Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    Mr. White is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    Where do I get Insulin?

    I've checked this forum for quite a while on an answer of where to get this stuff... I heard that it can be gotten at a place like Shopper's Drug Mart...now for the question- do I need a prescription.. if no then how much does it cost/what does it come in there.

    A basic and probably obvious question that I'm likely to get flamed for but I just want to know where to head next week.

    Thanks alot

  2. #2
    AnabolicAlien Guest

    my source

    i got it in a hospital i worked in... took it for a week an almost died.

    i'm not sure if this is the same as asking for a source which i know isn't allowed... or maybe that's just for steroids (insulin is not a steroid ).

    if a mod doesn't say anything in a day or so i'll tell ya more.
    oh - and DON'T pm me. I AM NOT A SOURCE!!! i'm not that stupid.

    E.T.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Humalog doesn't require a script in Canada, so they will send it to the US w/o a script too. Humalog is script-only in all 50 states now, but you may be able to get it from a ma and pa pharmacy that doesn't "remember" the newer policies on Humalog

  4. #4
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    Canada is good for something after all? Nice avatar einy!

  5. #5
    BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    157
    find someone that a diabetic

  6. #6
    Daven's Avatar
    Daven is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    142
    You can pick it up at walmart, walgreens, or basicly any pharmacy...

  7. #7
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129
    Do a "canada insulin " search from your home page. If this is your first time I would do a lot of research provided here on AR. Death being one of the consiquences of the unknowledgable users. Peace

  8. #8
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    find someone that's a diabetic? If they are asthmatic, take their inhalers too...lol

  9. #9
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    This is true in only Florida I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daven
    You can pick it up at walmart, walgreens, or basicly any pharmacy...

  10. #10
    co2boi's Avatar
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,689
    which entrance are you using at walmart, walgreens...pharmacies?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Humalog doesn't require a script in Canada, so they will send it to the US w/o a script too. Humalog is script-only in all 50 states now, but you may be able to get it from a ma and pa pharmacy that doesn't "remember" the newer policies on Humalog
    If you stumble onto a pharmacy in the US that doesn't ask for a script, you're lucky. Legally, it's script only now....even in FL

  12. #12
    Mr. White is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    I found it - False alarm!

    I just learned after I posted and searched more that it is available in pharmacies here in Canada without a prescription and then upon further searching found that I am now getting a ****load of it for free from a friend whos dad is a big diabetic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White
    I just learned after I posted and searched more that it is available in pharmacies here in Canada without a prescription and then upon further searching found that I am now getting a ****load of it for free from a friend whos dad is a big diabetic.
    This is the easiest way to get yourself killed!

    If his dad is a big diabetic then his pancreas (and the islands of Lagerhans --> don't know what they are called in english) may be faulty or completely not working!
    So many of these people use Longer active Insuline...
    Now unless you want to become very fat or much much worse DEAD...
    I suggest you inquire if it is Humalog (so not Humalog R, Lente and all that other; "just a mistake but a fatal one" GEAR)

    Greets
    Kingofmasters

  14. #14
    Steroids101 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    This is the easiest way to get yourself killed!

    If his dad is a big diabetic then his pancreas (and the islands of Lagerhans --> don't know what they are called in english) may be faulty or completely not working!
    So many of these people use Longer active Insuline...
    Now unless you want to become very fat or much much worse DEAD...
    I suggest you inquire if it is Humalog (so not Humalog R, Lente and all that other; "just a mistake but a fatal one" GEAR)

    Greets
    Kingofmasters
    I think its islets, but you may be right. Very good point here.

  15. #15
    Paingain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    265
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.
    It's now script only in all 50 states,as has been said 3 times in this thread. If you got it from a pharmacy w/o a script, you were lucky.

  17. #17
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    OK Hoss!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.

  18. #18
    Dropdeadlegs is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11
    I am diabetic. You can purchase any type of insulin from a pharmacy without a prescription EXCEPT Humalog. It is the only type of insulin that I am aware of that DOES require a prescription.

  19. #19
    SexyKitty's Avatar
    SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Diet Hell!
    Posts
    627
    I work for a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin (the Humulin, Humalog line)

    I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription, so you can get it at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

    The only difference is that without a prescription, insurance companies won't cover the cost but that's obviously not a concern of yours
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 07-16-2004 at 03:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    I work for a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin (the Humulin, Humalog line)

    I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

    The only difference is that without a prescription, insurance companies won't cover the cost but that's obviously not a concern of yours
    Yup it is OTC.

    It's not expensive either so insurance companies shouldn't be an issue.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    I work for a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin (the Humulin, Humalog line)

    I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription, so you can get it at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

    The only difference is that without a prescription, insurance companies won't cover the cost but that's obviously not a concern of yours
    Lily is a great company BTW. You're right about it having to be legally available w/o a prescription for travelling diabetics, and all BUT Humalog is here in the states, but Humalog does require a prescription in the US.

