tryingtogain is offline Member

I am naturally Hypoglycemic is this good for bulding muscle?

I am naturally hypoglycemic and i know the dangers of it so when it gets out of hand i know to get some surgar in me. LIke if i wake up if i eat those sugar frosted chereos within like 2 hrs i can already feel the efffects of low blood sugar because i think my body releases to much insulin in react to it. So i have switched to wheeties wish is a much better cereal because it keeps my sugar under control and its better for you anyways. So basically I belive i am the opposite of a diabetic. Also if i eat l white rice alone or just steak with nothing else i get the same hypoglycemic thing.

My questions are this.

1. Am I at risk for diabieties? i dont think i would since i am the opposite of diabeties but someone please let me know.

2. With this help me with building muscle?

tryingtogain is offline Member
    anyone know?

Geebee is offline Junior Member
    No problems for gaining muscles, just adjust your food.
    But you should check your blood-sugar first. It depends how much you have to give you any precise advice. If you are a diabetic you'll see it (IMO you're not but I'm not a doc, but ... I'm a diabetic)

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    See A Doctor Bro

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogain
    I am naturally hypoglycemic and i know the dangers of it so when it gets out of hand i know to get some surgar in me. LIke if i wake up if i eat those sugar frosted chereos within like 2 hrs i can already feel the efffects of low blood sugar because i think my body releases to much insulin in react to it. So i have switched to wheeties wish is a much better cereal because it keeps my sugar under control and its better for you anyways. So basically I belive i am the opposite of a diabetic. Also if i eat l white rice alone or just steak with nothing else i get the same hypoglycemic thing.

My questions are this.

1. Am I at risk for diabieties? i dont think i would since i am the opposite of diabeties but someone please let me know.

I have the same problem. i generally can feel it coming on..sweating, feel really aggravated...my blood sugar has been as low as 42 mg/dl, but never over 88 mg/dl..one doctor I used to see for my physicals, etc. thought I might have pancreatitus (spelling?), but never ordered any further tests. I seem to stay most stable when I consume a high protein meal with a moderate amount of fresh vegetables.....my current doc said that his opinion was that the extra insulin produced by my body would have a minimal effect on muscle growth..also he stated that it would be best to monitor blood sugar on a regular basis and try to minimize the variations in blood sugar because this would place additional stress on my system..Don't know if this info helps you, but thought I would share it with ya....

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogain

My questions are this.

1. Yes
    2. Yes

You should have a glucose tolerance test to determine whether you have reactive or functional hypoglycemia.

Cordoba is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=tryingtogain]1. Am I at risk for diabieties? i dont think i would since i am the opposite of diabeties but someone please let me know.QUOTE]

If you are naturally hypoglycemic you already are Diabietic, their are two types of diabieties type 1 insulin dependent and type 2. The only thing you can really do is to control your eating habits. I also have this same problem if I dont eat properly I will go slighly hypo and get headaches and very tired. measured my BG as low as 38mg/dl.

Thread Information