Reconstituting and measuring your GH

This is a very common question, and instead of retyping this in every PM, I'll just make a sticky. This will be applicable to any brand of GH and any vial size.

OK, you have your vial of lyophilized GH (powder). No matter the brand, you know how many IUs are in each vial, as that will be noted on the vial. If it's in terms of mgs, just assume (estimate) that 1mg = ~3IU.

It does NOT matter how much water (BW or sterile water) you use. I tend to use more than what most kits include, because this makes it more dilute and means that you're less likely to leave some behind in the vial and syringe.

Pick a volume of water to add to your vial....I don't care what it is. For a 10IU vial, I use 2mL, but between 1 and 2mLs is good IMO.

use a syringe with a 1" or better yet a 1.5" needle attached to reconstitute. Load the syringe with water (BW ideally, but sterile water is fine, despite popular belief). Hold the plunger so that when inserting the needle into the GH vial the vacuum doesn't suck the water out. Once the needle is inserted, angle it so that the needle tip is pointed at the side of the vial....not directly at the powder. Now, simply release the plunger and allow the vacuum force to suck the water out into the vial. Remove the needle and gently swirl the GH vial until fully reconstituted.

Now measuring....this is much easier than people make it out to be. Just use this generic formula:

You know how many IUs are in your vial. You also know how much water was used to reconstitute it (since you just added it). how many IUs do you want to inject? 2IU? Fine, so be it. say your vial was a 10IU vial, 2IU is 20% of 10IU, so you simply draw up 20% of the total volume used to reconstitute your GH. If you used 1mL for a 10IU vial, and you want to draw 2IU, then you simply draw 0.2cc. if you used 2mL for a 10IU vial, you'd draw 0.4cc (since 20% of 2mL is 0.4cc). Most everyone is using a U-100 insulin syringe for GH injections. Each 10IU mark is 0.1cc, so the 20IU mark is 0.2cc, you can figure out the rest.

That's it....it's easy, if you think of it this way.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey thanks for going over this Einstein. One note: BW = bacteriostatic water, for those who weren't sure what that meant.

Here's my question: what kind of syringe are you injecting the water with? Would a slin pin work? Or is any old syringe okay? Is a 25 gauge best?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Hey thanks for going over this Einstein. One note: BW = bacteriostatic water, for those who weren't sure what that meant.

Here's my question: what kind of syringe are you injecting the water with? Would a slin pin work? Or is any old syringe okay? Is a 25 gauge best?
    I use a 3cc syringe, because I use >1cc of water to reconstitute. Also, the longer the needle, the easier it is to avoid injecting water straight into/at the powder

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    if i mix a gh kit for how long can i keep it in the refridgerator? because i won,t be using it all in one time.

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    if i mix a gh kit for how long can i keep it in the refridgerator? because i won,t be using it all in one time.

Most GH brands have their vials contain a quantity that'll easily be used up in a week's time, so there should never be any issues. I'd go as far as to say 2 weeks would be fine, but again, the vial shouldn't contain enough for two week's worth anyway.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bump

Baba is offline Associate Member

fritropin

O.k, what about kexing. They come in 6iu vials, so if I reconstruct it 1ml of bw, would 2iu be the 20 mark of the 1cc 29'' 1/2 slin pin?

Quote Originally Posted by Baba
    O.k, what about kexing. They come in 6iu vials, so if I reconstruct it 1ml of bw, would 2iu be the 20 mark of the 1cc 29'' 1/2 slin pin?
    Reread what I wrote above. It doesn't matter the volume used. If you want 2IUs then that (2IU/6IU= 33%) of the total volume you used to reconstitute

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    hi einstein just wondering i got a humatrope 4iu here that sais sterile dilutent should be used in 24 houres after construction but a friend here sais that it should be ok for a week but i say unless its got benzile alcahol as a preservative which it doesnt its gona last only 24 houres after reconstruction he also sais that it just has to be kept in a cool place not necaceraly in a frige he recons its ok at a cool room temreture do u agree with what he said.

i asked my doc and he said now days depending on the brand there could be a possibilty to what he said ever since they made the genotropin miniquick he said anythings possible.

please help me out im so eager to know if this is true or not itl make life so much cheaper and easyer.

and by the way what would we do without u thanx in advance for all the advice ull pass on in the future.

SOHO is offline New Member

Red face

Could you clarify one point for me. I travel abroard a week every month and I don't like the thought of carrying my HGH with me through the airports etc. What negitive results will I see if I take my HGH ed for three weeks and then off for 5 days.

