HGH, Thyroid Function, Insulin Sensitivity

Just curious at what dosage do the aformentioned functions start to be affected. For instance, at a dose of 2ius a day will Thyroid function drastically decrease or will it stay within the lower part of the normal range. Same question in regards to insulin sensitivity.

I was thinking that considering the relatively low dosages, a Natural Thyroid Support supplement http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=item...&item_id=13101 may help keep Thyroid levels within the normal range.

And the same thing goes fro chromium picolinate for insulin sensitivity, although I think this one is a reach.

The primary goal here is fat loss, and I know the easy answer is to add T3 and slin, but for these purpose and personal convictions I rather steer clear.

Thanks for any insight any of you may havel, clearly there will be pysiological effect from tripling the bodys GH level just looking for a natural way to keep everything in balance.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    GH has barely any effect at all on thyroid function, and Thyroid support supps are not necessary...
    You can run them if you'd like though, as they do aid in thyroid function and boost metabolism. T-100x would be a good start.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Like angel said, your thyroid will be inhibited only very slightly, not enough to really be concerned with, but i still believe in adding atleast 12.5-25mcgs a day of t3 to aid in the fat burning if your using GH..when you add up the fact that your slightly lowering your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and antagonising your insulin release your setting yourself up for a hot bed of weight gain..If you don't want to use slin atleast consider taking glucophage or adequan..Adding chromium and r-ALA will help slightly for their sensitizing abilities, but if your insulin secretion is down there is not much to sensitize, follow me? I honestly believe GH is overated when it comes to it's fat burning properties unless much consideration is given to other factors like your metabolism and insulin surpression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    Like angel said, your thyroid will be inhibited only very slightly, not enough to really be concerned with, but i still believe in adding atleast 12.5-25mcgs a day of t3 to aid in the fat burning if your using GH..when you add up the fact that your slightly lowering your BMR (basal metabolic rate) and antagonising your insulin release your setting yourself up for a hot bed of weight gain..If you don't want to use slin atleast consider taking glucophage or adequan..Adding chromium and r-ALA will help slightly for their sensitizing abilities, but if your insulin secretion is down there is not much to sensitize, follow me? I honestly believe GH is overated when it comes to it's fat burning properties unless much consideration is given to other factors like your metabolism and insulin surpression.
    Thanks for your feedback.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    How would you structure your slin use with the GH? Are you talking about a low dose throughout the GH cycle?

Everything you stated is extremely accurate and knowledgeable. However, I have come to realize over time that I think things through too much, because although as you state one not using T3 or slin is setting the body up for a hot bed of weight gain, I have personally witnessed about 5 close friends who showed dramatic fatloss while using low doses of Jintropin (2-3ius) without T3 or Slin. I guess as much as I like to "know" somethings just dont make sense. I have heard from many people that Jintropin GH seems to be better for fatloss than serostin, although this makes no scientific sense to me at least, real world experience seems to support it.

So I guess we can only explain so much because there are still alot of unknowns. In any case I have the awareness of what potential problems may arise and I will see how the results come.

This was a little off topic but have been thinking about these "unexplainables" for the past few days. Once again I appreciate your thoughtful respionse.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    How would you structure your slin use with the GH? Are you talking about a low dose throughout the GH cycle?
    You would check your BG levels 2 hours after taking GH, if your BG is still high you need to take slin, or a good glucose disposal agent..If your BG is in the normal range you wouldn't need to take slin.

I've certainly heard of a few mebers on here as well that say they have lost fat while taking GH..But the big question is> did they lose anymore fat than they would have anyways considering most people are training and eating cleaner when weightloss is their concern..I think the only accurate to gauge the weightloss effects associated with GH would be to administer this to a sedintary person who is not on any sort of weight training program, and have them make no changes in diet. Many of my first books i read on GH described this wonderful composition change with people who didn't exercise or have very good eating habbits and the results stated they lost 12% BF and gained 12-15% in LBM...and this was at a dose of only 1iu eod. My endo teacher wrote a paper on GH last year that indicates otherwise..and I saw no fat loss when using serostim at 4-5iu's a day, this was stacked with fina and prop..as soon as i stopped the GH the fat just melted off, the next time i monitored my BG and noticed that a majority of the time i had higher than normal BG levels when taking GH so i started adding slin and metformin along with 25mcgs a day of t3 and this made a difference but still nothing drastic..I think GH is a very expensive and weak alternative to fat burners..I mean i've seen 10 times the results from taking clen or dnp etc...I think age gender, race environment probably play a role in this as well..i guess some are "luckier" than others

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTJUICE007
    Everything you stated is extremely accurate and knowledgeable. However, I have come to realize over time that I think things through too much, because although as you state one not using T3 or slin is setting the body up for a hot bed of weight gain, I have personally witnessed about 5 close friends who showed dramatic fatloss while using low doses of Jintropin (2-3ius) without T3 or Slin. I guess as much as I like to "know" somethings just dont make sense. I have heard from many people that Jintropin GH seems to be better for fatloss than serostin, although this makes no scientific sense to me at least, real world experience seems to support it.

