At what dose of gh is organ growth a concern?

Just curious at around what dose are the more serious side effects of GH a concern? Is it at +4ius? or way higher like 8 or more ius? Just curious at wht point these side effects are of ocncern, especially heart enlargement (I believe it is called cardiomyopathy)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    I would start worrying at +10IU's over a long cycle. At 4-5IU's, risks are pretty minimal. The safeguard would be to occasionally get your blood drawn and get an IGF-1 level....if it is soaring in the stratosphere, then you will want to back off a bit. While high IGF-1 levels are good, too high is where you will begin to get organ growth over a long enough time.
    Great, thanks for the response, those were my thoughts just wanted some confirmation.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Coleman is rumored to be taking 18+ IU's per day, and he definitely has organ gorwth!It's sickening.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Doesn't heart enlargement occur in most body builders and powerlifters.... due to heavy lifting? I thought thats what my doctor said.....

But when the heavy weight stops..... the heart returns to size..... I may be wrong here so please correct me if i am.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Coleman is rumored to be taking 18+ IU's per day, and he definitely has organ gorwth!It's sickening.
    If you look at an old picture of him compared to a newer one it is ridiculous, he looks as if he has gone about 3 rungs down the evolutionary ladder in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    If you look at an old picture of him compared to a newer one it is ridiculous, he looks as if he has gone about 3 rungs down the evolutionary ladder in recent years.
    are those affects really worth it for what the return is. I mean look at Ruhl, the guy has prob the most mass ever and I'm sure he makes a comfortable living, but is this living worth an early death?

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTJUICE007
    are those affects really worth it for what the return is. I mean look at Ruhl, the guy has prob the most mass ever and I'm sure he makes a comfortable living, but is this living worth an early death?
    Not in my opinion

hikneeken is offline Junior Member
    i was going to state 18iu+ as well

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Do you need 10+ I.U.'s of Gh to get that freaky size? I wonder what dosage most national level competitors use?

youknowme is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Doesn't heart enlargement occur in most body builders and powerlifters.... due to heavy lifting? I thought thats what my doctor said.....

But when the heavy weight stops..... the heart returns to size..... I may be wrong here so please correct me if i am.

~Haz~
    The athletes that are suffering from a enlarged heart are mostly the marthon and longdistance runners along with the skiers (not downhill). As for your doctors opinions, that could be the true. I'm not really sure

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Just curious at around what dose are the more serious side effects of GH a concern? Is it at +4ius? or way higher like 8 or more ius? Just curious at wht point these side effects are of ocncern, especially heart enlargement (I believe it is called cardiomyopathy)
    I see questions like this all the time, and then I see people answer these questions without telling the whole story. When people get answers to these kinds of questions they walk away thinking, "If I stay below this dose, then I'm safe."

Learn this now:
    Steroids affect each person differently. There is no magic dose that will keep everyone safe. If you're in this game you need to understand this. Although you might get answers to your questions, a lot of what is tossed back and forth is based on guesses and what sounds right. Very little is actually substantiated by formal medical tests because the legitimate research community has focused on neither the way we use steroids nor on the affects of many of the compounds we use. However, there's good news: Parts of the research community is slowly starting to focus on steroids since HRT for men and women has grown more popular. But I digress...

You've gotten a specific answer in this thread regarding the point at which you should worry about enlargement of organs. The truth is, GH (and any steroid ) at any supernormal dose can cause silent complications.

If you choose to use steroids, that's fine. But don't lull yourself into a false sense of security. It's important that you get tested regularly and keep an eye on the things that are happening to your body, else you may hurt yourself irreparably.

Agreed, but as you said, since there is not much scientifically based research regarding our kind of use, this forum is the best thing for "guesses" from experience. But I hear ya, you do not want to have a false sense of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    I see questions like this all the time, and then I see people answer these questions without telling the whole story. When people get answers to these kinds of questions they walk away thinking, "If I stay below this dose, then I'm safe."

Learn this now:
    Steroids affect each person differently. There is no magic dose that will keep everyone safe. If you're in this game you need to understand this. Although you might get answers to your questions, a lot of what is tossed back and forth is based on guesses and what sounds right. Very little is actually substantiated by formal medical tests because the legitimate research community has focused on neither the way we use steroids nor on the affects of many of the compounds we use. However, there's good news: Parts of the research community is slowly starting to focus on steroids since HRT for men and women has grown more popular. But I digress...

You've gotten a specific answer in this thread regarding the point at which you should worry about enlargement of organs. The truth is, GH (and any steroid ) at any supernormal dose can cause silent complications.

If you choose to use steroids, that's fine. But don't lull yourself into a false sense of security. It's important that you get tested regularly and keep an eye on the things that are happening to your body, else you may hurt yourself irreparably.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed, but as you said, since there is not much scientifically based research regarding our kind of use, this forum is the best thing for "guesses" from experience. But I hear ya, you do not want to have a false sense of confidence.
    Definitely don't discredit the information you get on this board. It's probably the most accurate information you can get, since most of the members are interested in checking information before they tell you something.

If you compare this to other boards, you'll find this one is one where people often go the extra mile to look up studies and other evidence to support statements, especially when there's a disagreement.

So, you're certainly in good hands here. But, you still need to be careful when playing this game.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE

Learn this now:

while i agree with some of what you state,regardless of what research and lab reports tell you.it is not the whole truth.the whole truth comes from real life applications.and the answer given by REDBARON was along those lines,as it is most common that below 4ius there are very little if any sides felt,it seems that once you go over that dose you start to get the carpal tunnel feelings and such.and while everyone does react different.any info given is nothing more then a guidline regardless if it is backed by science.because as i stated above real life application is definately a different game entirely.

this is my opinion and nothing more,take it for what it is worth to you

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    It is true enough that people react differently to hormones ..... as well as any medications. My brother-in-law is working with a 10 year old patient right now that merely went in to have a mole removed from his back. He had a really bad reaction to the anaesthesia and now his fingers, toes, and other body parts are rotting off.

So yes, any advice has to be given a disclaimer......even if you are going to take an aspirin or tylenol, or .....etc. The only advice that we can give is general consensus. I personally experiment on myself and poke myself monthly to do bloodwork to test what effect different combinations and doses of hormones do. My comments are from results on myself and my close circle of friends that also serve somewhat as guinnea pigs.

With regard to HGH, I have monitored myself and friends, and my comment on dose is based on what I have found to be the case from my own experimentation and from that of my friends....all of whom have been poked, x-rayed and otherwise monitored beyond what any person should have to endure

Bask8kase's point is well taken though.....be careful out there. Get monitored from time to time. Watch out for any weird effects.
    So how do i go about getting in this "close circle of friends"
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Thread Information