NorCaLifter is offline Associate Member

short term insulin use?

I have used insulin once before for about twenty five days or so with dnp (to keep fat gain down).... I am currently running test prop 100mg eod and tren 100mg ed... and i am going to run dnp for about ten days at 400mg ed and was wondering about throwing in some insulin... i have a humalog pen ... just curious on thoughts on this subject... Will the insulin give me a great spike in strength and gains in the short ten days or is it pointless?

So nobody knows if using slin for a quick ten days will help yield any better results?

joevette is offline Banned
    It would for sure without the dnp , but sorry I don't have any experience with the two together. I've done them both seperatly.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    dnp + slin = dangerous, i remember someone posting me a link where it says that due to what dnp does, the use of slin makes it very risky

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    also,you'd be better served to run your prop ED instead of EOD

Well, i read a few pages in a book regarding running dnp with slin and it was in favor of it but... wanted to ask if anyone has done that before. But the main question is... can i run the slin for just that short amount of time about 14 days or so... will that result in quality gains or is it not long enough?

chances is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't DNP make you hotter the more carbs you eat? Sounds like DNP + slin is a recipe for disaster. Can't take in enough carbs because you will raise your core temprature too high and die, but if you don't take in the carbs, you'll go hypo and die. Seems like a pretty bad situation to put yourself in. But you say you've done it before so you know what to expect I guess.

Also, why would you use insulin to prevent fat gain? Especially while taking DNP? Once all your glycogen stores are full, insulin will force the deposition of fat and will actually block the breakdown of adipose tissue.

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning that the author of the book you read uses to favor DNP and insulin.

I've never taken DNP, and only done minimal research on its action in the body. I'm not sure how it actually effects the action of the insulin, but 10 days on insulin seems kind of short, so unless DNP hugely amplifies the action of the insulin, which I don't believe it would, it would seem to be a waste to me.

This is just a lot of supposition on my part from the minimal research I did on DNP several years ago and what I know of insulin, so bump for someone with actual experience.

chance
    Last edited by chances; 08-27-2004 at 10:07 PM.

steggs is offline Associate Member
    the only way to find out is to do it but just leave out the dnp , shouldnt be a prob if your only doing it for 10 days then u can start up the dnp again

Thread Information