So I guess we can only explain so much because there are still alot of unknowns. In any case I have the awareness of what potential problems may arise and I will see how the results come.

This was a little off topic but have been thinking about these "unexplainables" for the past few days. Once again I appreciate your thoughtful respionse.

Agreed, everyone is different, well I guess i'll find out soon enough.

Agreed, everyone is different, well I guess i'll find out soon enough.
    Keep us posted on your progress!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    I've certainly heard of a few mebers on here as well that say they have lost fat while taking GH..But the big question is> did they lose anymore fat than they would have anyways considering most people are training and eating cleaner when weightloss is their concern..I think the only accurate to gauge the weightloss effects associated with GH would be to administer this to a sedintary person who is not on any sort of weight training program, and have them make no changes in diet. Many of my first books i read on GH described this wonderful composition change with people who didn't exercise or have very good eating habbits and the results stated they lost 12% BF and gained 12-15% in LBM...and this was at a dose of only 1iu eod. My endo teacher wrote a paper on GH last year that indicates otherwise..and I saw no fat loss when using serostim at 4-5iu's a day, this was stacked with fina and prop..as soon as i stopped the GH the fat just melted off, the next time i monitored my BG and noticed that a majority of the time i had higher than normal BG levels when taking GH so i started adding slin and metformin along with 25mcgs a day of t3 and this made a difference but still nothing drastic..I think GH is a very expensive and weak alternative to fat burners..I mean i've seen 10 times the results from taking clen or dnp etc...I think age gender, race environment probably play a role in this as well..i guess some are "luckier" than others
    most deff. true. There are too many variables unaccounted for when it comes to personal use stories and anecdotal evidence. A control would need to be set, etc. to see exactly what results GH use alone would provide, while diet and training were monitored.
    If fat loss is your goal, there are more effective things than spending hundreds to a thousand or more dollars on growth hormone . Try some good old ephedrine and cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    most deff. true. There are too many variables unaccounted for when it comes to personal use stories and anecdotal evidence. A control would need to be set, etc. to see exactly what results GH use alone would provide, while diet and training were monitored.
    If fat loss is your goal, there are more effective things than spending hundreds to a thousand or more dollars on growth hormone. Try some good old ephedrine and cardio.
    Those are my feelings exactly...GH is not worth the money for the sake of fat loss IMO..there are definately better, cheaper and more effective fat burners. I will only use GH during bulking phases from here on in, if i can shed some adipose at the same time then great!

yea but you have to consider the sides associated with the better compouns. I mean DNP is terrible for you, and clen and other stims are just uncomfortable. The ratio of benefits to sides is much better with GH IMO.

yea but you have to consider the sides associated with the better compouns. I mean DNP is terrible for you, and clen and other stims are just uncomfortable. The ratio of benefits to sides is much better with GH IMO.
    True indeed...but i'm just finishing up my DNP cycle (with t3) and jumping onto clen next week, i'm also taking a fat burning stack as well..and for the 30.00 I spent on the DNP i'm down 24lbs this month alone, GH will never yeild those results over the course of 6 months and certainly not for 30.00. Don't forget the side effcets of GH tumor growth..GH doesn't just favour the "good" cells but it excellerates cancer cells as well, it cause excessive water retention in alot of people which goes hand in hand with high BP..I've personally experienced some serious carpel tunnel while on GH as well..I guess you choose your poison???

I guess as with anything its all about the dosage, and as far as I understand GH wont cause tumors or cancer if you have it will just show its ugly head faster. Everything has sides, but GH has alot more benefits aside from fat loss compared to DNP IMO. But like you said its all about your goals, if most people dropped 24 lbs theyd be skinny again

I rembered you saying that the only way to prove the fat loss benefits of GH would be to administer it to a sedentary person. Here is what I found at the Lilly website.

those who received Humatrope therapy for six months showed a significant reduction of body fat compared with patients who received placebo injections. Humatrope-treated patients lost an average of 3.27 kg (7.2 lbs) body fat, while placebo-treated patients gained an average of 0.56 kg (1.2 lbs) body fat. The same study showed that Humatrope-treated patients gained and average of 2.59 kg (5.7 lbs) lean body mass, while placebo-treated patients lost an average of 0.22 kg (0.5 lbs) lean body mass.

Thread Information