  22. #22
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.
    30 iu's a day??? ...why???

  23. #23
    SexyKitty's Avatar
    SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Diet Hell!
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Lily is a great company BTW. You're right about it having to be legally available w/o a prescription for travelling diabetics, and all BUT Humalog is here in the states, but Humalog does require a prescription in the US.

    Thanks Einstein!

    Lilly is great....I have to say I love working for them and couldn't think of another pharma company I would want to work for!

  24. #24
    Bal's Avatar
    Bal
    Bal is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    22
    Humalog is a hell of a lot cheaper from Canada anyways, so even if it were legal in the US without a prescription (which it's not), I'd still be ordering mine from up north.

    --Bal

  25. #25
    Zues is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY area
    Posts
    472
    I was reading that Humulin R is the most commonly used insulin by bodybuilders. Would Humulin R be okay to use as well, and do you need a script for the in the US as well?

  26. #26
    Bal's Avatar
    Bal
    Bal is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    22
    You dont need a script for humulin R (at least in my state); I think it's cheaper than humalog, too. However, it has a longer duration, so you'd have to go longer without eating fats.

    --Bal

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    I was reading that Humulin R is the most commonly used insulin by bodybuilders. Would Humulin R be okay to use as well, and do you need a script for the in the US as well?

    It is the most commonly used insulin ....mainly due to availability. Humalog is far better for our purposes though. the closer the insulin activity peak to the end of our workout, the better.

  28. #28
    Mr. White is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    Humalog

    Just got the 2 vials of Humalog from my friend, each with 100 units in each. This should last me awhile.

  29. #29
    Paingain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    265
    I take 30 units a day simply because I've never had a problem with insulin before. I know it may seem a little overboard, but every time I shoot it I eat a great deal of protien and sugars and the insulin forces everything to the muscles. I know that no matter what time I eat at during the day, with insulin it is being better utilized. Maybe 30 is overboard, I dont know, but I've known some bodybuilders to have to eat like 6 or 7 candy bars, a cell tech shake and some protien after they shoot it up, and these guys are gigantic, so they must be doing something right.

  30. #30
    joevette's Avatar
    joevette is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,084
    I've never heard of 100iu bottles of insulin , aren't they ussually 1000ius?

  31. #31
    Paingain is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    265
    Yes, 1000iu's , 100 units per milliliter, I just wanted to make this clear so nobody dies!!!!!!!

  32. #32
    coldstar82 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2
    i just got humulin R yesterday and i kinda figured that it has 1000 iu's in one whole bottle but i read i should take only 2 iu's on my first day of use then progress 1 iu a day but on the syringe i should take 2 iu's? but that is 20 iu's of humulin R right?

  33. #33
    coldstar82 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2
    i just got humulin R yesterday and i kinda figured that it has 1000 iu's in one whole bottle but i read i should take only 2 iu's on my first day of use then progress 1 iu a day but on the syringe i should take 2 iu's? but that is 20 iu's of humulin R right?

  34. #34
    wildcatslady's Avatar
    wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    I take 30 units a day simply because I've never had a problem with insulin before. I know it may seem a little overboard, but every time I shoot it I eat a great deal of protien and sugars and the insulin forces everything to the muscles. I know that no matter what time I eat at during the day, with insulin it is being better utilized. Maybe 30 is overboard, I dont know, but I've known some bodybuilders to have to eat like 6 or 7 candy bars, a cell tech shake and some protien after they shoot it up, and these guys are gigantic, so they must be doing something right.

    Maybe they eat all that to counter act their blood sugar from dropping to fast, that stuff can knock you on your @ss if you are not carefull. you say you are taking 30 iu's what type?

  35. #35
    flexin-rph's Avatar
    flexin-rph is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    the drug store
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    It's now script only in all 50 states,as has been said 3 times in this thread. If you got it from a pharmacy w/o a script, you were lucky.
    Yup, yup. einstein IS correct. Nuff said.

  36. #36
    Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    81
    would I have to show a script if I lived in the states and ordered it from canada?

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdy_Dysm
    would I have to show a script if I lived in the states and ordered it from canada?
    Nope

  38. #38
    Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    81
    thanks!

    Also on a side note,...what about glucophage?
    Last edited by Bdy_Dysm; 07-25-2004 at 12:48 PM.

  39. #39
    flexin-rph's Avatar
    flexin-rph is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    the drug store
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdy_Dysm
    thanks!

    Also on a side note,...what about glucophage?
    Rx only in the US.

  40. #40
    warren322 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19
    i think he means 1000ius

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •