steggs is offline Associate Member

INSULIN ,hospitalized

i was wondering if anyone has experianced this. The other night i did my slin shot of 10 ius after my workout i did my usuall 100g of simple carbs straight away ,1 hour later had my meal of 60g protien and 80g of complex carbs and 50g of simple carbs (for insulin usage) , at about the 3 hour mark i felt dizzy and mixed up, i started to shake and my feet went very cold slowly my whole body became very cold my wife rang the a&e and they sent a ambulance and took me to hospital when the doc came round she took my levels and couldnt find anything wrong ,she reconds that it maybe the amout of simple carbs gave me a natural insulin spike on top of what i took and this was what i was feeling, but she seemed a bit unsure could anyone help it did scare me a bit as i have never had a prob and this is my fourth cycle

many thanks in advance

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    It just sounds like your BG crashed? i've had my BG crash at the four hour mark before, so i just took in some simple carbs and all was well...when you say everything was normal are you stating that your BG was alright? I'm assuming you were using humalog? were you going IM or subQ?

steggs is offline Associate Member
    i was using actrapid wich has a 6 hour life peaking at about 3hrs and yeh they said my bg was fine

If you're not measuring your BG, then it's all just speculation. The odds of you going hypo with that kind of overabundance of carbs and using actrapid isn't very likely at all.

I'll only use Humalog, and I'll only go IM. I've got everything tweaked so that my pwo BG levels are the same each time. Your carb intake subsequent to your injection is also dependent upon your immediate pwo BG levels too.

It is possible that the initial 100g of carbs could have induced a substantial endo slin spike, which was then followed by the actrapid onset, but you don't know unless you've measured BG to establish this trend.

Thread Information