angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

teen prescribed hgh

ok i know all the bad hype about teens and hgh, i'm only 19 and not even considering it. i have 1 cycle under my belt, and i'm about to do my second. i know i'm probably too young to be doign this, but i've put my bod through worse, so oh well....

anyway my ? is this. I realize that hgh can speed bone growth(jaw, feet, etc.), but then why was my bud just precribed it by a doc?

He went to the doctor and apparently he has some disorder that will prevent him from growing any taller, which he didn't specify. he is about 5'8", which isn't all that short really. So the doctor prescribed him 6 months of GH therapy?? how would this help him grow? he is only 17 years old, so i'm wondering how that would be beneficial?
    Last edited by angelxterminator; 01-11-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Why in the world would HGH fuse the growth plate??.......estrogen is what fuses the growth plate.....part of the reason women are shorter than men

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Why in the world would HGH fuse the growth plate??.......estrogen is what fuses the growth plate.....part of the reason women are shorter than men
    and who told you that?? yes excessive estrogen levels can fuse growth plates but what makes you think that is the only thing that stunts growth????
    i've read it in one of einsteins posts, and in multiple medicinal articles that the effects of gh on somebody still in natural growth stages will stunt their natural growth, and fvck up their natural gh production for the rest of their life. this is why i am asking why a doc would prescribe it to somebody to make them grow taller?
    any informed bros know specifics on this?

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    IMO...he was tested and has a low natural gh level. They have a way to measure this and he is probably on the low side. I am curious to how much the Doctor is having him use. (How many iu's per day??)

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    IMO...he was tested and has a low natural gh level. They have a way to measure this and he is probably on the low side. I am curious to how much the Doctor is having him use. (How many iu's per day??)
    i believe the amount he is using is superior to that of any natural level. i know he does it in the AM on an empty tank, and i'm pretty sure its 4ius

oH OK...

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    i believe the amount he is using is superior to that of any natural level. i know he does it in the AM on an empty tank, and i'm pretty sure its 4ius
    That is just a supplemental dose. The Doc is probably using it to compliment his low natural levels. However, I have never heard of anything like this.

That is just a supplemental dose. The Doc is probably using it to compliment his low natural levels. However, I have never heard of anything like this.
    neither have i, hence the confusion and me asking questions!

on a similar note, i'm starting my test cycle with deca , slin, and t3 soon, and was pondering on the growth hormone .

i am only 19 years old, i know i know, too young.... i was wondering if i PROPERLY use growth hormone at a moderate dose, the adverse effects i would see at a young age. I just want facts, i know its not smart even asking this, but i would like to know! would it permanently suppress my natural gh levels? would i see any serious bone problems, etc.?
    i would be cycling it with the aforementioned compounds, t3, slin, test enanthate , deca-durabolin , with proper pct of course!

thanks for the info bros

I can and will respond...but I would like to hear a response form Einstein as the Pro's and Con's of early HGH use.

Bumpidy bump

hmm....

deff want the pros and cons on this one as you said....i wonder if it would indeed induce height growth, or maybe help prevent steroids from closing growth plates?

Some studies apparently found Aanavar as effective as GH in lateral growth.....

could you post a link or reference to these studies?

I'll have to dig it up......give me a couple days

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    ok i know all the bad hype about teens and hgh, i'm only 19 and not even considering it. i have 1 cycle under my belt, and i'm about to do my second. i know i'm probably too young to be doign this, but i've put my bod through worse, so oh well....

anyway my ? is this. I realize that hgh can fuse growth plates, and speed bone growth(jaw, feet, etc.), but then why was my bud just precribed it by a doc?

He went to the doctor and apparently he has some disorder that will prevent him from growing any taller, he is about 5'8", which isn't all that short really. So the doctor prescribed him 6 months of GH therapy?? how would this help him grow? he is only 17 years old, so i'm wondering how that would be beneficial, and what sides could he face from this use?
    ive heard from a friend of mine that a if hgh is administerd at the right timing it will help u to grow taller. he says that his doctor told him this but im not sure. (hes 5'3")

anybody have info that wasn't given to them by a friend? something with medicinal journals, etc. to back it up?? no offense to the info that was given me, but i want to be sure on what i'm doing!

