cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member

slin on non w.o days

I read somewhere that slin can be utilized on non w.o days, to help with cataabolism. Is this true? Do you treat it the same way as you would on wo days, 10iu first thing in am then carbs/pro and por meal? Does this truly help with catabolism, because I also read somewhere that it primarily shuttles nutrients to the muscle that were worked, so is it practical to use it on off days?

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I read somewhere that slin can be utilized on non w.o days, to help with cataabolism. Is this true? Do you treat it the same way as you would on wo days, 10iu first thing in am then carbs/pro and por meal? Does this truly help with catabolism, because I also read somewhere that it primarily shuttles nutrients to the muscle that were worked, so is it practical to use it on off days?
    If you're on cycle, then the AM slin merely to fight catabolism isn't worthwhile, but off cycle AM slin really helps to reduce catabolism. the same macro intake as would be the case with pwo, but you can use a bit lower dose.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    It does shuttle nutrients to muscle cells and in the morning your muscle are depleted, so it's a good time to use it, but if it's your first run at slin I'd keep it at pwo. That way you'll know how your body reacts to slin

JohnnyB

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    cool thanks

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    It does shuttle nutrients to muscle cells and in the morning your muscle are depleted, so it's a good time to use it, but if it's your first run at slin I'd keep it at pwo. That way you'll know how your body reacts to slin

JohnnyB
    why do you think your muscles are depleted,you need to train at a high intensity to deplete glycogen in your muscles,yes you may be carb depleted in the am but your muscle glycogen levels are not...i think this is the biggest wives tail out there...this being the reason for AM cardio followed by pro/fat meal....because you have still yet tapped into muscle glycogen..carbs in the AM will be stored as fat for future energy.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    why do you think your muscles are depleted,you need to train at a high intensity to deplete glycogen in your muscles,yes you may be carb depleted in the am but your muscle glycogen levels are not...i think this is the biggest wives tail out there...this being the reason for AM cardio followed by pro/fat meal....because you have still yet tapped into muscle glycogen..carbs in the AM will be stored as fat for future energy.
    This is one reason I mentioned a lower dose. I also say to take in only as many grams of dextrose that it takes to just keep you out of hypo....this holds true in the AM too. Muscle glycogen depletion is a relative term.....certainly, muscle glycogen won't be depleted to the same extent as post workout, but there also ins't a maximum supply either.. Using insulinchanges the bias that is there in the absence of insulin , where excess carbs are stored as fat. Insulin causes the rapid uptake of glucose into both fat and muscle......w/o insulin in the AM, the carbs ingested would be more aptly taken up by adipose.

Thread Information