ColdSore is offline Banned

testing your BG levels...

this is something thats been bothering me more and more now that my first run with slin is getting closer...

why in the hell do you have to prick your finger tips to test you BG levels???...i would much rather jab a lancet in my arm, or leg or anywhere but my **** finger tips!!!

As many of you know ive done my fair share of injections, and have experimented and shoot many place on my body...but the idea of pricking my fingers does not appeal to me at all...

is there any other way>?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Its easier to get blood in finger tips because of the thin skin & vessels. Do not need to penetrate deep. Plus you can squeeze the finger to get a big drop to test bg. I believe also there is less muscle therefore less glycogen as glucose is converted by the liver to glycogen stored in muscle tissue for stored energy

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    There are testers that allow for 'pricking' your arm to check levels, but it is only suggested during times when your BG would be stable. The finger prick apperently provides for a more accurate measure exspecially during times when your BG is rising and falling...such as during periods of slin activitly.

You can buy lancing devices that are spring loaded and have setting levels for depth...the intitial prick is not the problem, its the soreness you can get from multiple jabs on consecutive days. It is all just part of the joys of being safe!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    instead of doing it straight on the tips do it on the side of your finger up around your fingernail , it hurts less.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i see what yall are sayin...

i mean ive put some **** in some fukked up places on my body with 1 inch pins, but for some reason i just absolutely do not look forward to doing this ****!!

LOL...o well...ill be ok

Thread Information