AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Question Any of you guys go diabetic after using insulin?

I heard you can get insulin dependent diabetes from usinf insulin sometimes. The theory is that your body rejects its own insulin after it got used to the synthetic stuff. Is this a common occurance? Is there a way to avoid this from happening? What if you only used insulin on the weekend, could that help cut the risk?

Daven is offline Junior Member
    If you use it in a sensible manner, post work out, 4 days a week or so, for 4 week cycles, there really isnt a chance it will happen. If your doing it every day for 10 weeks, then that chance is very much incresed. But then again, some pro bodybuilders do it at insane dosages and dont become diabetic. But I woudnt risk it.

poantrex is offline Junior Member
    I have never heard of anyone acquiring insulin dependant diabetes, I believe you can only be born with that condition. If anything, one would contract non-insulin dependant diabetes (type 2) due to insulin resistance, but supposedly insulin injections counteract insulin resistance. So I really don't know, but I seriously seriously doubt that anyone can contract type I from drug use.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, the reason the injections "counteract" it is cuz that synthetic stuff binds more efficiantly to the insulin receptor site than your natural insulin. Unfortunetly it does nothing for the interactions of the site with your insulin. So they really aren't counteracting the insulin resistence. However, stuff like Rezulin and Glucophage are used in diabetics to increase insulin sensitivity, or counter resistence, however you wanna say it. Sometimes that stuff though can cause resistence as well. I guess with all things it's dosage related.

poantrex is offline Junior Member
    I know that glucophage doesn't help with insulin resistance. It does not help with increasing muscle uptake of glucose, whereas avandia and actos do - unfortunately most people gain a ton of fat on these two meds as well. Glucophage simply slows the release of glycogen from the liver.

Thread Information