View Poll Results: Does HGH reduce/fade existing stretchmarks?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I saw a definite improvement.

0 0%
  • I saw a slight improvement.

1 50.00%
  • I noticed no real difference.

1 50.00%
  • The stretchmarks actually worsened.

0 0%
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy

Could HGH fade/reduce existing stretch marks?

Just a theory I had as I've heard HGH improves skin thickness, tone & elasticity so logically I thought - could it possibly fade/reduce existing stretchmarks? (obviously nothing will actually cure them)

Please only vote if you have actually got existing stretch marks AND have tried HGH don't just vote no if you theorise that it wouldn't work.

As I said it is only a theory so please don't flame me!
    Last edited by NotSmall; 08-10-2004 at 01:08 AM.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I haven't used GH but I have had some stretch marks. I don't think it would do anything more than mildly decrease the appearance of stretch marks.

JuicedBull is offline New Member
    Maybe a little, but don't get you're hopes up. I've been on HGH for six months and haven't noticed a lot of improvement.

JuicedBull - Thanks for the feedback bro!

Don't worry I'm not getting my hopes up about the stretchmarks. The reason I want to use HGH is to get cut & gain some nice (maybe slightly more permanent) lean muscle. The stretch mark theory was just something I cooked up when I noticed quite a few users report improvements in skin tone/elasticity etc, it seemed logical so I thought I'd ask a few people with experience of the stuff.

RedBaron - Thanks for the reply buddy!

I have tried a couple of different creams in the past with no luck. I spoke to a dermatoligist who said they are little more than expensive moisturisers which may help reduce the onset of the marks or maybe even fade new 'angry red' marks. Trouble is mine are years old so the creams wouldn't do much if anything for them. What stage were your friends at when he got the cream? If it helped him even a little I'd be interested to know the brand.

At least you think GH has helped yours a little, I'm doing the GH anyway so if it does fade them at all its just a bonus!

Thanks again bro - let me know what that cream was if you find out.

RedBaron - Thanks for the reply buddy!

I would be interested to know what the cream was that your friend used and what stage his stretchmarks were at when he applied it. My dermatologist told me that these creams were just expensive moisturisers that could help prevent stretchmarks or maybe even fade new 'angry red' ones - trouble is mine are a few years old now.

At least you feel that GH may have helped yours a little, I'm going to do the GH anyway so if it helps the stretchmarks its just a bonus!

Thanks again bro, anyone else got any experience of GH helping with stretchmarks?

I ran a search on stretchmarks and found this post by Ulter (vet) from back in 2001:

"It may be more than you want spend but gh has helped my stretchmarks quite a bit and mine are over 10 years old. One of the properties of gh is that it thickens your skin and one of the first things I noticed when I started was that my stretchmarks had faded. Aside from fat burning and very minor muscle growth all the affects it has had on the way my skin looks have been well worth it to me."

FANTASTIC! - just what I was looking for. So on top of reducing bodyfat and helping to build some new (hopefully more permanent) muscle GH could well improve my stretchmarks!

Some people have stronger reactions to others. Those results are not typical.

You're just not having it are you DBarcelo?

Well at least I know that while it may not be probable it is at least possible!

I'm just saying to not get your hopes up. It is a long shot that you would end up with the same atypical results. Do a little research on stretch marks and you'll see why I say that. Learn about how they are caused and what chemical processes are happening in the skin to cause it. Then you'll have a more realistic idea of what to expect.

It will help a little, but don't expect to wake up one day and they're all gone. I don't even look at my stretch marks any more. I couldn't tell you if they're still there or not. I just pay them no mind and believe it or not, most people really don't pay them any mind either. I don't think I've ever had a person point out the fact that I have stretch marks. I only say off of this to point out that your issue is not going to be resolved even if the GH works a little. It's a self image thing and what you think other people are thinking about your marks (even if you don't want to admit it). If it was just you on this planet and nobody else, you wouldn't care at all about your stretch marks or getting rid of them. Take the GH, let them fade a little and learn to stop focusing on them. When you focus on something too much, even if it does start to fade, it always looks pronounced to you.

DBarcelo - I hear what your saying but like I said I'm not getting my hopes up. I have done research on stretchmarks and I stated in my first post that I knew nothing would ever 'cure' them, but if GH can help even a little (especially since I'm going to do it anyway) it is as I said above just a bonus!

Obviously my concern about the stretchmarks is one of self image & how others perceive me, I doubt that anyone who is into bodybuilding can say that they do it 100% 'for themselves'. Most of us, if we're honest, do it out of vanity to improve the way others perceive us. You make it sound like I need a therapist, I think it's perfectly normal to be concerned about your appearance. You see in my case I'm not talking about a few squiggly lines around my armpits, I used to be a real bloater (320lb+) and have stretchmarks all over my upper body, I have worked **** hard to lose that fat and now for the first time I can remember my abs are starting to poke through which I am overjoyed about, I just don't want all that hard work to be in vain because my new found six pack is covered in unsightly reminders of my former self.

One of my degrees is in psych, so yes, I can make it sound like a person need theropy and honestly, most people do. But I'm just saying to not worry about it so much. We've all said that it should help a little bit but it's not some miricle cure. And it will help a little bit. But what helps the most is just simply not looking at them and not focusing on them. Even though we've talked about this for a little while now, I still haven't bothered to look at where my stretch marks are or used to be (or whatever the case is now). I'm a little curious to see if they've faded at all over all the years, but it's just not that improtant. When I stop typing this, I'll stop thinking about it. I'm not trying to say you should be like me and look at it the way I day. I've just been self concious about things before and I found that my main reason for the problem has always been my focusing so much on it.

DBarcelo - I appreciate what you're saying but the answer could be quite simple - perhaps its easier for you to ignore your stretchmarks because they're nowhere near as bad as mine. (I know, I know its all in my head.)

Its all very well being happy with yourself but recognising your flaws is surely the first step towards overcoming them. I can ignore them all day but they'll still be there. Don't worry, I know I come across as obsessed about my stretchmarks but I don't let them ruin my life. Equally though if there is a way to improve them then I'm going to take advantage of it.

That's why I said to use the GH, because it will help a little.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    That's why I said to use the GH, because it will help a little.
    All I needed to know big-daddy.

No problem.

Thread Information