angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

natural glood glucose levels

by BGL has been very weird. Just got my monitor yesterday, and 4 hours after my slin shot (6iu humalog IM) i was at 51 mg/dl for my blood glucose... that is 4 HOURS later. Then later on after i ate it went up to 76.

Now i just tested it before a pro/fat meal, had oatmeal and a shake 2 and ahalf hours ago, and its 67mg/dl right now... is this normal?

i experienced no hypo symptoms at all yesterday when i was at 51mg/dl....

input?

updating. Just finished a brutal shoulder workout..,... shot 10iu of humalog IM into my left mid delt at 1:59. Tested blood glucose right after the shot, like 1 min later, i was at 80mg/dl.
    Then 5 min after shot i drank 80g dextrose, and 10g creatine@2:04

5 minutes after dex and creatine my blood glucose was again, 80mg/dl @2:09

15 min after dex and creatine @ 2:19 my blood glucose was 87mg/dl
    then in downed my ~75g whey protein.

I will be taking my reading again at the 40 minute mark @ 2:39. my PPWO meal will be at the 1 hour 15 minute mark @3:14, and will consist of 2 english muffins, some chicken breast, and 1 scoop of whey. about 55 protein, 50 carbs, like 1 or 2 fat...

i will post my reading at 2:39 right after i take it!

Took my 2:39 reading. slight drop now to 75mg/dl 40 mins post slin shot...

God dammit i only have 1 test strip left now, so i am going to test right before i have my ppwo meal at the 1hour 15minute mark. i would test again after, but thats obviously not happenin!

anybody have any input as to why my blood glucose is soo stable after my insulin shot?

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Dude, your blood glucose is on the verge of being dangerously (coma) low! You may want to ask one of the vets on board about possibly lowering your slin dose (but I guess you probably already knew that).

Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph
    Dude, your blood glucose is on the verge of being dangerously (coma) low! You may want to ask one of the vets on board about possibly lowering your slin dose (but I guess you probably already knew that).
    Yes i know the 51 was low, but i felt no hypoglycemic symptoms at all, and had 20g of dextrose on me also. That was at 6iu after pwo, ppwo, and pppwo!!!!

Today i took all those readings at 10IU in my shot, and again, felt no hypo symptoms at all. I had a water bottle with about 50g dex in water with me the whole time...

should i be concerned? I'm going to buy more test strips and test where my levels are normally pre-meal, because it seems odd to me that i was that stable after my shot. I know my insulin is real, it is Humalog and just arrived here 2 days ago from a canadian pharmacy!

input?

What is your body weight?

What is your body weight?
    about 195

First of all, you might check to see if your bg meter is coded correctly to match your test strips (if the wrong code is entered, you will get an incorrect reading). If that is correct, then you may want to start checking your fasting levels (pre-meal) & compare that w/ your readings about 30 minutes after your log shot (Humalog has an approximate 20 minute onset of action). Best of luck.

First of all, you might check to see if your bg meter is coded correctly to match your test strips (if the wrong code is entered, you will get an incorrect reading). If that is correct, then you may want to start checking your fasting levels (pre-meal) & compare that w/ your readings about 30 minutes after your log shot (Humalog has an approximate 20 minute onset of action). Best of luck.
    yes its got the right code in it. second, i shot the humalog IM so onset is much quicker!

Sorry, bro...all out of thoughts on this one.

joevette is offline Banned
    If your bg was 51 while the slin was active that would be a very bad thing, but since it's 4 hours later it's not too bad. Your muscles are full of glucose and don't require any more at that point in time. It also depends on how your liver responds to low bg, it can make up for low bg some. Are you taking Dextrose PWO? I once took maltodextrin by mistake and had very stable bg levels. There is a thread on here where I compared my bg values with dex and with malto. As long as you're not feeling hypo and watching you bg values I would not be worried about a low reading, mine's ussually around 60 right before my second meal.

BTW, your profile says you're only 19. That's kinda young for all this especially the AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    If your bg was 51 while the slin was active that would be a very bad thing, but since it's 4 hours later it's not too bad. Your muscles are full of glucose and don't require any more at that point in time. It also depends on how your liver responds to low bg, it can make up for low bg some. Are you taking Dextrose PWO? I once took maltodextrin by mistake and had very stable bg levels. There is a thread on here where I compared my bg values with dex and with malto. As long as you're not feeling hypo and watching you bg values I would not be worried about a low reading, mine's ussually around 60 right before my second meal.

