitchenSinkChemist is offline New Member
    Perhaps he has a treatable medical condition like a gastrointestinal infection or endocrine disorder. HGH is not very good for bulking and probably a waste of money.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Isn't HGH used in kids BEFORE the growth plates are closed to increase height?

Quote Originally Posted by rossk
    Tell him to eat a meal every two hours; consistently everyday until he's older, and when his metabolism slows he will gain even more weight.

Eating that way speeds up your metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Isn't HGH used in kids BEFORE the growth plates are closed to increase height?

Yes it is. It's what we call lateral growth.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    ice cream / pizza / PBJ sandwhiches and gallons of milk - Eat for the love of God !!!!

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I read where the growth pulse during a spurt is something like 7IU a day on non-consecutive days or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information