Thread: Complex Axis

Corn Bread is offline New Member

Complex Axis

This thread sole purpose is to increase peoples understanding of the gh-igf axis, and deeper into peptides that mediate responses in this process.

I have a question pertaining to when exo gh is administered. (its more directed for Einstein), how long will it take for your normal level of GHRH to come back after a normal to long run of gh. I have not been able to find any studies on how long the feedback takes for your GHRH to be upregulated again. I'm fully aware of the short end feedback loop when your igbp-3's are upregulated and your nat. ghrh is then downregulated hece downregulating your endo gh levels.

Corn Bread is offline New Member
    Taken from einstein,

GH is regulated in a pulsatile manner. It's released from the pituitary in response to GHRH from the hypothalamus....once GH is released, it carries out its actions, one of which is causing increased expression of IGF-1, primarily in the liver. it's IGF-1 that's the main negative feedback inhibitor of further GH release.....as long as there is sufficient serum IGF-1 levels, somatostatin is expressed, which prevents GHRH from causing further release of GH. Normal GH pulses occur about every 4-5 hrs, so taking exo GH (or LR3) will suppress 1-2 pulses if taking GH, 2-4 if using LR3. Once these compound are at low enough levels again, somatostatin expression is reduced and GHRH predominates and causes further GH release from the pituitary, and the normal pulse pattern resumes.........

There really is no recovery period from GH, because you're never fully suppressing the HP axis regarding GH....you're only doing so for part of the day, unless you're doing very high doses of GH or dosing E4hrs or so. Using LR3 >1x/day can also cause suppression for a full day, but even then, i don't think there would be any long term problems.

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    bump

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Good to know.

Thread Information