GH + food = good

This study shows that even with suboptimal caloric intake, nitrogen balance is still favorable while using GH....it has a muscle sparing effect.....with better nutrition, the effects are magnified

Ann Surg. 1988 Jul;208(1):6-16. Related Articles, Links

Metabolic effects of recombinant human growth hormone in patients receiving parenteral nutrition.

Ziegler TR, Young LS, Manson JM, Wilmore DW.

Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts.

Recombinant human methionyl growth hormone (Protropin) (Genetech, Inc., San Francisco, CA) administered to normal volunteers receiving hypocaloric parenteral nutrition minimized weight loss and induced positive nitrogen balance. To evaluate whether growth hormone (GH) can promote anabolism in surgical patients, 11 stable malnourished individuals were studied. In the initial trial, subjects received a constant parenteral infusion of a hypocaloric diet that provided approximately 1100 kcal/24 hr and 1.3 g protein/kg/24 hr for at least 2 weeks. During 1 week, GH 10 mg was given subcutaneously daily, whereas the other week served as the control. Daily balance studies demonstrated that administration of GH resulted in significant retention of nitrogen (+3.4 g/24 h) and phosphorus (+218 mg/24 h), despite provision of only 60% of caloric requirements. With GH, serum blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and potassium fell, whereas glucose and insulin tended to rise, and levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 increased three to fourfold. Weight gain occurred with GH and was associated with positive mineral and water balance. Six patients received GH (10 mg subcutaneously daily) for 13-25 consecutive days after an initial control week. Significant nitrogen and phosphorus retention occurred over the entire period of GH administration, and no significant side effects were observed. In these depleted patients, GH caused significant and sustained nitrogen retention over a wide range of nutritional support. GH appears to enhance the efficacy of parenteral nutrition in stable individuals requiring repletion of body protein.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Great news!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Wowser!!!

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    (10 mg subcutaneously daily).
    Ok Bro..So how many iu's is 10 mg's of gh???

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Ok Bro..So how many iu's is 10 mg's of gh???
    well, 27IUs, but this was just to prove a point. Unfortunately, a lot of the clinical GH studies do use very high doses, but it's usually for much shorter durations. We, on the other hand, use lower doses for much longer durations. Interestingly, in these studies where very high IU/day doses are used, they almost always report few or no sides Maybe they get their GH from Palumbo

zaarel is offline Junior Member

re high doses

Are there any actual studies based on the low doses often used (2 - 4 iu ed) that show clinical benefits? The doses on most of the studies are astronomical and even the reccomened usage on the mfg websites is high. I do understand these are for children producing none generally but still...............

Quote Originally Posted by zaarel
    Are there any actual studies based on the low doses often used (2 - 4 iu ed) that show clinical benefits? The doses on most of the studies are astronomical and even the reccomened usage on the mfg websites is high. I do understand these are for children producing none generally but still...............

This was a six month study that ended March 1st. 202 people particapated taking 2 iu's a day.

HGH Research and Information to Strength, Exercise, & Body Fat
    showed an 88% increase in muscle strength
    showed an 81% increase in muscle size
    showed an 72% improvement in body fat loss
    showed an 81% improvement in exercise tolerance
    showed an 83% improvement in exercise endurance

HGH Research and Information to Skin & Hair
    showed a 71% improvement in skin texture
    showed a 68% improvement in skin thickness
    showed a 71% improvement in skin elasticity
    showed a 51% improvement on wrinkle disappearance
    showed a 38% improvement towards new hair growth

HGH Research and Information on Healing, Flexibilty, & Resistance
    showed a 55% improvement of healing old injuries
    showed a 61% improvement of healing other injuries
    showed a 71% improvement on healing capacity
    showed a 53% improvement on back flexibility
    showed a 73% improvement on resistance to common illness

HGH Research and Information on Sexual Function
    showed a 75% improvement in sexual potency / frequency
    showed a 62% improvement in the duration of penile erection
    showed a 57% improvement on frequency of nighttime urination
    showed a 58% improvement on hot flashes
    showed a 38% improvement on menstrual cycle regulation

HGH Research and Information on Energy, Emotions, &Memory
    showed a 84% improvement in energy levels
    showed a 67% improvement on emotional stabiltiy
    showed a 78% improvement on attitude towards life
    showed a 62% improvement in memory

