beyondgenetics is offline New Member

reconstituting IGF

I need help with reconstituting IGF-1 long R3. I've read everything there is to read about it online, and I'm confused. Some say that it's okay to reconstitute it with bacteriostatic water. Others say that once IGF is mixed with BW, it starts to degrade. Others say to mix it with BA. The most reasonable to me advice was to mix it with BW and add some Hydrochloric acid to increase stability. I'm getting 5mg of igf in powder form and would like to reconstitute it all and make sure it will still be good 10 months from now. I've also read that proper PH balance is necessary for igf not to degrade. I have cell culture grade water which meets all usp criteria for water for injection. Maybe I should just reconstitute in that and add some hydrochloric acid??

Also, when reconstituting and storing in vials, do I need to use any filters? what equipment will i need to make sure that everything is proper? The vials that i'll be storing IGF liquid in are sterilized, and the water and IGF is sterile as well. give me some info please. any help would be greatly appreciated.

pH is one of the properties that make a solvent good for reconstituting IGF-1, but BA is good for a different reason (hydrophobic/hydrophillic interactions). Water does NOT have the optimal properties to reconstiute IGF-1, but reconstitution and preservation are completely different things. Reconstitution entails restoring proper peptide structure (be it via pH or hydrophobicity). After proper structure is attained, storage/preservation solvent may be entirely different (although this is impractical, as one would have to use dialysis). Water is NOT ideal to reconstiute, but this does not mean that it'll rapidly degrade IGF-1. It simply means that it doesn't have the properties best suited to achieve proper peptide structure in the first place.

I have access to any solvent I want to use, but I still use BA to reconstitute my LR3, for what that's worth to you. No filters should be necessary using BA, as it is sterile itself, due to it being caustic at concentrated concentrations. If you have sealed sterile vials, you'd simply transfer via syringes, so there should be no issues.

beyondgenetics is offline New Member
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply einstein. I dont understand one thing. Isnt BA a very harsh substance? Knowing how fragile igf is, wouldnt it start to destroy it after a while? 5mg of long r3 should last me for a year at least, I just want to be sure that it'll still be potent when i get to my last vial. How long will it be stable in BA? also, I've heard that reconstituting with BW and adding a bit of hydrochloric acid will keep it stable for a while. I read that liquid stability testing of igf showed that it could be still potent for well over a year if properly reconstituted and stored. Please give me more insight. I'd do it in BA, but i've been hearing complaints on the boards of people using MR's igf which is reconstituted in BA, not to say that it actually is the case. Thanks for any info

michajoerg is offline Junior Member

???????????

if i dont have ba to use because i live in a coutry where i can not buy it and i use 100mg vials igf 33mg morning 33 evening the genci igtropin the life of the igf schould be ok for 24 houres with water delivered from gensci or?
    other things why ba is so much better?
    is igf not effective in the delivered wster?

???

can i also use b12 to inject igf?

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    bump

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cyflex
    bump
    What's your question bro?you bumped for some reason,right?

no real answer?

i have no access to BW!!!!!!!!! in the country i live!
    i use the 100mg from gensci in about 24 houres!
    can i use b12 do use it with the igf ?
    is the effect the same?
    if not a friend can bring me benzylalcohol and i can do my own BW!
    need to do that?

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    BA and BW are 2 different things bro, I use the water that comes with the kits and have done well of it, maybe not as good as it could be possible but BA didnt work for me

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    BA and BW are 2 different things bro, I use the water that comes with the kits and have done well of it, maybe not as good as it could be possible but BA didnt work for me
    I do the same but i like to understand the BIG difference using the water delivered with the kit and BW =water wit benzylalcohol can someone explain in an easy way???????????

no answer???????

??????????

Ba???

What is BA???? BW is clear for me!
    I use the water delivered with the kid

Thanks a lot but do you really think it will make a big difference betweeen the
    effect of igf using the water in the kid or with vinegar?
    Experience????

ph

what is exactly the right ph level for igf????

Thread Information