berniec is offline Junior Member

? for AM slin users

what does ur first few meals look like after you shoot??

Right now my first meal is a weight gainer shake, but its got 9g of fat in it, so my logic tells me thats more then i wanna be taking in during the slins activity period -- so what do u ppl eat in the morning?? Wake up and grill up some chicken?? I dont mind that at 5 in the afternoon after i train but at 9am putting me near a stove half asleep could be dangerous lol

pontyboy is offline Junior Member
    do you mean that you are injecting before you train

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    you should take it PWO. I take it in the morning but I train at 5:30 AM. I have whey protien with 100g of dextrose and 10g of creatine. Then an hour later I have eggs and a baked potatoe or oatmeal and some more whey. How does this sound to everyone? I also get pretty tired.

my bad i was running out to dinner when i posted, i should have been more clear -- I was refering to those who take it twice a day; once in the morning and again PWO. I've done it before PWO but usually consumed a shake with about 8g of dextrose per IU of slin, and 10g of glutamine, and 10g of creatine, and then some chicken and brown rice as meals afterwards, since they both have relitively low fat. Was wondering what those who take it first thing in the morning are doing as far as meals are concered

thanx

superbeast is offline Member
    Exactly what type of insulin are we talking about? Humulin-R, Humalog, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast
    Exactly what type of insulin are we talking about? Humulin-R, Humalog, etc?
    in my case i'm running whichever is the shorter acting one of the two, i believe its Humulin -R but not 100%

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldnt really take slin 2 times p/day. Either PWO, or in the AM as it can be good to stave off catabolism. As far as "fat intake" goes, if your using slin in the AM, then your AM nutrition intake doesnt have to be any different to the nutrition you have in the PM while slin is active. I think the main concern is that we dont intake fats while slin is active. Foods like oatmeal, tuna, rice cooked in water, baked potatoes like bihjohnr mentioned above is a good source of food while slin is active. And by the way berniec, it is Humalog that is the quikest acting (4hrs). Good luck.
    Last edited by Gear; 10-05-2004 at 08:58 PM.

Because foods like rice, potatoes, and tuna arent really breakfast foods, they are more something you have for lunch or dinner. Berniec wants to know what we eat out of the breakfast foods section while slin is active. Well that is hard to say, apart from oatmeal and egg whites, sometimes you just have to cook up some rice in the morning or some potatoes. Like I said above, if your using slin in the AM, assuming you are eating the right foods, then your AM food doesnt have to be any different to PM as long as the "fat factor" is at minimum.
    Last edited by Gear; 10-05-2004 at 11:21 PM.

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Just cook up several chicken breasts in advance and keep them at the ready in the fridge for a quick AM nuke. Sliced chicken on multi grain bread with a little spicy mustard makes for a good meal.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I wouldnt really take slin 2 times p/day. Either PWO, or in the AM as it can be good to stave off catabolism. As far as "fat intake" goes, if your using slin in the AM, then your AM nutrition intake doesnt have to be any different to the nutrition you have in the PM while slin is active. I think the main concern is that we dont intake fats while slin is active. Foods like oatmeal, tuna, rice cooked in water, baked potatoes like bihjohnr mentioned above is a good source of food while slin is active. And by the way berniec, it is Humalog that is the quikest acting (4hrs). Good luck.
    HI gear,
    wondering y r u saying not to take fats while slin is active?
    can u deatil please ...
    Rem.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    if you eat fat while slin (the STORAGE hormone) is active, guess what happens to the fat?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    if you eat fat while slin (the STORAGE hormone) is active, guess what happens to the fat?

REM
    REM is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator

OH WAIT LET ME GUESS I THINK U LOSE WEIGHT?

superbeast is offline Member
    Do you guys research anything on here any more? Humalog is the faster acting, it peaks in 15 minutes and is nearly gone from the system in 2 hrs. Humulin - R peaks in about 2 hrs and takes about 6 hrs to leave the system. There is a big difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by REM
    HI gear,
    wondering y r u saying not to take fats while slin is active?
    can u deatil please ...
    Rem.
    You want your fat intake to be at minimum while slin is active, otherwise whatever fats you have, it will be stored in your body, and you dont want that.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    You want your fat intake to be at minimum while slin is active, otherwise whatever fats you have, it will be stored in your body, and you dont want that.
    thanks gear,
    since i'm trying to bulk up its all good i want to get back to my previous weight 190lbs ....

Thread Information