09-10-2004, 12:38 AM #1Anabolic Member
- Join Date
- May 2002
Very good read: Fake NUTROPIN AQ announced by manufactuer of the real product
The real manufactuer of NUTROPIN and NUTROPIN AQ is working with the FDA to announce counterfits. Detailed information with pictures is given below.
The following information was taken from the real manufactuer of NUTROPIN and NUTROPIN AQ (HGH):
Nutropin AQ® [somatropin (rDNA origin) injection]
Important Counterfeit Drug Warning Counterfeiting of Nutropin AQ®
May 22, 2001
Dear Pharmacist, Health Care Professional and Patient:
Genentech, Inc. recently became aware of the existence in the U.S. of a counterfeit drug product labeled as Nutropin AQ® 10 mg vials in 6-pack boxes. In cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug administration (FDA), Genentech is informing patients, physicians, pharmacies and wholesalers about this serious health risk. The safety of our patients is of utmost importance and we are cooperating fully with the FDA to investigate this matter and prevent the further distribution of counterfeit product. To our knowledge, the counterfeit product has only been found in distribution in the U.S.
In at least one case the FDA has determined that a vial contained human insulin . In the event that patients have used the counterfeit product they should contact their physician immediately.
The counterfeit product, which is definitely not Nutropin AQ®, was neither manufactured nor distributed by Genentech and may pose a serious health risk to patients. The following Lot Numbers/Expiration Dates have been identified as potential counterfeit drug. Please follow information below to confirm:
Lot No. L9101A4, Expiration May 2002
Lot No. L9504A2, Expiration April 2002
Lot No. L9504A3, Expiration December 2001
The following information may help in determining if the product you have is counterfeit or actual Nutropin AQ® manufactured and distributed by Genentech. Pharmacists, all other health care providers and patients should examine the product before use.
Below are a list of features to compare counterfeit product with authentic Nutropin AQ® with pictures illustrating these differences.
Physicians, please convey this information to your staff and any others who prescribe this product so you can all help alert patients. If you, your staff, or your patients suspect that you are in possession of any counterfeit product, please contact your dispensing pharmacy or contact the FDA Drug Information Branch, Center For Drugs, at (301) 827-4570.
Distributors, if you receive any product that you suspect is counterfeit, quarantine it, store it under labeled conditions, and promptly contact the FDA Division of Drug Information at (301) 827-4570.
Differentiating Packaging Features to Identify Counterfeit Product Features of Counterfeit Product
Features of Authentic Nutropin AQ®
Six Pack Carton: Figure 1
- Inside folding of the carton is different
- Bottom outside back flap extends to two corners of the box (there are distinct differences).
- Regular stock paper is whiter and thicker.
- Dimensions are 11" x 7", unfolded.
- Color of brand name flash is darker
- Bar code measure is 18 mm.
- Paper is off-white, thin, light-weight.
- Dimensions are 11.4" x 7", unfolded.
- Color of brand name flash is lighter.
- Bar code is wider and measures 20 mm.
- Font (type) of lot number and Expiration date is different, with numbers zero, 2, 4, 5, 9 rounded.
- Print is darker and thicker.
- Height (width) of label is approximately 19 mm.
- Blue and red product blocks are shorter.
- Font (type) of letters and numbers of the lot and expiration date is squared.
- Print is crisp and lighter.
- Height (width) of label is approximately 20 mm.
- Blue and red product blocks are taller.
Vial: Figure 3
- Shoulder is more square and higher.
- Width of vial neck is approximately 10.5 mm.
- Shoulder is more rounded.
- Width of vial neck is approximately 9.9 mm.
- For lot number L9504A2, solution is cloudy at room temperature but clear when refrigerated.
- Solution is clear.
- Underside of flip cap is smooth.
- Underside of flip cap has 6 notches.
- After removing the flip cap, the top surface of the aluminum seal covering the stopper is indented with smooth even metal edge.
- After removing the flip cap, the top surface of the aluminum seal covering the stopper is indented with 6 dents on the metal edge.
Stopper: Figure 5
- Portion of stopper inserted into the vial has an extra shoulder.
- Portion of stopper inserted into the vial is smooth.
Other Contact Information FDA Media Contact: Laura Bradbard (301) 827-6252
Genentech Customer Service Department: 1-800-551-2231
Genentech Media Contacts: Marie Kennedy (650) 225-8751 or Sabrina Johnson (650) 225-2742
Nutropin AQ® is used for the treatment of growth failure due to inadequate endogenous growth hormone secretion in children and is self-administered daily through subcutaneous injection.
Last edited by BASK8KACE; 09-10-2004 at 12:57 AM.
09-10-2004, 12:45 AM #2
wow. good lookin out b!
09-10-2004, 03:30 AM #3
F*****G counterfits, it just doesnt stop.
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM #4
They've been out for a year or more
09-10-2004, 12:20 PM #5New Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
thanx for posting that bro.... im supposed to get hooked with some kits next week.... and I bet they are bs.
09-10-2004, 01:29 PM #6New Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
This is the type of quality, practicle info needed on a regular basis. No rumors and misinformation. The pictures and references to the manufacureres website increases posting validity.
09-10-2004, 01:34 PM #7
Great Post Bro!!!
XXLSOURCE CHECKS ONLY FOR USERS WITH OVER 100 POSTS.
All of the Statements made by Mr. Mike_XXL are purely fictional and have absolutely no merit and are not meant to cure, prevent or diagnose any disease, please consult your Physician before starting any exercise and supplement regiment.
Canadian proud, Northern muscle baby!
09-10-2004, 03:01 PM #8Originally Posted by lowboy
09-21-2004, 10:33 AM #9
This needs to be read by more Bros
09-21-2004, 12:30 PM #10Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
Isnt that info from clear back in 01? I dont even think those pictures are representative of what the NutAQ vials look like anymore. I have AQ on hand from a VERY reputable source and it looks nothing like the stuff in the old 2001 brochures. the new product is in vials that have aqua and black trim. Below is a link directly to the genetech nutropin site. Several of the brochures show you what the current product looks like.
the direct link doesnt seem to work so after clicking it select the Nutropin AQ product reference guide. This has a picture of what I believe to be the current "look" of Nutropin AQ"
Last edited by zaarel; 09-21-2004 at 07:28 PM. Reason: adding info
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM #11New Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
good look'n out
07-23-2005, 06:19 PM #12
greetings, this hgh is of 192, where the pueo to obtain? thanks
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)