bowie is offline Member
    One of the major reasons for gh production is for growth disturbance due to insufficient secretion of growth hormone or associated with gonadal dysgenesis or Turner's syndrome which is a chromosome aberration, or for growth disturbance in prepubertal children with chronic renal insufficiency. So why does this seem odd that your friend was prescribed gh to make him taller,that's one reason it was designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    One of the major reasons for gh production is for growth disturbance due to insufficient secretion of growth hormone or associated with gonadal dysgenesis or Turner's syndrome which is a chromosome aberration, or for growth disturbance in prepubertal children with chronic renal insufficiency. So why does this seem odd that your friend was prescribed gh to make him taller,that's one reason it was designed for.
    it seems odd because his natural gh levels are not that low, and he is almost as tall as me! i would understand if he had a more serious disorder prevent further growth, but that is not the case, the doctor is giving it to him as sort of a "boost".....

this still doesn't help me with any pros and cons of a healthy 19 year old supplementing with gH though.that's what i really need info on, as i'm considering it for myself, but wanted to know of any serious conditions that could arise from supplementing with gH at the age of 19 if used properly!

Cordoba is offline Junior Member
    GH wont fuse growth plates, GH is used to make childern grow taller like bowie said. If anything you would end up slightly taller, not shorter.

Foxy Sphinx is offline Associate Member
    Amatuers. GH works by increasing mesenchymal cell differentiation markers and increasing chondrocyte proliferation and hypertrophing via direct routes of GH and indirect via IGF-1 conversion both autocrine and paracrine.

It also has some effects on the process of osteogenesis as well which is the conversion of that chondrocyte cartilage matrix into calcified bone matrix. The entire reason the growth plate fuses is because osteocyte activity outdoes chondrocyte activity and this is all modulated by the pubertal hormones. The ideal situation would be to increase chondrocyte activity and osteocyte activity but ALWAYS having higher chondrocyte activity than osteocyte activity. Estrogen converts from testosterone , and estrogen is the MOST potent of osteocyte cell osteocin-deposition modulation. So if you use a triazole anti-aromatase such as letrozole you block the estrogen and block the most potent factor in osteocyte activity. Dont beleive me???

Novel treatment of delayed male puberty with aromatase inhibitors.
    Dunkel L, Wickman S.
    University of Helsinki, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Finland. [email protected]
    BACKGROUND: As the evidence for the role of oestrogens in epiphyseal closure appears unequivocal, we hypothesized that boys with constitutional delay of puberty would attain greater adult height if oestrogen action was suppressed. METHODS: We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in which we treated boys with constitutional delay of puberty with testosterone plus placebo or testosterone plus a potent fourth-generation aromatase inhibitor, letrozole. FINDINGS: Letrozole effectively inhibited oestrogen synthesis. The 17beta-oestradiol concentrations increased in the untreated group and in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, but in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group no such increase was observed until letrozole treatment was discontinued. Testosterone concentrations were threefold higher in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group than in the other groups. Within 18 months, bone age had advanced by 1.1 +/- 0.3 years in the untreated group and by 1.7 +/- 0.3 years in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, but only by 0.9 +/- 0.2 years in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group (p = 0.02 between treatment groups). Predicted adult height did not change significantly in the untreated group and in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, whereas in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group the increase was 5.1 +/- 1.2 cm (p = 0.004). CONCLUSIONS: Our findings suggest that, if oestrogen action is inhibited in growing adolescents, adult height will increase. This observation provides a rationale for studies aimed at delaying bone maturation in several growth disorders. Copyright 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

This might be that Oxandrolone (anavar ) study you were reffering to...

Oxandrolone therapy in constitutionally delayed growth and puberty. Bio-Technology General Corporation Cooperative Study Group.
    Wilson DM, McCauley E, Brown DR, Dudley R.
    Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, California, USA.
    BACKGROUND. Male adolescents with constitutional delay of growth and puberty may have significant psychosocial difficulties related to their sexual immaturity and short stature. The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that 1 year of oxandrolone therapy would increase growth velocity and thereby improve psychosocial functioning in boys with constitutional delay of growth and pubertal development. METHODS. Forty boys (ages 11 to 14.7 years) with delayed pubertal development and short stature were recruited from the pediatric endocrine clinics of 14 medical centers. The boys were randomized using a block design stratified for age to receive either oxandrolone (0.1 mg/kg daily for 1 year) or an identical-appearing placebo tablet, using a double-masked design. RESULTS. Growth velocity in the oxandrolone-treated boys was significantly greater than in the control boys (9.5 vs 6.8 cm/y). Likewise, the mean height SD score increased 0.41 in the oxandrolone group, whereas it decreased 0.03 in the control group. Those in the oxandrolone group gained 2.4 kg more than those in the placebo group. Mean predicted adult heights did not change in either group. The mean rates of pubertal progression were equivalent in both groups. Self-image (Piers-Harris Self Concept Scale) and social competence (Child Behavior Profile) were normal at baseline in both groups and did not change significantly over the course of the study in either group. No complications of oxandrolone therapy were identified. CONCLUSIONS. This randomized, placebo-controlled trial demonstrates that low-dose oxandrolone can increase both height and weight velocity in boys with delayed puberty safely. Under the conditions of this study, however, the increased growth velocity in the oxandrolone-treated boys was not associated with a greater improvement in psychosocial status compared with the control boys.
    Last edited by Foxy Sphinx; 08-20-2004 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Sphinx
    Amatuers. GH works by increasing mesenchymal cell differentiation markers and increasing chondrocyte proliferation and hypertrophing via direct routes of GH and indirect via IGF-1 conversion both autocrine and paracrine.

