Dutchman is offline Junior Member

Exclamation using Slin+IGF IM >carb/IE ratio?

when using Slin+IGF IM is the carbs/IE rate different compared to SC inject? or is it also 7-10/1 or do you need more carbs because the activity is reduced to 2-2,5hrs? while it's normal about 4 hrs with Humalog.

So if you use slin-IGF IM, immediately eat ?gr carbs/IE, after 1 hour, and after 2 hours..

Anybody?
    Last edited by Dutchman; 07-30-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Dutchman is offline Junior Member
    help me out guy's

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman
    when using Slin+IGF IM is the carbs/IE rate different compared to SC inject? or is it also 7-10/1 or do you need more carbs because the activity is reduced to 2-2,5hrs? while it's normal about 4 hrs with Humalog.

So if you use slin-IGF IM, immediately eat ?gr carbs/IE, after 1 hour, and after 2 hours..

Anybody?
    Theoretically, you'd need higher carbs, because the activity is concentrated over a shorter period. However, in practice, I ldidn't need to increase my carbs.
    The carb:IU ratio also just refers to the very initial carb intake. When using IGF-1 with this, you'll likely feel the need to add more carbs to your actual meal ~1.5hrs after the shake and dextrose, since the IGF-1 seems to take a bit longer to start having its effect on BG (in my experience anyway)

Thread Information