bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member

rHGH Stiff neck sides?

Been using HGH now for 5wks. First month @ 2iu's ed since I bumped it to 4iu's 5on 2off. I noticed some neck pain like the same as if one slept on a large pillow. It's nothing too major but my range of motion if taken to extremes has discomfort. The funny thing is I believe I started having this before my start but my wife says no I was complaining AFTER. My bp is normal & no noticeable water hold so I know my kidneys are not retaining sodium which accounts for the most common side of carpel tunnel syndrome, swelling & joint pain caused by extra water fluids. Anyone experienced this as a possible side of HGH? I am not on any other substances. Thanks
    Last edited by bluethunder; 11-07-2004 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling

mad4muscles is offline New Member
    Funny, I have had similar issue not only with my neck but also my shoulders - they are stiff and sore and it's difficult to raise my arms straight up. I was at 2ius for 6 weeks and 3-4iu for the past 2. I'm also experiencing some mild "carpal tunnel".

Not to hijack, but can you elaborate on this sodium retention thing? That is not something I've come across in my research before. Because the other weird thing I've had the past week or so is pain in my kidneys (mostly right one) and also a weird, somewhat painful sensation in my bladder about every other time I piss. I thought maybe I had a kidney stone, but now I'm wondering if it's a side I missed reading about?

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    when I was using 4 IU's I had pain in my neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, etc. I go down to 2 IU's and I am fine, then as soon as I start creeping up to 3 and 4 IU's it comes back. I am staying at 2 IU's. So yes, I think this is part of it. I hope this helps.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks bigj and mad4 early studies by pioneers such as Dr. Rudman and concluded that HGH can cause edema(water) in the lower extremities and joint pain associated with it. Through a effect called antinatriuretic action the kidneys start to retain sodium which as you know holds water. This is what is responsible for the carpel and joint sides as I understand it. Makes sense here too. This is also why the skin looks/gets younger looking as the lower edermis/epidermis levels get hydrated making the skin softer & smoother. Old age is like a prune dried up turning back into a plum. In the many studies cutting back the doses completely cured the sides. Also the skin proteins of collagen & elastin is a byproduct of HGH after it is converted in the liver to IGF-1 & other growth factors. It is the IGF that does it all.

restallu is offline New Member
    It is happening to me too after 4 weeks of use...When I inject more that 3UI pain is quite noticeable.

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i have the same type symptoms i am at 7iu a day have been for about a week or so. i really feel it in the elbow. usually a few hours after the second 3.5iu before bed. i usually wake with numb hands and some pain in elbows. also not sure related but my knucles seem to crack more often i would guess it also has to do with water retention in the joints.

HGH retains water that's a known side. Water retention impinges on nerves and you get stiff necks, shoulder aches, CTS, stiff joints. etc. On the other side HGH is awesome at cutting fat, increasing the number of muscle tissue cells, better brain blood circulation, moisturizing joint collagen, increases healing, etc. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Thread Information