BTW, your profile says you're only 19. That's kinda young for all this especially the AAS.
    The age deal is a matter of speculation and opinion. I do not think i am too young, and i am doing this AAS cycle to grow taller, while putting muscle on. I know what i'm doing/getting into,...

thank you for the help, the low BG did concern me. Yes i outlined everything i did above for my workout....You didn't answer my main question though,,,,
    why were my blood glucose levels soo stable after my shot? it stayed right in that 70-80 area, before dextrose, after dextrose, and all in between! shouldn't i see more variation?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    The age deal is a matter of speculation and opinion. I do not think i am too young, and i am doing this AAS cycle to grow taller, while putting muscle on. I know what i'm doing/getting into,...

thank you for the help, the low BG did concern me. Yes i outlined everything i did above for my workout....You didn't answer my main question though,,,,
    why were my blood glucose levels soo stable after my shot? it stayed right in that 70-80 area, before dextrose, after dextrose, and all in between! shouldn't i see more variation?
    man i dont have a clue either...me and you are the exact oposite...my BG levels spike and drop within a matter of minutes...if im just 2-3 min off of my 2nd meal i start going hypo...in fact i would never make it to 1 hour, 15min to eat meal 2...i have to have it exactly 40 minutes after my shake...or 1 hour after the shot...on the fukkin money...i dont know though...to bad einys as had to do what he did

yea it is too bad.... i know this is weird. No matter what drugs i take its like my body has a tolerance to everything, painkillers, clen , ephedrine, insulin , etc. hell i hit 250mcg of clen and barely had any sides when using spiropent,,,, wtf is that????

yea i dont even have to eat my second meal, its fukked up. yesterday i felt slightly hypo after an hour and 25 mins when i made my ppwo meal. only a tiny tiny headache though. i dont understand it,, in all my injection days except one i've felt as if i could just skip the meal no problems...
    makes me think my insulin is bunk, but it just got here from a canadian pharmacy about a week ago!

just bumpin this up to see if anybody else has ideas? If you've used humalog from a canadian pharmacy online before, PM me so i can see if my source is decent. I'm starting to question the quality of the insulin , but if it was fake it was a **** good fake. In the eli lilly bottle with the eli-lilly molded snap off plastic cap, in the humalog box with the medical info sheet...

anybody else think it could have been faked? i dont understand why they would fake slin, especially since its a legitimate company!

ColdSore is offline Banned
    just bumpin this up to see if anybody else has ideas? If you've used humalog from a canadian pharmacy online before, PM me so i can see if my source is decent. I'm starting to question the quality of the insulin , but if it was fake it was a **** good fake. In the eli lilly bottle with the eli-lilly molded snap off plastic cap, in the humalog box with the medical info sheet...

anybody else think it could have been faked? i dont understand why they would fake slin, especially since its a legitimate company!
    i dont think it was faked...but you know what i think you should do to test it

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i dont think it was faked...but you know what i think you should do to test it
    haha ya bro i'll get right on that/... maybe my dog will volunteer?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    anybody have any input as to why my blood glucose is soo stable after my insulin shot?
    it is possable you are slightly diabetic..normal blood sugar levels are between 75 and 120 mg/dl.when blood sugar levels are low (51 mg/dl) insulins opposing hormone glucagon can break down muscle tissue and reduce glycogen stores.so you never want it to go below 75 for obvious reasons.if i were you i would get a blood test to see if you are diabetic...goodluck

yea it is too bad.... i know this is weird. No matter what drugs i take its like my body has a tolerance to everything, painkillers, clen , ephedrine, insulin , etc. hell i hit 250mcg of clen and barely had any sides when using spiropent,,,, wtf is that????

yea i dont even have to eat my second meal, its fukked up. yesterday i felt slightly hypo after an hour and 25 mins when i made my ppwo meal. only a tiny tiny headache though. i dont understand it,, in all my injection days except one i've felt as if i could just skip the meal no problems...
    makes me think my insulin is bunk, but it just got here from a canadian pharmacy about a week ago!
    whats your diet like,if it is high in carbs then your glycogen stores in your liver could be high enough where you wouldn't need a second meal ppwo.but you should still eat it for the nutrient uptake benefit.i get my slin from canada,never heard of anyone faking it.never had a problem with it

its not fake, just a possibility that crossed my mind. as for carbs i take in about 400g a day right now, but my post insulin administration glucose levels would still drop a lot though. No i am not diabetic, i know that for a fact. Weird. I"m going to buy more test strips on monday, and my buddy is gonna work out with me, and i'm gonna hit us both (4 iu for him 12 for me)...take both our levels at set intervals, etc.

btw coldstone thanks for the idea

its not fake, just a possibility that crossed my mind. as for carbs i take in about 400g a day right now, but my post insulin administration glucose levels would still drop a lot though. No i am not diabetic, i know that for a fact. Weird. I"m going to buy more test strips on monday, and my buddy is gonna work out with me, and i'm gonna hit us both (4 iu for him 12 for me)...take both our levels at set intervals, etc.
    goodluck bro

Thread Information