I would really appreciate your thoughts here.

michajoerg is offline Junior Member

???

can ia lso use b12 injections so inject my igf? because i do not have acess to ba

mad4muscles is offline New Member
    Einstein, is there a downside of using more BW than what you use? For simplicity's sake, I was planning to use a 1:1 ratio, that is, for a 9iu bottle, I was planning to use 9cc of water, thus making 1cc=1iu. Is that too much water?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    good sticky,how bout one for IGF since there seems to be alot of debate over what to mix it with..BA,STERILE VINAGER,BW and whatever else

got test? is offline Member
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the post!!!!

redmuscle3 is offline New Member
    Hey my Jintropin came in a sealed box with written instructions on how to use it. Each Vile contains 10 IUs and came with a amp of "1ml" sterile water (actually 1.1 ml). The instructions say to store the HGH between 2-8 degrees celcious, and if u do its good for two years. They also say if u use the water it came with and refrigerate the solution between 2-8 degrees celcious its good for up to 14 days. If you are taking 2 or more IUs GH a day loosikng potency by letting it sit in the frig. should not be a problem.

cumbeemc is offline New Member
    Hey ,
    Thanx for the info . What do you recomend as the best dosage schedule . How many IUs per day , week , times per week etc...

dale is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mad4muscles
    Einstein, is there a downside of using more BW than what you use? For simplicity's sake, I was planning to use a 1:1 ratio, that is, for a 9iu bottle, I was planning to use 9cc of water, thus making 1cc=1iu. Is that too much water?

bump on this one....any takers??

Within reason, you can add as much water as you like. The only potential problem is that as the amount of water increases, the time you body takes to absorb it all increases. In the case of those that get horrible sides (joint pain, etc), more water means more time to absorb which usually equates to less sides. On the flip side of this, if you slow it down too much, you will end up defeating the purpose of the added GH. I would say more along the lines of 2-3 ml's ..... maybe 4-5 ml's on the extreme end for 10 IU's is more than plenty.

hugeishuge is offline Junior Member
    thanx 05!

gard is offline New Member
    hello to all;
    i ahve been of teriods for almost tow years,and back then i was body biulding.For the past two years i have been trainnig like a power lifter ,and i love it my squat:600lbs, bench:405 ,deadlift:570 all done with power lifting gear, i am ready to start a cycle ,and what i have avalable is dibol tab,test propinate,and boldibone(aqua-gen) ,also winstrol v.Any help on what i should take i would be greatful ,but pls remember i am a powerlifter so the cycle has to be geard towad power and strength.
    kind regards.

GARD

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gard
    hello to all;
    i ahve been of teriods for almost tow years,and back then i was body biulding.For the past two years i have been trainnig like a power lifter ,and i love it my squat:600lbs, bench:405 ,deadlift:570 all done with power lifting gear, i am ready to start a cycle ,and what i have avalable is dibol tab,test propinate,and boldibone(aqua-gen) ,also winstrol v.Any help on what i should take i would be greatful ,but pls remember i am a powerlifter so the cycle has to be geard towad power and strength.
    kind regards.

GARD
    Hi gard and welcome to AR.

You might want to intro your self in the new members forum, and if you have any questions regarding AAS cycles, it's best you post them in the steroid questions forum. We also have HGH/IGF/Insulin forum which is obviously for discussions about GH IGFs and insulins. We have many other forums you may be interested in as well so you might want to check them out.

Once again, welcome and hope you stick around a while.

-Gear

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Guys can someone give some advice on the gh mini quicks? I am going to alaska for two weeks and need to know if they make a 5, 6 or 8 mg mini quick that delivers 1.8ius to 2ius each injection?

vansmack is offline New Member
    Thanks for this website, I just got some Humatrope 5mg, it has two bottles 1-liquid and another powder. I have no idea how to use this. Any help appreciated.

Smoothb001 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmack
    Thanks for this website, I just got some Humatrope 5mg, it has two bottles 1-liquid and another powder. I have no idea how to use this. Any help appreciated.

Sounds like you need to start reading from the top of this post again brutha!

sallad is offline New Member
    I am pretty new at this and i have been taking HGH with anavar for about two weeks now. I have followed all the instruction son mixing and also with sanitary issues. However I have noticed that about 12 hours after each injection I get a quarter sized swelling red area where I injected and it becomes tender, this stays for 2-3 days at a time. Any clue whats going on with this?

iron fist is offline New Member

growth hormone pen

ive just bought a growth hormone pen, its much easier to use but the only problem is ive been told that each click is not 1 iu, so im confused, any1 used the pen before and know how many clicks per iu.
    I would have preferred to used them insulin jabs that clearly show how many iu's to inject the problem is im using genetropin, where the vial contains the powder at the top and solution at the bottom and so therefore impossible to get it out via a needle.

Thread Information