HGH and falling alseep during the day....

anyone had problems with falling asleep during the day and being really tired at wierd times on HGH??

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i believe it is a common side effect

ducatibob is offline Junior Member
    What time of day do you inject?

over40mule is offline Junior Member
    Yes. I sleep a lot more since I started HGH. The dreams are fantastic. Like I was 20 something again.

frank_frank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    It is a common side effect.....depends on the dose you are taking and what you are eating around the time of the injections, and also what else you are taking with your GH. I notice the sleepy, lethargic sides more with IGF-1 long R3 than HGH, but I have had periods where I have experimented with larger doses of GH (4IU's at a time) where I have gotten that really drowsy feeling.

You could combat this in a few ways. The high-tech way would be to get a BG monitor and get your BG dialed in. The low tech way is to just eat a bit more carbs around the time of your GH injections. Either way should take care of the problem.

i thought that u werent supposed to eat 1.5 hours before and after injectining GH?

bump

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolic_king
    anyone had problems with falling asleep during the day and being really tired at wierd times on HGH??

I am using genotropin and inject in the AM.

Did a work out this morning at 6:30, took a nice hot shower, closed my eyes for a minute and woke up at noon. Great sleep.

So I think the answer is "yes".

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    been on since May and I am always tired especially when sitting around the house, In fact I just woke up from an hour long nap. If I worked for someone I would loose my job. :-)

HULK_RULES is offline New Member
    what site did you get gh from?how much?i wana get on it?whats good for a first time?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK_RULES
    what site did you get gh from?how much?i wana get on it?whats good for a first time?
    Bro, read the rules - its forbidden to ask for sources. Like I said to you before - read, read, read, all the answers are here somewhere.

boney1 is offline New Member
    i have the same problem i was doing 4 iu when i get up, and by 3 im sleepin at my desk. now i found a way to sneak it into work and do a second inject around 4pm it really lifted the fog. 2iu am 2iu pm try it

M56M is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank_frank
    i thought that u werent supposed to eat 1.5 hours before and after injectining GH?

Bump.

I never heard this before anybody else?

M56M

kaorialfred is offline Member
    now does this apply to low dose 2 I.U. it seem that the sleepy symtoms come from high dose 4 I.U. or more.
    I can't wait , to actually get some good sleep. That's what I look forward to on HGH.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    The main reason why you fall sleepy is because GH is normally released the first two hours of sleep. So, it's natural for you body to want to sleep when you inject. Same thing happened to me, then eventually went away.

BLT

thanks a lot redbaron! u r always there to help

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    I think some of the older anti-aging books discuss not eating for a few hours before your GH release, but for the most part they discuss endogenous GH and not exogenous injections....and then only with respect to spiking insulin by eating high G.I. carbs. If you are wanting a maximum GH endogenous release at night, you will want to avoid anything that would spike your insulin level for a few hours before bed. Then if you really want to maximize your own release, take a few grams of Arginine and a few grams of Glutamine.......but all of this is referring to your own release, not for those of us that inject GH at 4-5 IU's a day.

There are a couple of ways of looking at it. The one way is that eating simple carbs does spike you insulin level, and a rise in insulin level raises IGFBP's, which is not what we want.....we want all of the IGF that is a result of our GH injections to reach receptor sites in the muscles. This effect of IGFBP's is mainly found in serum though, and is not the only mechanism by which GH assists with IGF-1 in body tissues. Another twist in this is that it is also dependant on what you are eating. Many foods have little/no affect on spiking insulin.

The other way to look at it is that insulin and GH are very effective together in shuttling nutrients to tissues in the body. They compliment each other very well in the type of things they shuttle, and this for bodybuilding purposes would more than offset any slight negative that a small rise in IGFBP's would have. This is why my high-tech suggestion is to monitor BG.....having the right amount of insulin (and BG level) is a good thing for our purposes while using injectable GH.

I don't really worry too much about when I eat versus when I take my GH injections. I take them first thing in the morning, and early afternoon. On some days there is probably an hour to an hour and a half between the injections and meals. Other days not. I think within reason, you don't have to worry too much about your meal timing, even less so if you are taking IGF-1 with your GH cycle.....that REALLY offsets any slight negative that a rise in IGFBP's might have.

Hope this helps to make this issue about as clear as mud.

RedBaron

Thread Information