notkwite is offline Junior Member

slin: 1st time user. help pls!

Hi guys,
    Im thinking of using slin for the 1st time. I have read up about it in the educational forums, but seem to get variances across the boards. So this is what I have come up with. Im using humilin R, and taking 3iu’s, then 4iu’s, then 5iu’s her on in. my question lies with my consumption after the shot: shake/creatine/dextrose immediately after shot. Protein/simple carb meal 1hr after shot. Protein/complex carb meal a 2hrs after. High protein meal 4 hrs after. will this be sufficient to prevent hypo??? Also, are my doses high enough? Thanx guys, much appreciated.

anyone????

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    that is a good start but monitor yourself closely, if you are feeling faint or not good take more dex. Better safe than sorry. After a little bit you will know the right amount for your body. I used the Humalin R also but I was exhausted for hours after taking it. I am going to try the humalog because it is much faster acting.
    Let me know how you do with the humalin.
    Don't worry, some of the more knowledgable bros will be on soon to give you good advise.
    Good luck.

cheers for that m8... much appreciated

I also have been told that protein also helps with the prevention of hypo? is that true???

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by notkwite
    Hi guys,
    Im thinking of using slin for the 1st time. I have read up about it in the educational forums, but seem to get variances across the boards. So this is what I have come up with. Im using humilin R, and taking 3iu’s, then 4iu’s, then 5iu’s her on in. my question lies with my consumption after the shot: shake/creatine/dextrose immediately after shot. Protein/simple carb meal 1hr after shot. Protein/complex carb meal a 2hrs after. High protein meal 4 hrs after. will this be sufficient to prevent hypo??? Also, are my doses high enough? Thanx guys, much appreciated.
    Immidietly after the shot I would have glutamine/creatine/dextrose. 15 min later have a protein shake. 1.25hrs later have a protein/simple carb meal. That takes care of the most dangeroous time when using slin.

Also, I use only simple carbohydrates throughout the whole Insulin activity period, so as to not take in any unnecessary carbohydrates, as these will be stored. Once the Insulin is no longer active, you can eat as you normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by notkwite
    I also have been told that protein also helps with the prevention of hypo? is that true???
    Approximately 95% of carbohydrates in our diets are converted to blood glucose. Anythilng you intake that your body turns into glucose will help prevent hypo. This explains why dex is the best source of nutrition when it comes to hypo prevention as dextrose has the highest rating on the glycemic index, which means it will act immidietly, and also, dextrose is pure glucose, which means it does not need any converting once ingested. This is an advantage to slin users.

cheers for that GEAR... but will my body be in state of catabolism for too long if i wait 20 min b4 taking some protein?

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    I suggest buying a BG monitor if you are just starting out with slin. You can buy what you need for around $30 and monitoring sticks for about $50 depending on the model and amount of sticks you buy. Yes, it will cost you $80-$100 but you will cut out the guess work, better time your second meal, dial in your carb intake, and be a whole world safer.

You'll be right taking the protein 15 min post injection

Thread Information