It also has some effects on the process of osteogenesis as well which is the conversion of that chondrocyte cartilage matrix into calcified bone matrix. The entire reason the growth plate fuses is because osteocyte activity outdoes chondrocyte activity and this is all modulated by the pubertal hormones. The ideal situation would be to increase chondrocyte activity and osteocyte activity but ALWAYS having higher chondrocyte activity than osteocyte activity. Estrogen converts from testosterone , and estrogen is the MOST potent of osteocyte cell osteocin-deposition modulation. So if you use a triazole anti-aromatase such as letrozole you block the estrogen and block the most potent factor in osteocyte activity. Dont beleive me???

Novel treatment of delayed male puberty with aromatase inhibitors.
    Dunkel L, Wickman S.
    University of Helsinki, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Finland. [email protected]
    BACKGROUND: As the evidence for the role of oestrogens in epiphyseal closure appears unequivocal, we hypothesized that boys with constitutional delay of puberty would attain greater adult height if oestrogen action was suppressed. METHODS: We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in which we treated boys with constitutional delay of puberty with testosterone plus placebo or testosterone plus a potent fourth-generation aromatase inhibitor, letrozole. FINDINGS: Letrozole effectively inhibited oestrogen synthesis. The 17beta-oestradiol concentrations increased in the untreated group and in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, but in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group no such increase was observed until letrozole treatment was discontinued. Testosterone concentrations were threefold higher in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group than in the other groups. Within 18 months, bone age had advanced by 1.1 +/- 0.3 years in the untreated group and by 1.7 +/- 0.3 years in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, but only by 0.9 +/- 0.2 years in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group (p = 0.02 between treatment groups). Predicted adult height did not change significantly in the untreated group and in the testosterone/placebo-treated group, whereas in the testosterone/letrozole-treated group the increase was 5.1 +/- 1.2 cm (p = 0.004). CONCLUSIONS: Our findings suggest that, if oestrogen action is inhibited in growing adolescents, adult height will increase. This observation provides a rationale for studies aimed at delaying bone maturation in several growth disorders. Copyright 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

This might be that Oxandrolone (anavar ) study you were reffering to...

Oxandrolone therapy in constitutionally delayed growth and puberty. Bio-Technology General Corporation Cooperative Study Group.
    Wilson DM, McCauley E, Brown DR, Dudley R.
    Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, California, USA.
    BACKGROUND. Male adolescents with constitutional delay of growth and puberty may have significant psychosocial difficulties related to their sexual immaturity and short stature. The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that 1 year of oxandrolone therapy would increase growth velocity and thereby improve psychosocial functioning in boys with constitutional delay of growth and pubertal development. METHODS. Forty boys (ages 11 to 14.7 years) with delayed pubertal development and short stature were recruited from the pediatric endocrine clinics of 14 medical centers. The boys were randomized using a block design stratified for age to receive either oxandrolone (0.1 mg/kg daily for 1 year) or an identical-appearing placebo tablet, using a double-masked design. RESULTS. Growth velocity in the oxandrolone-treated boys was significantly greater than in the control boys (9.5 vs 6.8 cm/y). Likewise, the mean height SD score increased 0.41 in the oxandrolone group, whereas it decreased 0.03 in the control group. Those in the oxandrolone group gained 2.4 kg more than those in the placebo group. Mean predicted adult heights did not change in either group. The mean rates of pubertal progression were equivalent in both groups. Self-image (Piers-Harris Self Concept Scale) and social competence (Child Behavior Profile) were normal at baseline in both groups and did not change significantly over the course of the study in either group. No complications of oxandrolone therapy were identified. CONCLUSIONS. This randomized, placebo-controlled trial demonstrates that low-dose oxandrolone can increase both height and weight velocity in boys with delayed puberty safely. Under the conditions of this study, however, the increased growth velocity in the oxandrolone-treated boys was not associated with a greater improvement in psychosocial status compared with the control boys.
    both those studies were performed on pre-pubescent children though, would it have similar effects on a post-puberty young man such as a 17-19 year old?

