Thread: how many iu's

PRIDE03 is offline New Member

how many iu's

I using gh in a hrt program. It is a 15 iu vial, and i put 3.4ml of water in. Then I take .25 6 on 1 off. I was just wondering how many iu's this is. I know this is much less than what is used normally. I seen it explained in the sticky, but I couldn't quite figure it out. My math isn't what it used to be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    '

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE03
    I using gh in a hrt program. It is a 15 iu vial, and i put 3.4ml of water in. Then I take .25 6 on 1 off. I was just wondering how many iu's this is. I know this is much less than what is used normally. I seen it explained in the sticky, but I couldn't quite figure it out. My math isn't what it used to be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    '
    This is easy math, bro...You should be able to figure this out. But something's wrong with your numbers or you've left out a bit of information.

If you're putting 3.4 ml of water in each vial and injecting 0.25ml then you are using 1 vial for 13 injections of 0.25ml of soulution and a 14th injection of .10 ml of solution. (13 x 0.25) + (1 x 0.15) = 3.4. That's not right.

Did you mean that you're putting in 3.5ml of water? Or did you forget to say that the volume of the solution when the GH powder and water are mixed is equal to 3.5 ml?

If thats the case and you're taking .25ml per injection then you're taking 1.07 IU per injection:

--(3.5ml per vial ) / (0.25 ml per injection) = 14 injections per vial
    --(15 IU per vial) / (14 injections per vial) = 1.07 IU per injection

As far as I know, GH is not sold by the total IU. It is sold by mg. So each of your vials is probably labled 5mg. 1 mg of HG is usually equivalent to 2.7 IU. For brevity, most GH companies round up when talking about the total IU per bottle so:
    --5 mg/vial x 2.7 IU/mg = 13.5
    --Most HG companies refer to the 13.5 as "about/approximately 15 IU"

So in theory, you're probably taking 0.96 IU per injection:
    --(13.5 IU per vial) / (14 injections per vial) = 0.96 IU per injection

In reality, you're probably taking 1 IU per injection:
    Since you're not going to draw exactly 0.25 ml for each injection, you should assume that you're injecting approximately 1 IU per day.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 10-08-2004 at 05:30 PM.

PRIDE03 is offline New Member
    thanks guys, the bottle is a 5 mg bottle and it does say apx. 15 iu's. Now why would my doc have me take .25 cc, if it will never equal up.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE03
    thanks guys, the bottle is a 5 mg bottle and it does say apx. 15 iu's. Now why would my doc have me take .25 cc, if it will never equal up.
    It's possible that:
    The volume of the GH powder + 3.4 ml of water = 3.5 ml of mixed solution

If you're doc told you to put 3.4 ml of water in, then follow his instructions. Unless you have a syringe that can finely distinguish the difference between 3.4 and 3.5 ml of solution, you're not going to be able to measure exactly 3.4 ml of water.

Don't waste time worrying about it. If you're taking 14 injections per bottle, then your dose is approximately 1.0 IU per injection. (1.07 IU = 15 IU per bottle/14 injections per bottle).

Thread Information