crane is offline Associate Member

dextrose substatute

i just took my first shot 3iu this morning and took creatine with 45 grams of powder sugar (cheap grape crap that come in a round container for making quart or gallon size drinks) etc.. coolaid.

will this type of sugar be ok to use? or do i really need to get some dextrose?
    felt like **** afterwords too!
    any flames appreciated

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    yes you actually need dex. it was extremely unintelligent to attempt insulin use before having any knowledge of what you are doing. If you did have this knowledge, you would realize that dex is necessary. It is a good thing you only tried using 3iu. if you had done something around 8-10 you might not be posting right now!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Slin is the one thing that scares me and I use DNP like its no problem and 2g of test bro. Slin is no joke. Know everything about this **** before you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Slin is the one thing that scares me and I use DNP like its no problem and 2g of test bro. Slin is no joke. Know everything about this **** before you use it.
    my thoughts exactly. i'm using it now, but i keep an extra 30g dex/water in a bottle, and carry it around for 2 hours, just to be safe!

i agree with you however i work with someone who is insulin dependant and he grabs a coke or a candy bar or what ever else he has and he doesn't even know what dextrose is. he takes about 3 shots a day of humulog at around 6-10 iu total.

hes still alive.

i keep alot of glucose on hand just in case.

So in other words i think that dextrose is a little bit hyped up.
    if you have any other reason to take dextrose beside me dieing i think i will survive.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    They are not refuting that glucose will work, but if you just drink a coke or candy bar you will no doubt get fat (depending on dosage). Dextrose is easy to measure and most prefer to use it with slin.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I use Maltodextrin with great success, so i wold say that Dextrose is not neccessary, but it might be ideal, but as i said maltodextrin (corn sugar) works great it is a complex carbohydrate which is metabolised same way and speed as dextrose...XXL

yea mikes right on this one. You dont really need DEX per se, you need a pure form of carbohydrate that is fat free, and easily/accurately measured!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say dex is probably the best thing to use, but I have never used it. I always use maltodextrin after my slin shot. I have gone up to 10IU PWO with 60g malto and had no problems.

thanks guys! just ordered my dextross(now brand)
    have to wait a week though that sucks
    should i keep going with the cheap sugar and keep my iu down or just stop and wait for the dex?

i am taking humalin r at pwo i take a shot at 3iu, right after that i take my creatine and sugar(cheap sh*t) shake. i notice i get very tired so i keep taking glucose tabs to be sure i am safe.

am i tired because not enough sugar or too much sugar? by the way i work out at 4am which is why i take hum r.

i know what comes next (i should be checking my blood with a meter) yeah i know but for a cheap ass like me i can't afford at this time.

by the way did my post# go down? is that possible? i guess i was posting on other sights and not this one. that is wierd i am always in this sight.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I use Maltodextrin with great success, so i wold say that Dextrose is not neccessary, but it might be ideal, but as i said maltodextrin (corn sugar) works great it is a complex carbohydrate which is metabolised same way and speed as dextrose...XXL
    thats the thing i never got about maltodextrin. Its supposedly complex, but still fast acting as dex. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    thats the thing i never got about maltodextrin. Its supposedly complex, but still fast acting as dex. Weird.
    High GI foods are usually simple carbohydrates, while low GI foods are complex carbohydrates. Bot dont be fooled by the terms "complex and simple". Not all high GI foods are simple, and not all low GI foods are complex. For example, baked potatoes are classified as complex carbs, but yet are fast acting (easily digested). Foods with high GI will maintain the blood glucose level for a short period of time, perhaps an hour or so whilst those with a low GI will provide for more sustained glucose level. Dont judge foods by what they are classified as, eg; complex or simple, instead look at the glycemic index. This way you will be more accurate. Hope that helped

Quote Originally Posted by crane
    thanks guys! just ordered my dextross(now brand)
    have to wait a week though that sucks
    should i keep going with the cheap sugar and keep my iu down or just stop and wait for the dex?

i am taking humalin r at pwo i take a shot at 3iu, right after that i take my creatine and sugar(cheap sh*t) shake. i notice i get very tired so i keep taking glucose tabs to be sure i am safe.

am i tired because not enough sugar or too much sugar? by the way i work out at 4am which is why i take hum r.

i know what comes next (i should be checking my blood with a meter) yeah i know but for a cheap ass like me i can't afford at this time.
    I like to do things properly, so I would just wait for your dex to arrive. One week wait isnt that bad. Tiredness is a side effect that slin creates. However, tiredness is one of the symptoms of hypoglecemia, so be carefull and make sure you never run out of those glucose tabs you have, they can very easily save your life, and while your on slin, those glucose tabs are your best friend.

Thanks gear
    i will take your advice
    i appreciate the quik response

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Another suggestion in locating dextrose and maltodextrin is to crack open the phone book and see if there is a brewery/home brew supply store in your area, I was suprised to find one about 10 miles up the road.

notkwite is offline Junior Member
    my m8 didnt use dex either. he was pumping in 12iu's, then having a huge feed with protein/simple & complex carb meal and cordial. he then went straight to bed no worries. mind you, he has used slin several times b4.

Thread Information