BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member

Question for the GH experts...

To anyone that might know (or might be a medical student.. ?) I've heard many different rumors, opinions and stories on this and just wondering if anyone on here has any (somewhat) legit info. How does HGH interact with diabetes ? or more specifically diabetics (which I am, btw.) for the last few years I've read stories that GH disrupts the efficacy of insulin , where it basically just becomes useless. Does anyone have any info on this? any other diabetics here that have tried growth or read more about this ?

btw. I've noticed a slight insulin resistance when I start a cycle (meaning I have to up the dosage of insulin a slight bit until my body adjusts to the AAS, this usually lasts a few days)

thanks.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dunno, I'm sure Ein has something

JohnnyB

You didn't specify, but I'll assume type I diabetic. AAS will cause a slight increase in insulin resistance (most won't see measurable differences though....I never have). GH has been said to cause increased insulin resistance over the long term. It also cause acute spikes in insulin resistance, followed by an increase in insulin sensitivity (kind of.....IGF-1 will act in an insulinesque manner, and your BG will drop slightly within a couple hours after injection of GH).
    Are you using both slow acting and fast acting insulins? Have you noticed (if you've used it) Humalog requiring a lower dose than other short-acting insulins? I measure (and have measured) my BG for a long time (using GH and insulin) and haven't seen any significant change in my BG levels at set time points throughout the day since starting GH until now. Mallet is another that measures BG and hasn't seen a change in BG levels (long-term). The acute spikes of insulin resistance are inevitable but are very short-lived.
    If you're type I, you're using insulin anyway, and a slight adjustment in dose is all the problems you may face. If you're type II, you'd obviously be much more worried about any potential for insulin resistance.

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    Einstein, thanks for the prompt reply
    I use both Humalog and Novolin/Toronto NPH (long acting) I measure once or twice a day, I've noticed only that I had to temporarily (2-3 days) up the dosage of my Humalog when I go on a cycle. I haven't tried growth yet (for the reason I posted the question) I wanted to research as much as I could regarding growth and diabetes. From the sounds of it, I will be ok doing a small dosage of growth (2-3 IU's a day) I'll keep you guys posted on my progress and anything abstract that may develop.

Thread Information