slowpain is offline Associate Member

HGH and blood sugar?

Why is it that HGH raises blood sugar levels when it turns into IGF-1 which increases insulin sensitivity? Would'nt they cancel eachother out?

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    HGH doesn't really raise BG it actually inhibits insulin secretion therefore your BG stays high instead of falling under the guidance of your natural insulin, when it's converted to igf-1...igf is insulin sensitizing but there is not much insulin floating around to begin with, sinse the pancreas isn't releasing enough insulin..that's why i'm a firm believer in taking slin when running GH especially if your looking to lose some fat while taking GH.

slowpain is offline Associate Member
    **** I really don't want to run slin, I am borderline hypoglycemic so my body produces alot of insulin anyway, maybe because of that I will not have to worry about it. I don't know I am getting ready to run this GH cycle and I will keep an eye on my BG levels with my tester, if it starts to get a little high, which has never happend and probably won't, I will think about slin or maybe something to help produce more insulin.

ducatibob is offline Junior Member
    This leads into a question I was going to post on it's own. Now it's a two parter. If insulin is a glucose "mobilizer", how does it help gain mass? Given that it is suggested that it is taken PWO. I can see how it would help you/ your muscles recover from the glycogen deficiency; but how does it create true mass. If protein is the building block of muscle development and is the key to new cell development how does insulin help create size other than "refilling" the muscle with stored energy.
    I understand that carbohydrates i.e. glucose, are a key component to the body establishing new muscle cells but I'm confused as to how insulin actually helps this.
    Second if HGH raises blood sugar levels and you add slin to "counter act" this how are you adding to the "size" issue other than feeding the muscles the energy source they need for repair and future use i.e. setting yourself up for quicker recovery and additional or harder work outs?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatibob
    This leads into a question I was going to post on it's own. Now it's a two parter. If insulin is a glucose "mobilizer", how does it help gain mass? Given that it is suggested that it is taken PWO. I can see how it would help you/ your muscles recover from the glycogen deficiency; but how does it create true mass. If protein is the building block of muscle development and is the key to new cell development how does insulin help create size other than "refilling" the muscle with stored energy.
    I understand that carbohydrates i.e. glucose, are a key component to the body establishing new muscle cells but I'm confused as to how insulin actually helps this.
    Second if HGH raises blood sugar levels and you add slin to "counter act" this how are you adding to the "size" issue other than feeding the muscles the energy source they need for repair and future use i.e. setting yourself up for quicker recovery and additional or harder work outs?
    Because the purpose of insulin is to signal all cells to ultilize all nutrients for survival. It shuttles the building blocks (amino acids) in the cell.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpain
    **** I really don't want to run slin, I am borderline hypoglycemic so my body produces alot of insulin anyway, maybe because of that I will not have to worry about it. I don't know I am getting ready to run this GH cycle and I will keep an eye on my BG levels with my tester, if it starts to get a little high, which has never happend and probably won't, I will think about slin or maybe something to help produce more insulin.
    It's always wise to monitor your BG when taking GH to see how much if any slin, or glucophage you may need to administer. Some days after taking 4iu's ...I would check my BG 2 hours later and my BG would be in the normal range so i wouldn't take slin obviously because it would send me into hypoglycemia.

Thread Information