ColdSore is offline Banned

whats your simple carb ratio?

what is the ratio of simple carbs that you takin after your slin injection?...10g per IU seems to be the norm, but i would like to "tight-rope" it as close as possible to avoid any spill over.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I wouldn't go under 7g and have some simple carbs on hand

JohnnyB

Daven is offline Junior Member
    I usualy only have to take in about 40g after i take my shot, and if i start to feel low blood suger, i take a few more, usualy just take a few glucose tabs...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I wouldn't go under 7g and have some simple carbs on hand

JohnnyB
    johnnyb...would i figure in the sugar from a creatine transport if i decided to use it...(like phospahgen hp)...or should i stick with just a creatine monohydrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Daven
    I usualy only have to take in about 40g after i take my shot, and if i start to feel low blood suger, i take a few more, usualy just take a few glucose tabs...
    how much slin do you take PWO...and where do you like to buy your glucose tabs?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    you can get glucose tabs at any pharmacy,they'r over the counter.only a couple of $$

Daven is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    how much slin do you take PWO...and where do you like to buy your glucose tabs?
    10 iu, if you ask a diabetic (this was said somewhere else on this board as well, forget who said it though) when they are feeling low blood sugar they usualy only have a small candy or a few glucose tabs, so i think that people generaly overkill how many carbs they take in afterwords, but if you didnt get enough its not too hard to tell you need more...

I get them at walmart myself, 2 bucks for a little roll of them, 4 for a bottle.

6.5-7/IU for me now......it also has a ton to do with your own insulin sensitivty and your pwo BG level (which depends on pre w/o meals)

johnnyb...would i figure in the sugar from a creatine transport if i decided to use it...(like phospahgen hp)...or should i stick with just a creatine monohydrate?
    anyone have an advice on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daven
    10 iu, if you ask a diabetic (this was said somewhere else on this board as well, forget who said it though) when they are feeling low blood sugar they usualy only have a small candy or a few glucose tabs, so i think that people generaly overkill how many carbs they take in afterwords, but if you didnt get enough its not too hard to tell you need more...

I get them at walmart myself, 2 bucks for a little roll of them, 4 for a bottle.
    makes sense...

Yes, the sugar in those types of drinks is dextrose, similar to cell-tech

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Yes, the sugar in those types of drinks is dextrose, similar to cell-tech
    so i need to figure that into my "x" amount of simple carbs per IU...right?...just want to draw a clear line...

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am not really sure what supplement you talking about but it seems as if it is something liie a pre-mixed creatine/dextrose concoction. if that is the case then yes i would account for the sugar in the the phaspagen hp. i would just stick with creatine mono and dextrose that whey you can seperate them if needed to.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

so i need to figure that into my "x" amount of simple carbs per IU...right?...just want to draw a clear line...
    yep!

I use 6-7 grams of carbs per iu and it has been working for me.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

get a bg meter before you go on this adventure. It will help cut out the guessing game
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I am not really sure what supplement you talking about but it seems as if it is something liie a pre-mixed creatine/dextrose concoction. if that is the case then yes i would account for the sugar in the the phaspagen hp. i would just stick with creatine mono and dextrose that whey you can seperate them if needed to.
    thats what i intend to do...but i have a 2 lb jug of un opened creatine with transport (phosphagen hp) lying around from my natty days...but i think im just gonna get some of the solid muscle creatine mono...the price is **** good...that way i dont have to figure so much...just dex grams to figure out

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I am up 2 10IU and I take 70g and feel fine so far. I am thinking of lowering my carb intake by a bit more but i dont wanna push my luck

REM
    REM is offline Member
    i dont want to start another tread so,
    does this make sense? i'm taking carbsmart pills 1 ed and ed i eat like 2 hands
    full of white rice with my only meal a day (can be pork,beef, chicken with
    vegetable oil) mornig a salad with lemon, night fruts or juices...
    i'm getting results but the carbhydrates situation where do i stand?
    i'm not runnig slin...nor cycling

3-4 200 ml Glasses of Fruit Juice/Sodas (not diet!!) Post Work-Out (within 15 minutes of finishing training!!)
    is best and tastiest without destroying your teeth

Fruit Juice is preferred since fruit has all kinds of interesting phytochemicals in it (beneficial to health and aid in fatloss and anti-catabolism)...

But at Fitness First (my fitness --> Kind of like the Macdonalds of Gyms)
    Sodas are free and available so 3-4 glasses of Lemon Lime keeps me going (never tried glucosesuplementation with Insulin though, cause my Insulin/IGF/interleukin-15 cycle is still in the future )

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Thread Information