Jonblaze639 is offline New Member

Exclamation Couple questions about Slin:

Posted this on another board, but didn't get any responses so i thought i'd try here.

First time user with some questions after i've finished my researched..

1. I’m currently on a cycle of GH, and I’ve read contradicting posts on how these two (the slin and the GH) should be stacked together. Some say to take the GH first thing in the morning and PWO and then take slin 30 minutes. Others say to take the GH and slin at the same time. Which should it be?

2. I plan to use the slin first thing in the morning and PWO on my training days which are 4 times a week. So basically I’ll be doing the slin 4x a week, and taking 3x a week off on non workout days. How many weeks can I safely do this ( I assume around 3-4, but I’d like to double check)? And how much time should I take off before going back on (I’m assuming the same amount of time I was using slin, but I’d like to double check this also?

3. Should i use R-ALA on my off days 30 min before my GH injection/Dextrose shake? Or does this sort of defeat the purpose of the offdays from insulin ?

4. I plan to use creatine, but was curious if there were any benefits to taking glutamine or BCAA w/in an hour of my Slin injection.

Sorry, I saw this when I was home for lunch at AM but didn't have time to respond then.

I use my GH at the same time as my slin, pwo, but I also do an AM GH dose too. I also include LR3 in the pwo mix. I shoot my Humalog IM, so the onset is much quicker......to time things better, I should actually be shooting my GH a bit earlier, because I shoot that subQ. I've been thinking about switching to IM GH injections or shooting my GH a bit earlier. Ideally, you want the slin and GH to peak at the same time..

If you'll be on an AAS cycle with the GH/slin, then pwo is plenty (by far, the most effective time). The only time I do AM insulin is off cycle to help prevent the high catabolism associated with AM cortisol peaks, as no AAS is present to block glucocorticoid receptors like when using AAS.

I use r-ALA when I'm not using slin....it's in no way counterproductive....it gives your body a break from exogenous insulin and better utilizes endo insulin.

Humalog (and no other insulins) has been shown to actually still be effective in those with insulin resistance, and is therefore theorized to also not cause insulin resistance to nearly the degree that other insulins do. If you only use 4x/wk, I'd say you'd be fine to go 6weeks at a time with a 3-4 week break. The rules that apply to Humailn R don't really apply here, but people still tend to group them altogether as "insulin", when, in this respect, there is a distinct difference.

Even when off insulin and using just r-ALA, a pwo dextrose drink to spike endo insulin is the way to go

I use creatine pwo with my dextrose.....insulin greatly enhances its effects. I also use ~10g of glutamine with my dextrose/creatine.....my whey is roughly 15 min later. I think add'l BCAAs are good but just not worth the cost IMO

Thanks for basically holding my hand and walking me through everything you have helped me with so far, regarding GH/IGF-1/t-3 and now slin. On this board and also on my own board. It's greatly appreciated!

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya Einstein is an asset to every board!

actually i thought of another question. Since humalog is faster acting than others, how long should i wait after injection before i can eat fat? I've read the answer in FAQ's but i dont know if it's specific to humalog. So i figured i'd reask.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonblaze639
    actually i thought of another question. Since humalog is faster acting than others, how long should i wait after injection before i can eat fat? I've read the answer in FAQ's but i dont know if it's specific to humalog. So i figured i'd reask.
    I am absolutely hellbent on going IM with Humalog, as it really is beneficial in every way.....speed of activity onset and therefore peak of activity is closer to the end of your workout= less time in a catabolic, nutrient-dprived state. Also, less total activity time, so the quicker you can resume normal macro intake. those that have switched to IM Humalog will attest to this.

If you go IM, 1.5-2.5hrs activity....if you go subQ, it's more like 4-5hrs activity (each pertaining to Humalog)

i'll be going IM w/ the slin.
    Do you think i'd be okay being on igf-1 and slin together, the reason i ask is because Ive never used either before, i have however done a lot of research and know what to do regarding dosage and timing of the slin while on igf-1.

Right now i'm looking at 2 possibilities......

1) Run slin for 2.5 weeks, then add igf-1 for 3.5 weeks (25 days)..then come off both. This will give me a 6 week slin run at 4x a week PWO and let me figure out how my body reacts to it before adding the igf-1.

Or

2) run slin for 4 weeks, then come off, then run igf-1 for 25 days, take a break and then look into running them together sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonblaze639
    i'll be going IM w/ the slin.
    Do you think i'd be okay being on igf-1 and slin together, the reason i ask is because Ive never used either before, i have however done a lot of research and know what to do regarding dosage and timing of the slin while on igf-1.

Right now i'm looking at 2 possibilities......

1) Run slin for 2.5 weeks, then add igf-1 for 3.5 weeks (25 days)..then come off both. This will give me a 6 week slin run at 4x a week PWO and let me figure out how my body reacts to it before adding the igf-1.

Or

2) run slin for 4 weeks, then come off, then run igf-1 for 25 days, take a break and then look into running them together sometime in the future.
    I like option 1 better. Option 2 is very similar to a prolonged slin cycle in terms of its ability to induce insulin resistance (although not a major concern with Humalog). Also, you can still capitalize on the synergy of the two compounds by going with option 1.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    sorry jonblaze639
    i just hijacked the thread any problem?
    just kidding man but i a ? related to what ur talking about very simple,
    i understand that creatine, dextrose and whey protein r the best suplements
    to do a slin cycle, my ? is anything similar out there besides these suplements can be taken as well? i'm sure there is

Thread Information