Mr. White is offline New Member

Where do I get Insulin?

I've checked this forum for quite a while on an answer of where to get this stuff... I heard that it can be gotten at a place like Shopper's Drug Mart...now for the question- do I need a prescription.. if no then how much does it cost/what does it come in there.

A basic and probably obvious question that I'm likely to get flamed for but I just want to know where to head next week.

Thanks alot

AnabolicAlien Guest

my source

i got it in a hospital i worked in... took it for a week an almost died.

i'm not sure if this is the same as asking for a source which i know isn't allowed... or maybe that's just for steroids (insulin is not a steroid ).

if a mod doesn't say anything in a day or so i'll tell ya more.
    oh - and DON'T pm me. I AM NOT A SOURCE!!! i'm not that stupid.

E.T.

Humalog doesn't require a script in Canada, so they will send it to the US w/o a script too. Humalog is script-only in all 50 states now, but you may be able to get it from a ma and pa pharmacy that doesn't "remember" the newer policies on Humalog

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Canada is good for something after all? Nice avatar einy!

BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    find someone that a diabetic

Daven is offline Junior Member
    You can pick it up at walmart, walgreens, or basicly any pharmacy...

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Do a "canada insulin " search from your home page. If this is your first time I would do a lot of research provided here on AR. Death being one of the consiquences of the unknowledgable users. Peace

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    find someone that's a diabetic? If they are asthmatic, take their inhalers too...lol

This is true in only Florida I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven
    You can pick it up at walmart, walgreens, or basicly any pharmacy...

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    which entrance are you using at walmart, walgreens...pharmacies?

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Humalog doesn't require a script in Canada, so they will send it to the US w/o a script too. Humalog is script-only in all 50 states now, but you may be able to get it from a ma and pa pharmacy that doesn't "remember" the newer policies on Humalog
    If you stumble onto a pharmacy in the US that doesn't ask for a script, you're lucky. Legally, it's script only now....even in FL

I found it - False alarm!

I just learned after I posted and searched more that it is available in pharmacies here in Canada without a prescription and then upon further searching found that I am now getting a ****load of it for free from a friend whos dad is a big diabetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White
    I just learned after I posted and searched more that it is available in pharmacies here in Canada without a prescription and then upon further searching found that I am now getting a ****load of it for free from a friend whos dad is a big diabetic.
    This is the easiest way to get yourself killed!

If his dad is a big diabetic then his pancreas (and the islands of Lagerhans --> don't know what they are called in english) may be faulty or completely not working!
    So many of these people use Longer active Insuline...
    Now unless you want to become very fat or much much worse DEAD...
    I suggest you inquire if it is Humalog (so not Humalog R, Lente and all that other; "just a mistake but a fatal one" GEAR)

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    This is the easiest way to get yourself killed!

If his dad is a big diabetic then his pancreas (and the islands of Lagerhans --> don't know what they are called in english) may be faulty or completely not working!
    So many of these people use Longer active Insuline...
    Now unless you want to become very fat or much much worse DEAD...
    I suggest you inquire if it is Humalog (so not Humalog R, Lente and all that other; "just a mistake but a fatal one" GEAR)

Greets
    Kingofmasters
    I think its islets, but you may be right. Very good point here.

Paingain is offline Banned
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paingain
    No No NO, anybody can walk into a **** pharmacy and get this stuff!!! It ran me like 25 bucks and 1 bottle will last a long time. As far as dying from it, I think people either dont know what they're doing with it, or just abuse it. Personally, I take 30 units a day and never had much of a problem.
    It's now script only in all 50 states,as has been said 3 times in this thread. If you got it from a pharmacy w/o a script, you were lucky.

OK Hoss!!!

Dropdeadlegs is offline New Member
    I am diabetic. You can purchase any type of insulin from a pharmacy without a prescription EXCEPT Humalog. It is the only type of insulin that I am aware of that DOES require a prescription.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    I work for a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin (the Humulin, Humalog line)

I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription, so you can get it at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

The only difference is that without a prescription, insurance companies won't cover the cost but that's obviously not a concern of yours
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 07-16-2004 at 02:19 PM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    I work for a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin (the Humulin, Humalog line)

I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

The only difference is that without a prescription, insurance companies won't cover the cost but that's obviously not a concern of yours
    Yup it is OTC.

