Thread: hgh for a teen

Nicky B is offline Senior Member

Question hgh for a teen

have a friend who is 16 and 5'11 and wants to get to 6'1 wants to use hgh for this. How much and how long would he need to use it

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Hes only 16 i bet he can grow 2 inches naturally before his growth plates close at 22. So my answer would be for him not to take HGH. He has enough natural GH in his body to get him to 6'1"

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Any info on taking GH in teen years for growth should be answered by a DR. so doses can be monitored. You won't find that info on a message board. And like deacon said, he will probably grow more naturally. 5'11 is not short. Does his reason for Growth involve sports?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Any info on taking GH in teen years for growth should be answered by a DR. so doses can be monitored. You won't find that info on a message board. And like deacon said, he will probably grow more naturally. 5'11 is not short. Does his reason for Growth involve sports?
    exactly right. This is not the place for those kind of answers. The ONLY place he should get that kind of cousel is from his Dr.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    I agree

JohnnyB

toolman is offline Banned
    At 16 and 5'11" he is normal or above in range. I would not screw with the endocrine system of a growing child if there are no deficiencies. Tell him to wait as he has years to grow and shouldn't screw with natures course. The only young ones this is medically prescribed for are dwarf range.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    i concur with what everybody else said. Even though i rant and rave about the whole GH and age issue, and it CAN be effectively used at any age, at 16 and 5'11" he would want to be closely monitored by an endocrinologist for sure! He would need constant growth studies to be performed, etc. If he didn't he could end up with disproportionate growth,etc.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    At 16 and 5'11" he is normal or above in range. I would not screw with the endocrine system of a growing child if there are no deficiencies. Tell him to wait as he has years to grow and shouldn't screw with natures course. The only young ones this is medically prescribed for are dwarf range.
    your wrong about the dwarf thing though toolman. growth hormone is presribed to many adolescents for many reasons, some being GHD, ISS, Turners syndrome....as well as healthy adolscents who are not happy with their current height! They just need monitoring to decide whether supraphysiological growth hormone levels would be beneficial, or would create more adverse effects than wanted!

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    thanks for all the in put guys. even though i propley wont be able to change his mind i have a talk with him you know NEEDLE TO VAIL.

Thread Information