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man **** im so confused maybe I will have to get
    a degree to figure that out.

How could anyone grow taller post puberty? Post puberty is assumed that the growth plate has fused by then as the growth spurt associated with puberty is also what leads to the growth plate closing at the end of puberty.

A bone that has fused CANNOT grow longitudinally anymore, only circumferentially (wider).

Wether this would work or not depends 100% on wether the growth plates are fused or not and has little to do with age, its all about the epiphysis.

Need x-rays of your longbones

How could anyone grow taller post puberty? Post puberty is assumed that the growth plate has fused by then as the growth spurt associated with puberty is also what leads to the growth plate closing at the end of puberty.

A bone that has fused CANNOT grow longitudinally anymore, only circumferentially (wider).

Wether this would work or not depends 100% on wether the growth plates are fused or not and has little to do with age, its all about the epiphysis.
    that just made me feel retarded as that is common knowledge, sorry for my redundant questions... ok so say at 19 years old(my age) somebody decided to take a low dose cycle of 6 on 1 off gh. Could/would this have any adverse effects if used properly as compared to someobody in their late 20's that used it? Also i know that my growth plates are not fully closed yet as i've had xrays for numerous reasons lately, and i had that pointed out to me. Will the growth hormone speed longitudinal growth or will it actually increase the amount of final growth achieved..... IE will i just grow 2 inches in 1 year instead of 2 inches in 3 years vs. will i grow 4 inches instead of 2 (as a very over-simplified example)

btw foxy thank you for clearing up the confusion. these direct answers are what i love to hear, not what a friend of a friend heard from his cardiologists cousin!

you should join the hive ....the bees over there know their sh*t, you could actually have an intelligent conversation with them(most)...i dont know of any other board where somebody could correct my writeup of a photamination of isosafrole from start to finish)

bowie is offline Member

He said his freind was 17. I doubt his plates have fused at that age.

bowie is offline Member
    Gh does little for someone under 40 unless used in high doses. etc. 6-10 iu/day. I use 2iu everyday for health reasons.(i'm36) At 19 it is possible for height growth with larger doses,but you run the chance of stunting your own gh secretion and growth of other bone mass and organ size. Smaller doses have few side effects other than water retention and minor joint pain. Don't know quite what your looking for at 19.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    and who told you that?? yes excessive estrogen levels can fuse growth plates but what makes you think that is the only thing that stunts growth????
    i've read it in one of einsteins posts, and in multiple medicinal articles that the effects of gh on somebody still in natural growth stages will stunt their natural growth, and fvck up their natural gh production for the rest of their life. this is why i am asking why a doc would prescribe it to somebody to make them grow taller?
    any informed bros know specifics on this?

If someone is being monitored by a doctor (blood tests, x-rays, physical exams), they are not normally going to stunt their growth by prematurely fusing the plates. If you take too much GH, you can fuse the plates.

It is common practice for a doctor to prescribe children GH to get them to grow. That's really the major use for GH, children to grow, not adult use. The second use is for older people that have an adult onset defeciency that requires GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman

Excess amounts of GH will fuse the plates prematurely, this is why children are monitored so closesly when being treated with GH.

There are a couple different reasons besides just producing low GH naturally. Some people have organ damage that makes it very difficult for them to use proteins, for example.

anybody have info that wasn't given to them by a friend? something with medicinal journals, etc. to back it up?? no offense to the info that was given me, but i want to be sure on what i'm doing!

All of the info that I give you is right out of the PDR (physician's desk reference). I know most of it off the top of my head, but I can give direct quotes from the PDR if you like.

it seems odd because his natural gh levels are not that low, and he is almost as tall as me! i would understand if he had a more serious disorder prevent further growth, but that is not the case, the doctor is giving it to him as sort of a "boost".....

this still doesn't help me with any pros and cons of a healthy 19 year old supplementing with gH though.that's what i really need info on, as i'm considering it for myself, but wanted to know of any serious conditions that could arise from supplementing with gH at the age of 19 if used properly!

