Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Quick Insulin question...

I got a bottle of Humalog. Its expiry date says March 2005. Does this mean it will be fine to use till then if I open it now? I keep it in the fridge at all times, and it has been opend for about 1 week. I am only asking this coz I am planning on using it again around October, and I wanted to know if it will be fine to use again in October coz by then it would have been sitting in the fridge for a while. Like I said, it has been opened for about 1 week, and its always refridgirated. Thanx
    Last edited by Gear; 07-07-2004 at 12:11 AM.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    It will be fine. Keep the cap on.

Never knew you could take the cap off and on. I thought once you take the cap off, it cant go back on. Am I right. I dont have the cap anymore. Will it b fine sittin there with no cap?

anyone...? :/

There should be a little stopper on top of it? Most bottles aren't one use only .

bigazzgunz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    anyone...? :/
    I get a new bottle bottle every slin cycle, then toss it when I'm done....I'll spend $25 for a piece of mind

I've read that consistant temp changes can sometimes alter the effectivness of the slin (i.e., to the gym and back), I just get another for the hell of it

Yeah I am from Aus, you cant just buy Slin here, wish you could though. You pay $25 for your bottle of slin that contains a 1000IU. Guess how much we pay? We pay $300 for a bottle on the black market. So yeah once I get a bottle I wanna make sure to use it up as much as possible. My Humalog bottle had a little red cap you take off the top, and once the cap has been taken off, there is the rubber bit on top of the bottle where you put the needle through. Once the cap has been taken off, is it really necesserey to put the red cap back on top of the rubber? I mean the rubber is air tight anyway, so what would the purpose be by putting the cap back on? Anyway, thanx for your info, appriciate it

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Yeah I am from Aus, you cant just buy Slin here, wish you could though. You pay $25 for your bottle of slin that contains a 1000IU. Guess how much we pay? We pay $300 for a bottle on the black market. So yeah once I get a bottle I wanna make sure to use it up as much as possible. My Humalog bottle had a little red cap you take off the top, and once the cap has been taken off, there is the rubber bit on top of the bottle where you put the needle through. Once the cap has been taken off, is it really necesserey to put the red cap back on top of the rubber? I mean the rubber is air tight anyway, so what would the purpose be by putting the cap back on? Anyway, thanx for your info, appriciate it

Ouch, 300 Smacks for slin......
    It should be good bro, make sure you keep it refridgerated.

Keep the rubber on, you'll be good.

Ahh excellent, thanx. Yeah I always keep the rubber on and keep it refridgerated. I hate paying $300 for a bottle lol :/. I wanna move to US so I can get my **** cheaper. Any sort of gear round here is fairly hard 2 come across. Thanx again guys

Incredible_bulk is offline New Member
    When I bought my slin today i had to take it home in the car and i got sutkc in rush hour, it was apprx 35C outside. When i took the bottle home the glass on the bottle was warm. I put the vial strat into the frigde it did not appear to be thick, chunky or anything out of the ordinary should i still use it?

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I bought one of those little cases that holds 2 vials and a couple darts. It came with a cold pack for 10 bucks.

jerseyboy, good idea if you are travelling. How long do they last?

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think it will stay cool for more than a couple hours and I wouldn't leave it in a hot car. It's good for trips to the gym though. I have a small fridge at work so it can be chilled all day.

Well thats ok then. A couple of hrs is plenty time if you only goin to the gym and havin your shot there.

Thread Information