Thread: GH at what age?

Britguy is offline Banned

GH at what age?

if someone had the money to run Growth reguarly would most do it? my friend ran some at the age 35 and looked awesome, maintaining size but also cutting up, im 25 and think im probably a bit too poor and maybe too young, also a lot rumours circulate that many actors are turning to the stuffs, what your opinion guys?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    At 25 LR3 IGF-1 would be a better choice, it cost less and your return on your money is better

JohnnyB

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i started at 23

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    At 25 you don't really have to worry about bone fusion which is the major side effect of Gh, and it's really only safely good for cutting. But it's not something you really want to run on a regular basis. You want to cycle Gh like you cycle any other steroid . You can mess with your body's ability to produce it's own Gh, and you'll be stuck with having to take the stuff for the rest of your life.

zaarel is offline Junior Member

shutdown??

Dbarcelo I have seen several posts of yours tonight indicating that you feel long term GH usage (as in 6 and 8 months) would lead to permanent shutdown. Do you have data that supports that? I ask as I read often that GH should be run for a minimum of 6 months.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    It depends on the reason for running the GH. If you are taking GH for the purpose of causing vertical growth, then you have to take it for at least 6months to a year. That is for people that are either not able to produce there own GH or have another problem such as kidney failure (end stage renal desease), in which case the person is producing GH, but the body is not able to actually use it, so the receptor cites have to be bombarded with GH in order to cause growth.

In our world, we tend to use medications that are not meant for us and we tend to start taking those medications as though they are meant for us. If you have a perfectly functioning hypothalimus and your kidneys are in perfect health, if you take GH for an extended time, your body will stop producing it's own GH. Take a high enough dosage and your body will stop producing Gh on the same day that you take your first injection. Your body never really forgets how to produce GH, and that part of the brain has a lot of other jobs to do, so it won't go unused, but it will have a hard time producing GH again and there is a small chance that you can end up without the ability to produce GH anymore or not at the correct level any more.

For a young person, fusing of the bones is the primary concern. Even for the people that GH is meant for, it is advised they get X-rays every 3-6 months to ensure they are not at risk of prematurely stopping the vertical growth. The next concern is gigancia, which is the enlargening of the hands, feet, face, etc. Before gigancia even starts it is very common, especially for a body builder to end up with an enlarged heart. Bodybuilders tend to have enlarged hearts anyway and the GH just amplifies that effect, the longer you stay on, the higher that chance. I would probably cycle it every three or four months personally.

All of the clinical data I know of that supports long term use is for vertical growth, not horizontal growth. If you're going to a doctor and getting checked for side effects of GH use every two months, then you can go with a 6 month cycle, but if you're not doing that, then why put yourself at risk like that. GH has killed more people because of misuse than any other steroid that I know of.

Thread Information