steggs is offline Associate Member

Help Please Urgent

guys its been 3hrs and 20mins since i did 10ius of slin i had 70 grams of simple carbs straight away and came home from gym and had carbs and protien in the form of potatoes and chicken about 30 mins ago i started getting cold sweats my heart is racing ,dizzy and very sleepy very confused
    cant think straight (my wife is typing this), i took a dextrose drink 75g about 25mins ago and it eased 10mins later its back ,my question is do u think i going into one or panic attack of some sort becuase of what happend before i took the dextrose ,ive done slin loads of times in the past and had some scary moments but not as bad as this any advice from experinced users would be greeted with great thanks
    p.s
    im on actrapid

thank you
    Last edited by steggs; 08-16-2004 at 03:04 PM.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    It should have dicipated by now, but if that ever happens again, you need to get to a hospital. Next best thing is to have a monitor to check your blood sugar level. I don't know much about the amount of insulin that bodybuilders use, so forgive the question, but is 10 iu's an average dose? Seems really high to me, especially for a person that doesn't need it. Insulin is very dangerous to mess with and I never advise anyone take it.

yeh its passed now, but that was scary i didnt sleep untill 5am to be on the safe side
    10ius is about the norm ,thanks for your intrest anyway i know where your coming from,i had more dextrose and it seemed to pass

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    steggs - Thankyou for posting this thread, reading it has definitely made my mind up on the insulin issue - Phuck that!
    Last edited by NotSmall; 08-17-2004 at 03:44 AM.

chances is offline Associate Member
    Stegg,
    You were hypo. Those are all classic signs of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). If it happens again you need to get more simple sugars in you quick. Once you start to feel better you need to put more in or you will fall back like you described. Yeah, it can be scary because it can kill you. Good thing you had your wife there to help.

glad everything is ok.

chance

Todd Scott is offline Junior Member
    sounds like it triggered some serious anxiety in you too. Do you suffer from panic attacks? cos that, allong with hypoglycemia, is what you were experiencing.
    glad u r ok.
    Todd

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    More simple carbs, however there is an injectable anicdote that reverses the effects of insulin i can not remember what it is called, but it's always good to have one just in case, i know a lot of BBers wifes cary them at shows just in case something goes wrong...someone correct me if i am wrong here...XXL

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    glad ur ok bro.
    bump

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    More simple carbs, however there is an injectable anicdote that reverses the effects of insulin i can not remember what it is called, but it's always good to have one just in case, i know a lot of BBers wifes cary them at shows just in case something goes wrong...someone correct me if i am wrong here...XXL
    Thats right bro.. i have one, it`s called Gugagen hypokit by novonordisk
    Here some details:
    Glucager Hypokit
    PRODUCT BENEFITS
    "Although diabetes management has improved dramatically, hypoglycaemic episodes can still happen. Almost everyone with diabetes will experience mild hypoglycaemia each year and more than 10% will suffer a severe episode.

Preparing patients and their families
    People with diabetes - and their families, friends and colleagues - may have to deal with severe hypoglycaemia. GlucaGen® HypoKit enables anyone to treat such an emergency, even without medical training.

GlucaGen® HypoKit – safe and easy to use
    GlucaGen® HypoKit contains everything needed for a lifesaving GlucaGen® injection.

Easy-to-follow instructions

A vial with 1 mg freeze-dried GlucaGen®

A syringe prefilled with GlucaGen® diluent

Small, compact and easy to store and carry, GlucaGen® HypoKit is the safe and easy solution to a hypoglycaemic emergency."
    Last edited by cyflex; 08-17-2004 at 02:09 PM.

thanks for your coments guys

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by cyflex
    Thats right bro.. i have one, it`s called Gugagen hypokit by novonordisk
    Here some details:
    Glucager Hypokit
    PRODUCT BENEFITS
    "Although diabetes management has improved dramatically, hypoglycaemic episodes can still happen. Almost everyone with diabetes will experience mild hypoglycaemia each year and more than 10% will suffer a severe episode.

Preparing patients and their families
    People with diabetes - and their families, friends and colleagues - may have to deal with severe hypoglycaemia. GlucaGen® HypoKit enables anyone to treat such an emergency, even without medical training.

GlucaGen® HypoKit – safe and easy to use
    GlucaGen® HypoKit contains everything needed for a lifesaving GlucaGen® injection.

Easy-to-follow instructions

A vial with 1 mg freeze-dried GlucaGen®

A syringe prefilled with GlucaGen® diluent

Small, compact and easy to store and carry, GlucaGen® HypoKit is the safe and easy solution to a hypoglycaemic emergency."
    That's it...i knew there was something like that out there, thanks for the info!XXL

Thread Information