big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Do we really need 10 grams carbs per IU of slin?

The reason I ask is because of an article Einstien posted earlier about over doin carbs while using slin. This part of the article really caught my attention:

[I]"The thing is, most bodybuilders have a high degree of fear about going into insulin shock. So they have a tendency to be somewhat reactive to any change in mental state following an injection. This leads to a much more substantial intake of carbs than simply the 10 grams per IU.

Though this amount of additional carbohydrate does not seem terribly excessive, I was certain that it was the primary reason why insulin users gained a lot of size but also a disproportionate amount of fat. In discussing this with Mike Zumpano, several things occurred to us. First, what was the rationale behind this dosage of carbohydrate? Second, did consuming this amount of carbohydrate have a basis in human biochemistry? And third, was there a more elegant solution that would enable bodybuilders to use insulin safely for anabolic effect but avoid the excessive fat gains that have so far plagued users?

We both felt that there had to be a better way. Human plasma only contains about 5 grams of carbohydrate at any one time. Diabetics that have taken too much insulin can usually get their blood sugar levels back into normal range by consuming as little a five grams (only 20 calories!) of dextrose. IF that was the case, then how did we arrive at the 10-gram per IU rule?[/I

I understand why we use dextrose PWO, but do we really need 10grams per IU of slin and then for our PPWO meal do we really need carbs? The article points out that an adequate amount of protien in our meals should take care of any hypo shock. If one does start to feel real hypo set in then use a glucose tab or as many as it will take. Can protien be used instead of carbs?

steggs is offline Associate Member
    its just safer ,the method in that article,although a superb article seemed very risky

and as we know this is serious $hit we r dealing with here

steggs is offline Associate Member
    its just safer ,the method in that article,although a superb article seemed very risky

and as we know this is serious $hit we r dealing with here and as u say its fear wich having been hypo i can understand

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    It is safer, i have done slin with no carbs and extremely high protein (500gm+ of protein / day) and it does work, however i would not recomend it to anyone esspecially for first time use...i believe it has to be carbs or no carbs at all...there is really no middle ground, with just a little bit of carbs...if you take no carbs you will let te body convert protein into glucose and keep you out of trouble, but if you take just a little bit of carbs the bodys ability to convert protein into glucose will be almost non existant due to the presence of carbs in the system...for most part i recomend slin & carbs...what i have done in the past is start out with 10gm per iu and gradually reduce that amount to 9gm, then 8gm etc...i believe eventually i got down to 5gm of cabrs per iu without any ill effects...my 0.02 cents...XXL

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    "10g of carbs p/1IU" is just a "be safe rather than be sorry" method. And its just a guideline for everyone. But everyone is different, and everyone reacts differently. For example, myself can now feel pretty confident taking 10IU, but only 60g of carbs. Any less than 60g I start to feel the symptoms. But thats just me. And like I said, everyone is different, and everyone reacts differently.
    Last edited by Gear; 08-25-2004 at 09:53 AM.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Thanks you guys. Trying to learn everything I can about slin.

Thread Information