m16a2 is offline Senior Member

IGF Prep Questions

I have read countless posts and many articles that explain how to prep/use R3 Long IGF (IGF from hereon).

I am trying to figure out which method is optimal. I want to prepare 1mg IGF for a 25 day cycle @ 40mcg/day split into 20mcg wakeup and 20mcg pwo.

One method I read was to mix the IGF powder in 1ml of BA and then dilute it with 24ml of BW. However, due to the instability of IGF and the required acidity, this method seemed wasteful.

Another method was to dilute the 1mg of IGF into 1 ML of sterilized white vineger. And then dilute that with 24ml of BW. Then in order to preserve the IGF, the idea was to put the IGF into seperate (5) vials, and freeze 4 of them until you need them.

Whatever method you use, I have some questions that require some clarification. BW, and slin pins are easy enough to get. Do you just pick up white vineger from the store and run it through a whatman filter? Would that be sterile? If not, how would you get sterile white vineger for using for the IGF prep. Second, I have read credible articles that specify the method of IGF to be SC (subcutaneous) vs. IM. Of course, pwo many are saying to inject IM using a slin needle. Last time I checked, slin needles aren't going to be long enough to go IM. So does that mean that we do SC near the worked muscle groups?

The last question is about the 'frozen' vials. Obviously, alcohol cannot be frozen, but it can certainly get near frozen. Does that mean that when we remove one vial from the freezer and move it into the fridge for using for injects, do we inject it while the solution is close to freezing?

Thank you for the help, and all who will offer some clarification to these questions.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I use LR3 that been suspended in BA and it works fine, I've never added BW to it then store it. I do draw up some sterile water then the LR3 in the pin

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I use LR3 that been suspended in BA and it works fine, I've never added BW to it then store it. I do draw up some sterile water then the LR3 in the pin

JohnnyB

for the LR3, you just leave it suspended in the BA, disolved in 1 ml of BA? How much BA do you use, and how does that feel when you inject then? Are you injecting IV or SubQ? You mean BW or sterile water?

Ok, I found another forum that has more information than our beloved AR. I read up and will revise my questions accordingly.

- When do you inject sub-q and when IM? IM just for pwo and sub-q for mornings and off days?
    - Do you leave the BA with IGF dissolved (1ML) in the freezer and just draw out for injects?
    - Are you indeed using the good ole slin pins, 29gx.5 1cc? And does it still leave you with a bite after filling most of the pin with bw?

That's all. Most of this is just confirmatory to make sure I don't screw anything up.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    m16a2 can you post the link to that thread? i too have this confusion. i think at this point, im lead to believe that the ba/vinager are 2 totally seperate methods of preserving the igf as it is very unstable.

Method 1: mix with ba
    now the igf can be kept sub 0 degrees celcius. this will lead to less degeneration

Method 2: mix with vinager:
    IGF needs to be in a slightly acidic medium to survive. however i think the confusion here is that you can freeze it! this HAS to ruin the igf. think about it waters expands when frozen. thats gunna put pressure on the igf molecules.

i think either version will work well. but if you put BA in the soloution, keep it in the freezer as long as possible. and if you do the vinager method, DO NOT freeze it.

anything have anything else to say please correct me, because your kind words could save me my $300/2mg of igf!!

Quote Originally Posted by m16a2
    Ok, I found another forum that has more information than our beloved AR. I read up and will revise my questions accordingly.

- When do you inject sub-q and when IM? IM just for pwo and sub-q for mornings and off days?
    - Do you leave the BA with IGF dissolved (1ML) in the freezer and just draw out for injects?
    - Are you indeed using the good ole slin pins, 29gx.5 1cc? And does it still leave you with a bite after filling most of the pin with bw?

That's all. Most of this is just confirmatory to make sure I don't screw anything up.
    answers:
    there is diversity in the answers youll get. i think jonnyb will tell you that subq is just as good as IM. i could be wrong on that but i remember a reputable bro telling me that. the half life of igf r3 is about 6 hours, so if this were straight igf, maybe IM would be better.

Yes you just mix 1ml of ba to the solution, and KEEP IT IN THE FREEZER. ive heard that the bw can ruin the igf if it does not have an acidic agent, so maybe draw your portion of igf into the pin first, then draw out some bw to dampen the sting.

yes they are good ol' slin pins.

hope that helped.

Thanks bro, it just confirmed what I was already thinking. I've been reading some posts by bros on other boards who only use igf pwo or on wo days. Others use it bilaterially pwo. Others use less on wo days vs. rest days. I wish there was some definitive comparision between these, but I guess testing it out would be the only way to find out.

well imo (no scientific proof, but makes GOOD sense), if you split it into 3 doses youd be best. it has a 6-8 hour half life, there for sleep 8 hours, take it before and after bed, and in the middle of the day. that splits the day into 3 8 hour chunks. but then theres the theory not to take it before bed. i peronally think before bed is the BEST time, only cause you grow when you sleep! who the fuk knows were just fukin juice monkeys not scientests. scientests have better things to be researching.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin444
    well imo (no scientific proof, but makes GOOD sense), if you split it into 3 doses youd be best. it has a 6-8 hour half life, there for sleep 8 hours, take it before and after bed, and in the middle of the day. that splits the day into 3 8 hour chunks. but then theres the theory not to take it before bed. i peronally think before bed is the BEST time, only cause you grow when you sleep! who the fuk knows were just fukin juice monkeys not scientests. scientests have better things to be researching.
    I'm not sure where you got your info from, but everywhere I have read the half life of LR3 IGF is 12-18 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by m16a2
    I'm not sure where you got your info from, but everywhere I have read the half life of LR3 IGF is 12-18 hours.
    wtf see thats the problem with lr3igf everyone seems to have contradicting opinions.

brother marlin, it is not about opinions, it is about what the research shows. Try doing a search on google.com on long r3 igf. I promise the first 10 results will offer you closure on your uncertainties.

Thread Information