It's not expensive either so insurance companies shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty

I can tell you that in Canada (and most other countries), by law you have to be able obtain any insulin over the counter without a prescription, so you can get it at any pharmacy. This is necessary so that in case of emergencies, diabetics or their family members can get insulin in case they don't have their script with them.

Lily is a great company BTW. You're right about it having to be legally available w/o a prescription for travelling diabetics, and all BUT Humalog is here in the states, but Humalog does require a prescription in the US.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    30 iu's a day??? ...why???

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Lily is a great company BTW. You're right about it having to be legally available w/o a prescription for travelling diabetics, and all BUT Humalog is here in the states, but Humalog does require a prescription in the US.

Thanks Einstein!

Lilly is great....I have to say I love working for them and couldn't think of another pharma company I would want to work for!

Bal
    Bal is offline New Member
    Humalog is a hell of a lot cheaper from Canada anyways, so even if it were legal in the US without a prescription (which it's not), I'd still be ordering mine from up north.

--Bal

Zues is offline Associate Member
    I was reading that Humulin R is the most commonly used insulin by bodybuilders. Would Humulin R be okay to use as well, and do you need a script for the in the US as well?

Bal
    Bal is offline New Member
    You dont need a script for humulin R (at least in my state); I think it's cheaper than humalog, too. However, it has a longer duration, so you'd have to go longer without eating fats.

--Bal

Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    I was reading that Humulin R is the most commonly used insulin by bodybuilders. Would Humulin R be okay to use as well, and do you need a script for the in the US as well?

It is the most commonly used insulin ....mainly due to availability. Humalog is far better for our purposes though. the closer the insulin activity peak to the end of our workout, the better.

Humalog

Just got the 2 vials of Humalog from my friend, each with 100 units in each. This should last me awhile.

I take 30 units a day simply because I've never had a problem with insulin before. I know it may seem a little overboard, but every time I shoot it I eat a great deal of protien and sugars and the insulin forces everything to the muscles. I know that no matter what time I eat at during the day, with insulin it is being better utilized. Maybe 30 is overboard, I dont know, but I've known some bodybuilders to have to eat like 6 or 7 candy bars, a cell tech shake and some protien after they shoot it up, and these guys are gigantic, so they must be doing something right.

joevette is offline Banned
    I've never heard of 100iu bottles of insulin , aren't they ussually 1000ius?

Yes, 1000iu's , 100 units per milliliter, I just wanted to make this clear so nobody dies!!!!!!!

coldstar82 is offline New Member
    i just got humulin R yesterday and i kinda figured that it has 1000 iu's in one whole bottle but i read i should take only 2 iu's on my first day of use then progress 1 iu a day but on the syringe i should take 2 iu's? but that is 20 iu's of humulin R right?

coldstar82 is offline New Member
    i just got humulin R yesterday and i kinda figured that it has 1000 iu's in one whole bottle but i read i should take only 2 iu's on my first day of use then progress 1 iu a day but on the syringe i should take 2 iu's? but that is 20 iu's of humulin R right?

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    I take 30 units a day simply because I've never had a problem with insulin before. I know it may seem a little overboard, but every time I shoot it I eat a great deal of protien and sugars and the insulin forces everything to the muscles. I know that no matter what time I eat at during the day, with insulin it is being better utilized. Maybe 30 is overboard, I dont know, but I've known some bodybuilders to have to eat like 6 or 7 candy bars, a cell tech shake and some protien after they shoot it up, and these guys are gigantic, so they must be doing something right.

Maybe they eat all that to counter act their blood sugar from dropping to fast, that stuff can knock you on your @ss if you are not carefull. you say you are taking 30 iu's what type?

flexin-rph is offline Member
    It's now script only in all 50 states,as has been said 3 times in this thread. If you got it from a pharmacy w/o a script, you were lucky.
    Yup, yup. einstein IS correct. Nuff said.

Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    would I have to show a script if I lived in the states and ordered it from canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdy_Dysm
    would I have to show a script if I lived in the states and ordered it from canada?
    Nope

Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    thanks!

Also on a side note,...what about glucophage?
    Last edited by Bdy_Dysm; 07-25-2004 at 11:48 AM.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdy_Dysm
    thanks!

Also on a side note,...what about glucophage?
    Rx only in the US.

warren322 is offline New Member
    i think he means 1000ius

Thread Information