PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

injecting insulin

im going to sound like a newbie asking this question but better safe then sorry. ive been doing roids for years but never tried insulin . decided its time to try so i wen and got 3 bottles of humalog. i have the insulin needles you are supposed to use but here is my question. the needle says 100u, is that 100ius or is 1ml=10ius. just wasnt sure. its numbered 1-10 so i assume 1 is 1iu and 2 is 2ius and 3 is 3 ius and so on. so obviously then 1ml which is to the full mark would be 10ius. will someome please let me know if i got this right. i dont want to end up shooting 50ius instead of 5ius. thanks, just making sure to be safe. i never used these needles before.

Cordoba is offline Junior Member
    No! 1ml = 100IU If you bought needles for U-100 insulin they should have 100 tick marks on them for every ML. Each tick mark would equal 1iu. So if you wanted to shoot 10iu it would be 1/10ml.

steggs is offline Associate Member
    yep 1ml=100ius be carful i read about a guy that went into a coma and died for mistaken 1ml for 1 iu ...fool

at least you have the the sence to ask the question bro

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Bump

PT
    thanks guys, wanted to make sure before i start. ive used 3 and 5cc syringes for the last couple years but never even saw these u-100 needles until i got them a couple days ago. good thing i ashed caus i thought 10ius would be 1ml

Doc Slin is offline Respected Member
    It doesnt really matter how IU's compare to ML's forget that, all you need to know is, Start with 5IU's and work your way up to 10 dont go any higher there is no need. Im not going to fully explain how to use insulin because if you dont already know put that **** down. Buy a box of U100 insulin syringes, its cheaper then buying a little bag full all the time, cause you will run out fast. I think a box at the local Pharmacy is like 40 bucks for like 10 bags. there is two different U100 syringes tho, They are either marked, in twos ex... 2,4,6,8,10 with lines inbetween, or i forgot how the other one is marked its not hard to tell, just make sure when you look at it your reading it correctly pretty common sense. be safe.,
    -Doc

bowie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    im going to sound like a newbie asking this question but better safe then sorry. ive been doing roids for years but never tried insulin. decided its time to try so i wen and got 3 bottles of humalog. i have the insulin needles you are supposed to use but here is my question. the needle says 100u, is that 100ius or is 1ml=10ius. just wasnt sure. its numbered 1-10 so i assume 1 is 1iu and 2 is 2ius and 3 is 3 ius and so on. so obviously then 1ml which is to the full mark would be 10ius. will someome please let me know if i got this right. i dont want to end up shooting 50ius instead of 5ius. thanks, just making sure to be safe. i never used these needles before.
    3 bottles! that's enough for years!

PT
    yea, i relaize that now. but i didnt know how much to take at the time.

Thread Information