big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Can knowledgeable long3 IGF-1 users explain?

I saw this on another board while researching Long 3 igf-1. Trying to get a better understanding of the component. Here is what was posted.

More importantly, I do not think bodybuilders realize that LR3 IGF-1 is immunogenic due to the pig growth hormone N-terminal leader sequence, hence Long in the name. If they continue to take LR3 IGF-1, they will invariably develop antibodies against their endogenous IGF-1. This would effectively
    attenuate the anabolic effects of IGF-1!!!

Any comments woud be appreciated.

Bdy_Dysm is offline Junior Member
    I wonder if thats why the effects usually dicepate after 4 weeks of usage! Good question, Im interested!

Check you pm's!

Quote Originally Posted by big4nuthin
    I saw this on another board while researching Long 3 igf-1. Trying to get a better understanding of the component. Here is what was posted.

More importantly, I do not think bodybuilders realize that LR3 IGF-1 is immunogenic due to the pig growth hormone N-terminal leader sequence, hence Long in the name. If they continue to take LR3 IGF-1, they will invariably develop antibodies against their endogenous IGF-1. This would effectively
    attenuate the anabolic effects of IGF-1!!!

Any comments woud be appreciated.

No, that's taken out of context,as so much "information" usually is. that information is based on in vivo studies using small mammals (mice, rats, guinea pigs, and rabbits) all of which are known to have robust Th2 responses to anything remotely foreign. There is no study in humans using LR3. Most of the robust antibody responses seen in small animal models are NOT seen in humans. Additionally, the porcine portion of the GH molecule that makes up the "L" portion of the LR3 is extremely close to the human analogous region..

OK, now the real evidence....

An immune response is all or nothing in terms of an antibody response to an immunogen. If one were to mount an LR3-specific antibody response, any subsequent exposure to LR3 (no matter how long in between exposures) would effectively be thwarted.....i.e. you'd see no results. There would be no attenuation of results over a 4 week period. LR3-specific memory B cells (plasma cells) would produce a large amount of LR3-specific antibodies immediately upon subsequent exposures. I have run several cycles with LR3, with no noticeable decreased effects, let alone any cycle with no effects.

I know where you saw that "information", and it bothers me that it's worded in such a way so as to assert itself as fact.

I'm certainly not saying that it's impossible to mount an immune response against LR3.....hell, just the BA alone can cause enough of a local inflammatory response to even mount an immune response against self proteins in the vicinity, but the mere fact that people are seeing results (any at all) on subsequent LR3 cycles, puts the assertion that one will develop anti-LR3 antibodies. It's merely a possibility....albeit one that you shouldn't just shrug off, but to make it seem inevitable is irresponsible.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for shedding some light on that. A question about the gains one makes off of this compound. If I added 10lbs using Long 3 igf-1, when I stop and assuming I took 3 mos off from any AAS during that time, but kept up the diet and training. What could I expect to keep? Thanks.

Thread Information