Try not to take this the wrong way, but how hard could you possibly be looking for info about this stuff? I've posted the pro's a con's of GH use in adolescents a couple of times in the past week. If you search the boards, you will find all of the answers you need. I even gave the dosing calculation used in children and adults. I'm not handing you the information because I really don't think you know half of what you would need to know in order to do this sucessfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordoba
    GH wont fuse growth plates, GH is used to make childern grow taller like bowie said. If anything you would end up slightly taller, not shorter.

One of the side effects of GH is prematurely fusing the growth plates. Like I wrote before, that is why we monitor children so closely.

What he's trying to say is that you're both talking about two different things. The studies you are referring to have to do with children with a different disorder, not growth alone, but the failure to go through any of the hormonal pubecent changes. For example, a 16 year old boy that hasn't started to grow faster, hasn't experienced sperm production and hasn't experienced any change in voice (for example). He's talking about a person that has gone through all of the other changes, but is just short in stature for one reason or another.

that just made me feel retarded as that is common knowledge, sorry for my redundant questions... ok so say at 19 years old(my age) somebody decided to take a low dose cycle of 6 on 1 off gh. Could/would this have any adverse effects if used properly as compared to someobody in their late 20's that used it? Also i know that my growth plates are not fully closed yet as i've had xrays for numerous reasons lately, and i had that pointed out to me. Will the growth hormone speed longitudinal growth or will it actually increase the amount of final growth achieved..... IE will i just grow 2 inches in 1 year instead of 2 inches in 3 years vs. will i grow 4 inches instead of 2 (as a very over-simplified example)

Children react to GH differently and nobody can tell you exactly how you will react to it. When I say react, I mean as far as growth. Some people shoot up, some people grow a little quicker, some people don't seem to change at all. This is another reason why a child has to be under a doctor's care when taking GH.

Coincidentally enough I already am a bee over at the hive, well a NewBee since im no pro yet. Albeit I wish my buzzing identity to remain zipped for reasons SWIM doesnt wanna mention!

Its hard to answer any questions that ask "will I grow X in Y?" because X and Y vary for each individual and I am by no means a doctor nor qualified to even give examples of X or Y.

They use GH already in short statured children who have no GH deficiency. 6 weeks doesnt seem long enough for much if any bone to grow at all though. Bone doesnt grow nearly as quick as muscle, and you would want to ensure you take a good amount of vitamins and minerals everyday, especially calcium and magnesium.

Dug this up from my old files...

Treatment of GH-deficient children with two different GH doses: effect on final height and cost-benefit implications.
    Radetti G, Buzi F, Paganini C, Pilotta A, Felappi B.
    Department of Paediatrics, Regional Hospital of Bolzano, via L Boehler No. 5, 39100 Bolzano, Italy. [email protected]
    OBJECTIVE: Treatment of GH-deficient (GHD) children with higher doses of recombinant human GH (rhGH) than conventional ones has been reported to result in higher growth velocity and increased final height. These findings, however, were observed by comparing large but heterogeneous groups of children. We wanted to verify whether the same results could be obtained in two groups of appropriately well-matched children with isolated GHD treated with high vs conventional doses of rhGH. METHODS: Out of two cohorts of GHD children, cohort A (on a weekly rhGH dose of 0.3 mg/kg body weight) and cohort B (on a weekly rhGH dose of 0.15 mg/kg body weight), we selected two groups, each including 13 patients, who before treatment were matched for age, sex and height standard deviation score (SDS). They were followed up until final height. RESULTS: Final height SDS was significantly higher in group A (-0.45+/-0.36 (s.d.) vs -1.07+/-0.7; P=0.008), as well as height gain SDS (1.81+/-0.58 vs 1.23+/-0.62; P=0.002). The difference between final height SDS and target height SDS was positive only in group A and significantly higher in group A than in group B (0.33+/-0.51 vs -0.46+/-0.7; P=0.01). Glucose tolerance was always normal in the group treated with higher doses. CONCLUSION: The final height of children treated with higher doses of rhGH is increased, also in relation to their genetic target. The economical burden of this choice of treatment, however, has to be taken into account when evaluating the results.

thanks a ton foxy....btw the hive is good ****. its my favorite place to learn about peoples dreams and what some elf wrote on a tree in the woods

that and i wouldn't ahve enough money to buy gh if it wasn't for my dreaming about bomb hydrogenation of mdp2p over adams catalyst )........haha

love what you can learn online

Thread Information