BigGenes is offline Member

Question about GH production in the body

I have been making cycles for people for a long time. I know my ins and outs of just about everything when it comes to juice, clen , and supps. But I am not as knowledged about GH. I know a little and I know that I have heard alot of things that have often been untrue. You see I was under the impression that once a GH cycle is run you then shut down your natural GH production in your body. But I have seen several times here that you guys use PCT for GH cycles. I never read the thread, I am lazy. Why would a person use a PCT for a gh cycle unless there was a way to get his natural GH levels back to normal. Please enlighten me. I am 23 and the only reason I have never run GH is b/c I know I don't wanta shut down my natural GH production at 23. I read into it and your body pretty much stops prodcucing GH at ruffly 32, well it still produces but at such a low amount it really doesn't matter. So to be honest I have been planning a GH cycle for my 32nd B-day lol Please don't flame me, I really am just curious as to the truth behind GH and your natural production of it after cycling it.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, what he said.....

BigGenes is offline Member
    Thank you very much!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump.

xxample (GH, natural production)

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've been concerned about suppression myself so thanx RedBaron for the info, it's helpful.

I dug up a couple studies, though I'm afraid I've lost the URLs.
    Here's some quotes from one in relation to suppression...

Lanzi R, Tannenbaum GS. Journal of Endocrinology
    Department of Pediatrics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

"Endogenous pulsatile GH secretion is blunted by the administration of exogenous GH; however, few data are available on the time course of GH negative feedback, and the mechanism by which this occurs still remains unclear." So they injected rats for five days and..."During the subsequent 4- to 8-h period, recovery of spontaneous GH secretory bursts was evident, and neither the GH peak amplitude nor mean 4-h plasma GH level of rhGH-treated rats was significantly different from that of H2O-injected controls."

Conclusion: " 1) the inhibitory effect of rhGH on endogenous pulsatile GH release is of short duration (approximately 4 h); 2) the time course of this response does not change after 5-day repeated rhGH administration; and 3) the feedback effect of GH on its own spontaneous release is exerted, at least in part, by increasing hypothalamic SRIF secretion. Such a mechanism of GH feedback may be important in the physiological control of pulsatile GH secretion."

This backs up what RedBaron sez above, at least for rats.
    So if you're a rat, not to worry.
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 09-28-2004 at 03:38 PM.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps this is the basis for people going five days then taking two off?

Thread Information