ColdSore is offline Banned

useing insulin for the first time tonight...

-got a .5cc 28ga 1/2 insulin syringe filled to 5ius of humalog
    -one shaker has 40grams of dextrose, and 10grams of creatine to be taken 5 minutes post slin shot.
    -another shaker filled with 70 grams whey to be drinkin 20 minutes after the shot of slin.
    -have a bottle of glucose tabs in my bag, and some gatorade here at the house ready to go if i feel myself going hypo.
    - for my pwo meal i have a largen chiken breast and 1 cup of instant brown rice.

I think i have it all lined out.....wish me luck....

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck man, I will be trying this soon and maybe I'll try your pwo meal plan.

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Good Luck...let us know how it goes.

everything went great...shot was nothing compared to sticking a 25ga 1 inch in my bicep...and i feel fine, no signs of going hypo...

i opted to go with 8 grams of dex per iu, instead of 10 and i feel 100% fine...i think i will continue with 5 ius pwo through this week with the same 8grams per iu...

next week ill bump to 7or 8 ius and use 7 grams dex per iu....

no im just waiting to eat my chicken/rice, and watch some howard stern till i sack out

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    how long are you waiting before you sleep? I'm guessing you should wait at least 4 hours before sleeping while using humalog..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You really did reaseach ahead of time. Impressive. Anyway, you might feel comfortable dropping to as low as 6g per IU. I'd say wait at least 2 hrs before sleeping. Some might say more, but if your eating properly, there should be no reason for an IM injection to stay active that long.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    You really did reaseach ahead of time. Impressive. Anyway, you might feel comfortable dropping to as low as 6g per IU. I'd say wait at least 2 hrs before sleeping. Some might say more, but if your eating properly, there should be no reason for an IM injection to stay active that long.
    thanks...yeah....i read for a good few months and talked to alot of people...you had alot to do with my decideing to add slin to my regimine also...

and really bugged the **** out of einy and mallet...

but a few of your threads were also part of my research and inspiration to do so.

i took my slin at 12:05....dex/creatine at 12:10, and my protein at 12:25....no ill be eating at 1:25, as soon as im through typing this...and ill stay away till 3am...so 3 hours post slin intake

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    how long are you waiting before you sleep? I'm guessing you should wait at least 4 hours before sleeping while using humalog..
    going IM with humalog im wating 3 hours

made it till about 2:30 and got super tired and crashed out...im assumeing this was a sign of to many carbs????...but in my pwo blend, or in my actual pwo meal????

i also have a mild headache this morning....could this be due to anything, or has anyone ever experienced this when starting slin????...or is it just a coincedince?

ok well here are a few things that i have noticed since trying slin...

#1) i have ALOT more energy after my w/o is over and ive taken my shot, and drank my carbs and protein....

#2) after my ppwo i still feel verrrry hungary....like i could eat forever....and im haveing 80grams of whey pwo, then a large chiken breast and a 1/2 cup brown rice 1 hour later....so hunger is there for sure

#3) after i take my slin IM when it gets close to the 5 minute mark to take my dex and creatine my lips begin to get numb and tingly feeling....guessing this is a sign of hypo or something?

#4) im up about 2 lbs in 3 days...so im gaining wieght despite being in pct....i know im holding alot of water because ive stopped my arimidex , and ive added 15 grams of creatine daily....so this could be where the weight gain is coming from also...

#5) so far ive had no complecations and i like it!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Prepare to grow my friend...Peace

Vet@ Anabolic Impact
    Vet@ Anabolic Support

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    If your feeling signs of hypo then take your shake right away instead of waiting 5 min...
    Are you just shooting arms, or doing the bodypart you've worked that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    If your feeling signs of hypo then take your shake right away instead of waiting 5 min...
    Are you just shooting arms, or doing the bodypart you've worked that day?
    i dont feel threatened by the signs....just kinda noticed that close to the 5 min mark i start to feel my lips tingle and feel funny....

so far ive just shot bi's....ill also shoot calves, tris, and delts....i know a 1/2 inch pin wont have any prob going IM in these places...

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Sounds good to me!! keep this updated bro

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i dont feel threatened by the signs....just kinda noticed that close to the 5 min mark i start to feel my lips tingle and feel funny....

so far ive just shot bi's....ill also shoot calves, tris, and delts....i know a 1/2 inch pin wont have any prob going IM in these places...
    My point is...if your experiencing symptoms of hypo your body is going to signal your pancreas to start releasing insulin , this might have enough time before the feed back mechanisms can signal for the pancreas to hault production as a result of taking the slin IM..i know the sides are tolerable but they are not desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    My point is...if your experiencing symptoms of hypo your body is going to signal your pancreas to start releasing insulin, this might have enough time before the feed back mechanisms can signal for the pancreas to hault production as a result of taking the slin IM..i know the sides are tolerable but they are not desireable.
    ahhhh....i see...i get what your saying now

Thread Information