HGH Human Growth Homone research
    and information study by:
    L Cass Terry, M.D., Ph.D. and Edmund Chein, M.D
    Medical College of Wisconsin and Palm Springs
    Life Extension Institute

Now thats some amazing ****!!!!! How do they quantify an 81% increase in muscle size? Isnt that virtually double? What was the average age of the participants? I would love to read more on that study. Einstein you are just a veritable wealth of information and I for one appreciate your taking the time to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaarel
    Now thats some amazing ****!!!!! How do they quantify an 81% increase in muscle size? Isnt that virtually double? What was the average age of the participants? I would love to read more on that study. Einstein you are just a veritable wealth of information and I for one appreciate your taking the time to share it.
    81% increase means 81% more increase in size than non GH control subjects....it's muscle cross-sectional area.....so if a regular person gained an inch, then the GH subject gained 1.8 inches, etc

Cool, great info..........was there an age range on the participants

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    WOW!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    This was a six month study that ended March 1st. 202 people particapated taking 2 iu's a day.

HGH Research and Information to Strength, Exercise, & Body Fat
    showed an 88% increase in muscle strength
    showed an 81% increase in muscle size
    showed an 72% improvement in body fat loss
    showed an 81% improvement in exercise tolerance
    showed an 83% improvement in exercise endurance

HGH Research and Information to Skin & Hair
    showed a 71% improvement in skin texture
    showed a 68% improvement in skin thickness
    showed a 71% improvement in skin elasticity
    showed a 51% improvement on wrinkle disappearance
    showed a 38% improvement towards new hair growth

HGH Research and Information on Healing, Flexibilty, & Resistance
    showed a 55% improvement of healing old injuries
    showed a 61% improvement of healing other injuries
    showed a 71% improvement on healing capacity
    showed a 53% improvement on back flexibility
    showed a 73% improvement on resistance to common illness

HGH Research and Information on Sexual Function
    showed a 75% improvement in sexual potency / frequency
    showed a 62% improvement in the duration of penile erection
    showed a 57% improvement on frequency of nighttime urination
    showed a 58% improvement on hot flashes
    showed a 38% improvement on menstrual cycle regulation

HGH Research and Information on Energy, Emotions, &Memory
    showed a 84% improvement in energy levels
    showed a 67% improvement on emotional stabiltiy
    showed a 78% improvement on attitude towards life
    showed a 62% improvement in memory

HGH Human Growth Homone research
    and information study by:
    L Cass Terry, M.D., Ph.D. and Edmund Chein, M.D
    Medical College of Wisconsin and Palm Springs
    Life Extension Institute

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Um, are you sure it wasnt 81% REPORTED increase in muscle size? I mean, how did they measure a "67% improvement in emotional stability" and "a 78% improvement in attitude toward life"? I can find the info on sites selling HGH precursors and stuff (one of which says it involved 200 men over 60), but not the actual study.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Um, are you sure it wasnt 81% REPORTED increase in muscle size? I mean, how did they measure a "67% improvement in emotional stability" and "a 78% improvement in attitude toward life"? I can find the info on sites selling HGH precursors and stuff (one of which says it involved 200 men over 60), but not the actual study.

I put next to no faith in subjective tests like that...emotional stability or attitude towards life That's immeasurable IMO. it's like saying "how much do you love someone"....everyone's answer is relative to their own scale....it means nothing and is completely subjective. measuring cross-sectional area od muscle is pretty concrete.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    great info. I am using 2 IU's a day and get swollen hands and feet if going above that. Is anyone using more than 2 IU's successfully and did you work up gradually? Also are there any benefits that going above 2 IU's will bring?

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    i agree with john. I read the informaiton listed above as 81% of 202 people = ~163 people reported an improvement in muscle size and 67% of 202 people = ~135 people reported improvement in emotional stability. This is the only logical conclusion. A test for emotional stability has no baseline and has no relevance, a test for perceived improvement does - it would be the "before gh" baseline of all the participants. Plus, don't you think the LEI has some underlying motives at publishing this?... not that it would stop me anyway

quez82 is offline Associate Member
    how old were they?

Bumping this one up again. I would love to know the age range of the group. It would also be nice to see the percentages on the side effects experienced. Any info on those Einstein?

Thread Information