GymDog is offline Banned

Value/importance of insulin in AM?

Can anyone answer for me, from experience or knowledge, what is the benefit of injecting say, 10iu's of insulin upon waking up, as opposed to only using it post-workout? I ran insulin @ 16iu's PWO with good results, but I'm curious (for my next cycle) if adding 10iu's would improve the quality and/or quantity of my gains. Anyone have any experiences they would like to offer on using insulin in the AM?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you are running a risk of gettin fat if you wanna have AM shots. But then again, i was told if your using slin alone, then AM shots on OFF training days is good to stave off catabolism. Unsure why on OFF training days, and why apparently AM shots are more beneficial on OFF training days when not using AAS. I been trying to find an explenation to this coz I know its on here somewhere, but I cant find it.
    Last edited by Gear; 09-02-2004 at 02:14 AM.

GymDog is offline Banned
    Thanks, Gear. I actually lost fat running 16iu's/day PWO on my last bulk cycle, even when consuming fat (small amounts) during my spike. I know running AAS w/ insulin combats fat storage (or so I've read...), so this is why I was curious whether 10iu's in the AM, along with 20iu's PWO, would yield me better results (w/o fat) than I would just running 20iu's PWO w/ AAS...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    That's a lot of IU. I'm assuming you are running Humalog, and I'm not sure where you're reading the info on combating fat storage with AAS, it just yields a higher rate of protein synthesis since both slin and AAS can do that. I personally don't see the need in A) going that high in IU, (Unless you weigh 250+), and B) doing AM injections unless you mind gaining a little bit of fat. During a bulk it's not a bad idea, but other than that, I never really saw the benefiet. The amount of catabolism that is staved off isn't as much as you would think.

GymDog is offline Banned
    Thanks, for your response, Rambo. I use Humulin-R, for convenience. Why hassle with getting it online, when I can walk into any pharmacy and buy a bottle of Humulin-R? You may think it's worth the hassle, but I've seen great results from Humulin-R, and see no reason to switch. About the "AAS + slin = minimal fat storage" thing, I'll look into it. I read it somewhere on this board...

Just fyi, I weigh 245 lbs, @ 7% bf, so I think I'm close enough to 250 to run such high doses of insulin . I've never gained fat on ANY of my cycles, even w/o slin, partly due to genetics, and partly due to my diet. So, just curious, are you saying that there is no benefit to AM slin injections, and you'll almost certainly add fat if you do?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    Thanks, for your response, Rambo. I use Humulin-R, for convenience. Why hassle with getting it online, when I can walk into any pharmacy and buy a bottle of Humulin-R? You may think it's worth the hassle, but I've seen great results from Humulin-R, and see no reason to switch. About the "AAS + slin = minimal fat storage" thing, I'll look into it. I read it somewhere on this board...

Just fyi, I weigh 245 lbs, @ 7% bf, so I think I'm close enough to 250 to run such high doses of insulin . I've never gained fat on ANY of my cycles, even w/o slin, partly due to genetics, and partly due to my diet. So, just curious, are you saying that there is no benefit to AM slin injections, and you'll almost certainly add fat if you do?
    The reason having Humalog is better is because of the way you can control it. The onset is much quicker. IN other words, it's in and out, and you're able to take care of it quickly. Humalin-R has a longer activity life, and therefore is harder to gauge when you'll go hypo. I'm not going to knock it for you if it works, those certainly are excelent stats. You've got a great metabolism if you're never adding fat, so my advice is to give it a shot for two weeks, and see how it goes. If you don't see a benefit, then you can skip AM injections. Sometimes experimentation is the only way.

GymDog is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    The reason having Humalog is better is because of the way you can control it. The onset is much quicker. IN other words, it's in and out, and you're able to take care of it quickly. Humalin-R has a longer activity life, and therefore is harder to gauge when you'll go hypo. I'm not going to knock it for you if it works, those certainly are excelent stats. You've got a great metabolism if you're never adding fat, so my advice is to give it a shot for two weeks, and see how it goes. If you don't see a benefit, then you can skip AM injections. Sometimes experimentation is the only way.
    Very true. Thanks, Rambo...

Thread Information