Typically a Lab Rat, but Have Insulin Questions

I typically reside in the laboratory section of AR, but figured I'd drop by this section of the woods and gleen some knowledge on the way!

I plan on introducing insulin into my upcoming bulking cycle. I figured I'd start with the Humulin R, as it's still fast acting, but gives me more room for error as an 'insulin' newb.

I read Einstein's thread on using insulin IM and plan on doing it IM as well to shorten the active life a bit. I've also purchased a BG monitor and will be closely monitoring my BG for the first week or so as I ramp up my insulin dose to the appropriate level.

I'll be taking in 7-10 grams of carbs roughly 15 minutes after my shot as well as roughly 60 grams of protein. Roughly 80-100 minutes after the injection I will eat another meal with chicken and rice as well as a light meal replacement drink (w/carbs and protein, very little fat). At the 4 hour mark I will down another meal, this time with a more balanced macronutrient profile.

Now my questions:
    1) How long will the insulin last if kept in the refrigerator? I've purchased the 10 ml vial and that equates to 1000 ius (correct?), which at a typical dose of 10 ius would mean 100 injections worth. I will only be using the slin on workout days, obviously, and will be cycling on and off, so this vial should last me well beyond the typical '28' days I've seen posted all over the web.

2) When I workout I will always take a jug of water with me that I've mixed some 'meal replacement' powder in (specifically CytoGainer, by CytoSport). This powder consists primarily of carbohydrates and protein, very little fat. Would it be beneficial for me to split my slin dose up some and take a portion of it pre-workout and then take the remainder of my slin postworkout with the shake I take then?

That's all I can come up with at the moment. You guys have quite a collection of good info around these parts, hope to get to know the place better!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I hope you have the quik acting slin. 1000IU (10ml vial) will last you ages. There is a lot of cycles you can get out of it depending on your dosages. The Insulin will last you till the end of expiry date I suppose, and yes its better kep in the fridge. Defenitely longer then 28 days. It sounds like you have the Humalog slin, am i right?

Take your slin right after workout with the appropriate amount of carbs, you could add some lglutamine, dextrose and creatine as well for additional benefits. You carb intake should be 10g per 1 IU, and you could take 5g - 10g of creatine, l-glutamine and dextrose. You take all this immidietly after your shot. Its beneficial to have your protein shake about 15 min after your shot, about 75g.

He has Humalin R, from what I make of it. Going IM with Humalin R will speed up its onset and peak too, but it won't be nearly to the same extent that Humalog is sped up, since most of Humalog's lag is due to absorption/dispersion from a subQ shot, whereas the longer acting insulin 's delayed activity is not merely due to slower absorption/dispersion from a subQ injection site.

Don't try to take insulin preworkout, as there is no good way to predeict your carb expenditure during a workout, and this can be very dangerous.

Insulin will last long after the 30 days recommended turnover time of the manufacturer.....months, if kept refridgerated.

Thank you very much gentlemen, greatly appreciated!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No worries

EcOcAt is offline New Member
    the insulin can perfectly be conserved of indefinite form until its date of lapsing whenever it stays in the refrigerator, as possible signs of the deterioration of this we will observe white or similar grumos. that is to say, its color is lost is transparent

what it is not really if serious better humalog than humulin R you think on this

a greeting!

Thread Information